2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

IMO, maybe passed that age already, if purely for aesthetics, I rather keep stock. Unless $750 per rim gives a better ride, or has safety enhancement, else I will still keep stock. That 3k can be better spent elsewhere. 

I think should opt for wider wheel so that can fit wider tyre for better traction.

225/55/18 really don't have option for sports tyres like CSC5 or Goodyear F1A2 (and probably eventually A3) or PS3

↡ Advertisement

what specs do you want? these are cast rims from Enkei. at $750 you are approaching forged rim prices.

though there's nothing wrong with cast cos' I don't think most pple go for regular track days with Forester.

should be 18x7.5 offset 48 if I remember correctly. can always get specs from japan website.

and not all cast rims are poor, Enkei has their MAT process, ADVAN Racing are mostly cast as well yet these are one of the most popular racing rims.

Personnally, I would rather buy good cast rims from such brands than unknown brand (not track tested) forged rims... but that's just me... :)

Thanks everyone for the views! Actually, I have a few considerations for the rim change:

1. Looks. I understand that there will be lots of foresters out there, so I do want to have a slightly personalised car (with different rims) that I can call my own. Yes looks are subjective, but the STI rims look pretty good to me. Doesn't matter that it is not forged because I won't go tracking anyway. In any case, these are still STI rims at the end of the day so still have a certain (high) level of quality to them.

2. Price. At $750 a piece, it is definitely not the cheapest around. But I was thinking of swapping the stock rims upfront when I get the car, so perhaps can negotiate with the SE for a lower price. (This point should be considered together with point 3 on warranty below.)

3. Warranty. Motor Image is super ngeow when it comes to warranty. Hope to avoid any unnecessary warranty issues by going through them for the rim upgrade. So in a way, the higher price for the rims is a premium to keep the warranty intact.

4. Future upgrade. I may decide to upgrade the stock brakes to BBK in future (knowing fully well that I may void the warranty). The stock rims have very little clearance, so I was thinking that the STI rims may provide more clearance. But this point seems to be moot because both rims have the same offset -- or am I mistaken?

Turbocharged

All this talk of rims and aesthetics ... Haiz when are you going off road? That's why you buy a forester right? Come on guys ..

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

All this talk of rims and aesthetics ... Haiz when are you going off road? That's why you buy a forester right? Come on guys ..

Thanks everyone for the views! Actually, I have a few considerations for the rim change:

4. Future upgrade. I may decide to upgrade the stock brakes to BBK in future (knowing fully well that I may void the warranty). The stock rims have very little clearance, so I was thinking that the STI rims may provide more clearance. But this point seems to be moot because both rims have the same offset -- or am I mistaken?

Besides the offset, the rim (and spoke) design also plays an impt part on brake clearance.   The STi rims should be able to clear the STi brembos but the clearance will be tight...  Not sure whether it fits alcon or other brands   

IMO, the rims look damn good but I don't think it's worth $3K.  Lots of other choices to choose from for this price.  If you get rims which are within reasonable range of the stock specs, I doubt MI can void your warranty anyhow. 

3rd day driving my FXT, enjoying every moment of it  [nod]  [nod][bounce2]  [bounce2]

congrats!  counting down to collecting mine soon...

Can share which part of the rim is embossed with Enkei? Thank you.

On the surface of one of the spokes when you turn the rim around. 

3rd day driving my FXT, enjoying every moment of it [nod][nod][bounce2][bounce2]

Enjoy your new car...very nice to ride. It will make you look forward to get behind the wheel everyday.
  • Praise 1

I am looking to rims for performance and FC benefits. I can totally understand if anyone is doing it for looks. To each his own.

For BBK, crucial to check that the rims can clear. I think offset of at least 49 or wider rims (8.5) is necessary for the Forester. Bear in mind that wider rims while generally believed to achieve better road holding, will lead to stiffer turning and worse FC. 

my friend from Malaysia driving Honda CR-V 2.4, RM145k,

he told me Forester XT in Malaysia is RM220k, he is not affordable, even if Forester NA also RM155k,

how come is Singapore, it's opposite,

I cannot afford CR-V but can afford Forester :grin:  

is Singapore underrated Forester and overrated CRV or Malaysia overrated Forester and underrated CRV?

he told me Forester XT in Malaysia is RM220k, he is not affordable, even if Forester NA also RM155k,

is Singapore underrated Forester and overrated CRV or Malaysia overrated Forester and underrated CRV?

Malaysia Forester NA is locally assembly.

XT is imported from Japan.

• Praise 1

If you conduct a research, you will realize that in other countries, Forester is not cheaper than it's peer. This only happened in Singapore where you can get it at B&B car (e.g. Altis) equivalent price.

See link below, Top 6 most reliable car model in UK 2016 ranking.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-2016

• Praise 1

If you conduct a research, you will realize that in other countries, Forester is not cheaper than it's peer. This only happened in Singapore where you can get it at B&B car (e.g. Altis) equivalent price.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/64280/most-reliable-cars-2016

wah! 8 of 10 from Japan, 5 of 10 from Lexus, [thumbsup]

what about BMW, Merc, VW, Audi, Volvo, LR, Ford, KIA, Hyundai?

If you conduct a research, you will realize that in other countries, Forester is not cheaper than it's peer. This only happened in Singapore where you can get it at B&B car (e.g. Altis) equivalent price.

Very comforting to know this :)
↡ Advertisement