2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Very comforting to know this :)

I think FNA and FXT owners have a really good deal in Singapore from an OMV perspective. I really wonder how they manufacture it so cheap considering it comes from Japan. The FXT at 250 HP and 350Nm is even cheaper than a 1.6L Altis assembled in Thailand. There is just no comparison..

MI could have brought in the eyesight technology t

OMV comparison.bmp

↡ Advertisement

Nice. Congrats on getting the car!

Anyone got the new Sepia bronze recently? Can post some pictures?

20160416_184034_zpsavmyuuja.jpg

sepia%20bronze_zpsf7xgumnx.jpg

Edited by Newkid

I am looking to rims for performance and FC benefits. I can totally understand if anyone is doing it for looks. To each his own.

For BBK, crucial to check that the rims can clear. I think offset of at least 49 or wider rims (8.5) is necessary for the Forester. Bear in mind that wider rims while generally believed to achieve better road holding, will lead to stiffer turning and worse FC. 

STi 18" has always been able to clear the 4P/2P Brembo / STi calipers used on WRX.

a lot of 17" also will clear this Brembo setup.

as for FC.... I seriously don't think it will really matter for XT, maybe NA bah. I don't ever feel FC improved on my Prodrives / Volk Racing compared to stock rims.... unless u drive really really gently with this car...

Neutral Newbie

Finally collecting my FNA tomorrow...less than 1 month to get my COE (w a 8 bid NG) and a 3 weeks wait for car collection (could be earlier if not for Motor Show).

Anyway, all's good and it is going to be Sleepless in Singapore tonight...

Neutral Newbie

Finally collecting my FNA tomorrow...less than 1 month to get my COE (w a 8 bid NG) and a 3 weeks wait for car collection (could be earlier if not for Motor Show).

Congrats! What color you selected? I just booked one with Sepia Bronze Metallic, a super special color even myself don't have any idea what it really look like.

I am looking to rims for performance and FC benefits. I can totally understand if anyone is doing it for looks. To each his own.

For BBK, crucial to check that the rims can clear. I think offset of at least 49 or wider rims (8.5) is necessary for the Forester. Bear in mind that wider rims while generally believed to achieve better road holding, will lead to stiffer turning and worse FC.

Keep the 3k and not worry about fuel consumption... Can pump extra 1500 litre abt 15000 km of mileage?

Congratulations...

Am waiting for my SE to confirm collection date :)

I think FNA and FXT owners have a really good deal in Singapore from an OMV perspective. I really wonder how they manufacture it so cheap considering it comes from Japan. The FXT at 250 HP and 350Nm is even cheaper than a 1.6L Altis assembled in Thailand. There is just no comparison..

attachicon.gifOMV comparison.bmp

I'm thinking whether some performance and features were compromised,

safety feature: 7 airbags??? who verify? 

Bhp: 250??? tested?

Nm: 350Nm, highly doubt

Edited by MQX87511

Singapore spec is 240bhp lah.

250hp is for US market.

Turbocharged

Errrr. Why you say so leh?

US or some overseas market always list the FXT at 250hp. But in Singapore it's spec at 241hp. Not sure why the difference but doubt I can feel the 9hp difference anyway.

7 airbags why must verify? It's listed as that by Subaru Singapore (MotorImage), so we have to take their word for it bah. What to do...it's the same for other manufacturers, either we go challenge their claimed specs or just believe we are getting our money's worth as promised.

Performance of the bhp/Nm I don't think there's any shortchange or compromise. Removing the Eyesight Safety System and Navigation module might have a play in the reduced OMV though.

Edited by razor54

for airbags, just look out for imprints or tags with SRS AIRBAGS. They are usually located at sides of seats, rear pillars... You go around the interior and check for 7 SRS AIRBAGS. [:p] But I doubt you want to test if they are in working condition.

Edited by Kangadrool

for airbags, just look out for imprints or tags with SRS AIRBAGS. They are usually located at sides of seats, rear pillars... You go around the interior and check for 7 SRS AIRBAGS. [:p] But I doubt you want to test if they are in working condition.

Mine has 8 leh  :huh:

+ my tummy  [:p]

attachicon.gifOMV comparison.bmp

Some locally fitted parts? leather? HU?

FOREX plays a big part in imported goods.

USD was stronger than YEN, hence MIT cars are more expensive than MIJ cars.....

I rem back in 2010/2011, a Mazda 6 2.5 and a BMW 318 has the same OMV of around $33k.... purely because EUR was cheap and YEN was expensive...

Edited by Notsogoodman
↡ Advertisement