2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Don't waste money, corrosion resistance is more for cars in winter countries that salt their rods regularly. Moreover, it's not likely you will keep your car longer than ten years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Anyone here know how to de-activate the remote? This is when I want to leave the remote in the car and use the pin lock.

Should be in the manual. If not, try this

https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/11/subarus-pin-code-system-provides-easy-keyless-access/

I went for 1k free servicing recently. The service advisor recommended to spray two layers of rubberised coating to protect the undercarriage against corrosion and abrasion etc & it can also improve the soundproofing. It cost around $800 for the two layers of rubberised coating.

I didn't go ahead with the rubberised coating yet as I'm not sure how effective is the coating. Any bros here who have applied the coating can advise? Thanks.

For the 1k servicing, was there any oil change? I heard for some brands like Mazda, there is no oil change. It's more a check and inspection. Edited by Jamesgetz

Thanks bros for the info. At the mean time, I'll put the rubberized coating on the shelf first until my mileage reach 30k then decide:-)

Yes, there is oil change for 1k servicing.

Question for Forester owners - how do you change the fuel consumption display from L/100km to km/L? The manual says to press the trip button, but that doesn't change the units for me. It only changes from Trip A to Trip B. 

• Praise 1

Should be in the manual. If not, try this

https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/11/subarus-pin-code-system-provides-easy-keyless-access/

For the 1k servicing, was there any oil change? I heard for some brands like Mazda, there is no oil change. It's more a check and inspection.

Yes, there is oil change. After driving in, a service consultant will attend to your car. Mine told me what will be checked and also Shell Helix Ultra Fully Synthetic will be used for the servicing.

Question for Forester owners - how do you change the fuel consumption display from L/100km to km/L? The manual says to press the trip button, but that doesn't change the units for me. It only changes from Trip A to Trip B. 

Use a calculator  :secret-laugh:  :secret-laugh:

Dont like that lah. From what I understand, it will only display L/100km and not km/L.

For me, I memorize these figures - 9.1, 8.3, 7.7, 7.1 and 6.7

If you can get anything lower, you shld be very excited taking out your calculator

• Praise 1

For me, I memorize these figures - 9.1, 8.3, 7.7, 7.1 and 6.7

If you can get anything lower, you shld be very excited taking out your calculator

6.7l/100km = 14.92km/l even better than specs for NA. 99% highway?

I went for 1k free servicing recently.   The service advisor recommended to spray two layers of rubberised coating to protect the undercarriage against corrosion and abrasion etc & it can also improve the soundproofing. It cost around $800 for the two layers of rubberised coating.

I didn't go ahead with the rubberised coating yet as I'm not sure how effective is the coating.   Any bros here who have applied the coating can advise?  Thanks. 

During the workshop, someone asked and we were told that this rubberised coating thing will add an additional of about 10kg more to the car.

Turbocharged

During the workshop, someone asked and we were told that this rubberised coating thing will add an additional of about 10kg more to the car.

That's a good professional answer. Hee Hee. Basically it could mean "if you want to spend the $$$ spend la.. " or it could mean " what the hell you want to spend for what?"

I belong to the category that spend the $$$ thinking it was worth it and necessary to have for a 5 year old car. Thinking about it .. Won't say it's a waste of $$$ but....

IMO, regarding FC, I wouldnt be too bother by it. Especially if it is a 2.0L car, with/without turbo. Unless one is on the road 6 hours daily, else I feel the few litres more wont make a difference. We are not in those countries where travelling daily 50km one way for work.

If we get too obsessed with FC, it takes the fun out of driving, let alone the pleasure of owning a more powerful car. So live and let live, the cut back on ciggi or one less restaurant meal will save more than the meagre return of FC monitoring. 

• Praise 4

Hi Bros,

was thinking of adding these LEDs to the FXT...but its quite costly to do at MI...thinking it might be cheaper to do via other workshops. Would it void any warranty from MI though?

http://www.subaru.jp/accessory/forester/item/#p_exterior

Hi. May I know how much does MI charge to installing the LEDs at the front bumper? I am thinking of fixing it in the future too.

Hi. May I know how much does MI charge to installing the LEDs at the front bumper? I am thinking of fixing it in the future too.

I have ask before buying my XT. MI sell the LED but unable to install for us cos it is not compliant to LTA regulations. Maybe thats why our FXT doesn't come with it as standard.

I have ask before buying my XT. MI sell the LED but unable to install for us cos it is not compliant to LTA regulations. Maybe thats why our FXT doesn't come with it as standard.

Not compliant because MI make it a after market option. MI need to send the car to LTA to get it approve.

If you are driving the facelift model, it already had the C LED on the head light which look nicer.

• Praise 1

Not compliant because MI make it a after market option. MI need to send the car to LTA to get it approve.

If you are driving the facelift model, it already had the C LED on the head light which look nicer.

Thanks for the feedback Brandon Tan and Tohto. Actually I have not book the XT yet, I'm in overseas for some time and will only be back in Sg next week. Will book a XT in May, hopefully the first COE bidding in May will go down a bit....

OMV vs Selling price

Forester 2.0IL      - $15483 (Selling $113,800)

Forester 2.0XT    - $19097 (selling $125,800)

XV                       - $15454 ($101,800)

Mitsubishi ASX    -  $17228 ($103,000)

Nissan QQ 1.2T  - $18740 ($106,988)

Maybe this is pointless and noob observation, but why Subaru selling their cars at much larger margins as compared to the other Jap brands? I'm also quite surprise that the OMV of non-turbo Forested is almost the same as the XV, yet forester selling for more than S$10K more. ?? [hur]

Edited by Tunge
↡ Advertisement