2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I'm collecting my FXT tomorrow, woohoo! I know there's a new car checklist in the forum somewhere. Any other tips the experienced bros have specific to Forester when taking over the car?

There is a checklist somewhere...but personally I did not use one during collection.

It's always exciting on car collection day. If you have a good SE, he will make effort to go through the car with you in detail on their checklist. Anything not sure, just ask your SE on the spot during collection. Take your time and enjoy the moment. The car is under warranty, so no need to worry yourself unnecessarily. Just check the exterior, all the basic equipment and those items that was promised by the SE under the agreement.

Then just drive out of the showroom with a big smile on your face...it's a great car.

Edited by razor54
↡ Advertisement

I'm collecting my FXT tomorrow, woohoo! I know there's a new car checklist in the forum somewhere. Any other tips the experienced bros have specific to Forester when taking over the car? 

Enjoy ur new car smell...

What kind of sun shades do you mean? Those snap on type?

You don't mean solar film right?

I have seen some really nice ones, in BMW and Merc, think those are built in sun shades.

The other day saw a Forester with those snap type sun shade... any idea where to get those?

I have seen some really nice ones, in BMW and Merc, think those are built in sun shades.

The other day saw a Forester with those snap type sun shade... any idea where to get those?

I guess you are talking about either Laser Shades or Groovy Shades. Those are the ones customised to fit your windows exactly. Laser shades uses magnets to secure the shades to the top of your windows and Groovy Shades uses clips on the window frame.

Can look up Carousell for contacts. I think it's by asc customed shades or something like that.

Currently no Laser Shades for Forester, only Groovy Shades. Laser shades' shipment will be in May.

Edited by razor54
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Apparently MI sells too.. Ask your SE. Not sure about costs though.

I guess you are talking about either Laser Shades or Groovy Shades. Those are the ones customised to fit your windows exactly. Laser shades uses magnets to secure the shades to the top of your windows and Groovy Shades uses clips on the window free.

Can look up Carousell for contacts. I think it's by asc customed shades or something like that.

Currently no Laser Shades for Forester, only Groovy Shades. Laser shades' shipment will be in May

Thanks for the information bro... I will definitely be getting those...

You have any idea what type of shades MI is carrying? Level 4?

Turbocharged

You have any idea what type of shades MI is carrying? Level 4?

No idea bro. Just heard they do..

MI MY sells the groovy shades

Edited by BenTong

No idea bro. Just heard they do..

MI MY sells the groovy shades

I google and contacted the guy doing Groovy shades in Singapore, he quote $180 including installation for Forester

Hi folks,

Got the Forester XT recently, and looking through the MI website, and under drosucts, they have slotted disk brakes and Broquet products. Do you guys think its worth it to upgrade the breaks for the Forester and also anyone tried the Broquet on the Forester XT and actually got better mileage?

Thanks.

Guys, for $180 6 piece - laser shade or groovy shades, which will you choose for your forester?

Personally, I will choose Laser Shades with the 2 magnets on top. It is more neat when you remove the shades, unlike the Groovy Shades with clips taped to the window frame. It's faster to put up when needed too, not to mention easier for my kids behind to do it themselves.

Yup, 2015 stock, MI clearing it at a discount, so I decided to get it instead of the facelift model. Saved me some $$$!

When I got it, SE told me there were only a few units left, in blue and red only.

When did u order and how much cheaper if possible to share? Thanks

Yes. MI have it.

My brother got directly from MI for his XT.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all Forester fans here,

Need your help to understand the Turbo part of the Forester.

I have been going around the showrooms to test drive new cars for the last few months.

Very interested in the Subaru Forester. Tested both the NA and XT version.  

After reading forums and comments, got the idea that the Turbo only cuts in at around 3200 rpm.

Does this means that practically the Turbo function will not be used most of the time when driving in 

Singapore ? As most of the time my current car seldom reached / stays at above 3000 rpm.

Kindly helps me to clear this doubt as I am quite interested in the Forester, especially the XT version.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all Forester fans here,

Need your help to understand the Turbo part of the Forester.

I have been going around the showrooms to test drive new cars for the last few months.

Very interested in the Subaru Forester. Tested both the NA and XT version.  

After reading forums and comments, got the idea that the Turbo only cuts in at around 3200 rpm.

Does this means that practically the Turbo function will not be used most of the time when driving in 

Singapore ? As most of the time my current car seldom reached / stays at above 3000 rpm.

Kindly helps me to clear this doubt as I am quite interested in the Forester, especially the XT version.

Thank you in advance.

You are reading a review that had all the false information..likely the reviewer plug the number from the air... or maybe he is a SE from competitor brand.

Based on the XT torque curve, at 1.5k rpm, it produce about 250Nm. At 2k rpm it produce about 300Nm and max torque of 350Nm from 2.4k rpm to 3.6k rpm. The torque at 1.5k rpm already much higher than all others 2.0L NA SUV max torque.

Go test drive yourself to feel it.

• Praise 1

Yes. MI have it.

My brother got directly from MI for his XT.

I'm also interested to know the brand/type and cost...
↡ Advertisement