2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hypersonic
(edited)

The tray at the central armrest console has some slots to put some coins...if you really need one.

For the current Forester, the tyres played a role in contributing to the road noise. The Bridgestones supplied are not the quietest out there.

Yes, there are 2 memory buttons for 2 preset settings. Very useful if you have 2 drivers for the car.

The 2 remote access key can also store another 2 same or different memory position for the driver seat.

So in total can have 4 position.

When enter the car with the remote access, seat will auto adjust to the position saved on the key.

If have others position save on the memory button, can press on the button to change again.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement

Wow these 2 things you brought up really suck.. lets hopefully hear from others.

My wife die die told me she needs reverse camera, if she depends on it sure park slanted.

Ya, can tell me it cannot be fixed and it's for estimation only. Why like that ah? Cannot be fixed?? Weird le!

Neutral Newbie

Anybody have any issue with the bonnet being not aligned properly when collecting the car.

During the first servicing, can we ask the service personnel to align for us?

[[[For those who are into modding their cars, check out eBay, Japanparts.com and subispeed. Lots of parts which are not available here and sometimes much cheaper. For eg, I got the original Subaru rear bumper cargo step cover for S$110 including shipping from eBay. MI sells it for $210 and it comes with "SUBARU" words which I rather not have. The overseas version doesn't have the embossed words.]]]

Are you referring to the black rubber thing that rest on the top of the rear bumper? I am looking for the one that has the words "Forester" on it.

Any leads?

from that I've found so far, The original Subaru black plastic ones either have "SUBARU" word or no word.

U may want to check Tao bao whether there are aftermarket ones. I recall seeing some which are stainless steel

Anyone with a new XT experience rattling sounds? Mine at around the 500km mark start to hear rattling sound when going over pot-holes or bumpy roads. Sounds like it's coming from the back of the car.

Anyone with a new XT experience rattling sounds? Mine at around the 500km mark start to hear rattling sound when going over pot-holes or bumpy roads. Sounds like it's coming from the back of the car.

Try to narrow down the exact place of the rattle. Also check boot as well as the tray underneath the boot board for any loose items that could be causing the sound.

from that I've found so far, The original Subaru black plastic ones either have "SUBARU" word or no word.

U may want to check Tao bao whether there are aftermarket ones. I recall seeing some which are stainless steel

There's a Kansha event at Leng Kee Showroom on 14-15 May 2016. There's an offering for the Forester stainless steel cargo step at $199.

Some of us just did a group order for the laser shades. Our orders coming in mid May. All sets already reserved in this batch for Forester. Next batch will be in Jun/Jul. Did not get from MI because they are selling groovy shades which uses clips instead of magnets on the laser shades.

It will further improve the UV protection but not too sure about solar heat rejection properties. But it will definitely reduce glare for the passengers and maybe help a little with direct sunlight on the skin.

Hi bro

Any chance to share some photo of the laser shade ?

Thanks.

I just brought the car for servicing this am.

I was advised to top up for the anti rust under carriage coating at $290 before GST coz service centre said the new model doesn't come with it, unlike previous model. Said can prevent rust for 1 more year if so. 1 yr only? Any experience from other Forester owners?

Also, I was told there is nothing they can do about the reversing camera alignment that isn't straight and accurate. If i follow the corner lines indicated my reverse camera, my car will be parked very slanted. It even shows at bottom of camera (car boot) is slanted meaning camera is not aligned straight.

But Subara said it is a common problem and there is nothing they can do about it. Why like that?

Subaru is not going to sell a car that will rust in one year. No one does that anymore. There is absolutely no need to apply anti rust coating on the undercarriage. Come one, the car can go off road in streams and mud. Take what the service guys say with a big pinch of salt. He's just selling things you don't need.

Forget about the nano paint coating as well.

Rear camera is physically placed slightly off centre, that's why it can't be changed. The centre is taken up by the boot switch. Just use the very big side mirrors, then the camera to not reverse too far back. Should end up quite straight.

BTW, at servicing, you CAN ask them to dial down the sensitivity of the auto-lights; and slow down the speed of the auto-wipers. They may tell you it can't be done, but it CAN. I've got it done.

• Praise 2

Subaru is not going to sell a car that will rust in one year. No one does that anymore. There is absolutely no need to apply anti rust coating on the undercarriage. Come one, the car can go off road in streams and mud. Take what the service guys say with a big pinch of salt. He's just selling things you don't need.

Rear camera is physically placed slightly off centre, that's why it can't be changed. The centre is taken up by the boot switch. Just use the very big side mirrors, then the camera to not reverse too far back. Should end up quite straight.

BTW, at servicing, you CAN ask them to dial down the sensitivity of the auto-lights; and slow down the speed of the auto-wipers. They may tell you it can't be done, but it CAN. I've got it done.

Noted your useful tip in the last paragraph. Tks! Will ask them to do it at the first servicing.

Hypersonic

Noted your useful tip in the last paragraph. Tks! Will ask them to do it at the first servicing.

Yah, good information about changing the sensitivity of the auto light.

For the benefit of Forester NA (non-turbo) owners who are looking for future replacement of 225/60R17 car tyres, there is Continental ContiMax MC5 that is available across the Causeway (besides Bridgestones, Yokohama, Korean brands .....). This follows the launch of locally assembled Forester for the Malaysian car market in April 2016 (paultan.org).

After following this thread for so long, finally I decided to jump-in and contribute to the forum.

• Dislike 1

[[[For those who are into modding their cars, check out eBay, Japanparts.com and subispeed. Lots of parts which are not available here and sometimes much cheaper. For eg, I got the original Subaru rear bumper cargo step cover for S$110 including shipping from eBay. MI sells it for $210 and it comes with "SUBARU" words which I rather not have. The overseas version doesn't have the embossed words.]]]

Are you referring to the black rubber thing that rest on the top of the rear bumper? I am looking for the one that has the words "Forester" on it.

Any leads?

I installed the rubber cargo step with the words "Forester" at MI, during my 1k servicing.

With labour, ard 240ish or so... If cash and carry, 40 bucks cheaper. 

For the benefit of Forester NA (non-turbo) owners who are looking for future replacement of 225/60R17 car tyres, there is Continental ContiMax MC5 that is available across the Causeway (besides Bridgestones, Yokohama, Korean brands .....). This follows the launch of locally assembled Forester for the Malaysian car market in April 2016 (paultan.org).

After following this thread for so long, finally I decided to jump-in and contribute to the forum.

Thanks for the info. Was also wondering if NA tire size a bit odd, a whether a wide selection available locally.

Yeah, in the end, we didn't go for anti-rust coz he said can prolong it for only 1 more year. Haha...

But for the cam, I understand now that it shows a bit of the boot since it's mounted at the side instead of right in the middle of the car. But even the lines are not aligned. Lines meaning the corner lines in red and yellow. I thought that is something Subaru should have taken into account when manufacturing it. After all, some other continental cars don't have this prob.

Yeah, in the end, we didn't go for anti-rust coz he said can prolong it for only 1 more year. Haha...

But for the cam, I understand now that it shows a bit of the boot since it's mounted at the side instead of right in the middle of the car. But even the lines are not aligned. Lines meaning the corner lines in red and yellow. I thought that is something Subaru should have taken into account when manufacturing it. After all, some other continental cars don't have this prob.

The camera must be installed locally and not factory installed? That should explain the ultra low omv given the specs.

↡ Advertisement