2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I thought that is something Subaru should have taken into account when manufacturing it. After all, some other continental cars don't have this prob.

There is a reason that the OMV for the Forester is so low and that is because MI fit many of the bells and whistles on the car after its imported, meaning that the reversing camera is a generic "off the shelf" product and not an original Subaru part...

Anyone else notice how the rear number plate slaps up and down when you shut the tailgate. Very shonky installation... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There is a reason that the OMV for the Forester is so low and that is because MI fit many of the bells and whistles on the car after its imported, meaning that the reversing camera is a generic "off the shelf" product and not an original Subaru part...

Anyone else notice how the rear number plate slaps up and down when you shut the tailgate. Very shonky installation... 

maybe yours is a bit loose?  if it's not loose, it could be due to the limited number of mounting holes.  I will go check mine later. 

one way to prevent the rattling is to use felt stickers on the back of the licence plate holder so that the mounting is tight and firm 

Yea many of the "premium" equipment are fitted locally. But most of the stuff are still original subaru parts though. The reverse camera for one is subaru.. I remember also seeing XTs being delivered to Tpy without the xt rims fitted.

maybe yours is a bit loose?  if it's not loose, it could be due to the limited number of mounting holes.  I will go check mine later. 

one way to prevent the rattling is to use felt stickers on the back of the licence plate holder so that the mounting is tight and firm 

Yes, due to only 2 mounting holes.

Good idea to use felt or perhaps 3M double-sided tape

• Praise 1

Different authorized dealers...different strategy. MI and Tan Chong, I believe have a lot of work to do before they can deliver to customer. e.g. leather seats, stereo.. parking sensors.. etc.

So you can say, MI is "helping" you keep the car affordable by not allowing additional taxes to be slapped on unnecessary items.

But then leh... MI also not stupid.. the car more popular.. the price also goes up... along with the profits. heh heh heh

• Praise 2

I think yours is a bit loose, mine is not shaky.

Ok la, keep the cost low is better. I want value for money...

I think yours is a bit loose, mine is not shaky.

Ok la, keep the cost low is better. I want value for money...

Hmm. Ok interesting.

Assumed they were all the same but I will take a closer look. tks

(edited)

Different authorized dealers...different strategy. MI and Tan Chong, I believe have a lot of work to do before they can deliver to customer. e.g. leather seats, stereo.. parking sensors.. etc.

So you can say, MI is "helping" you keep the car affordable by not allowing additional taxes to be slapped on unnecessary items.

But then leh... MI also not stupid.. the car more popular.. the price also goes up... along with the profits. heh heh heh

Yah man, waiting for the price to drop....it went up instead...... :(

This xt test drive only tio addicted :)

Edited by GoodCar
  • Praise 3

Just checked my rear licence plate. There are 2 screws which hold down the frame but MI also used doublesided foam tape to stick the left and right sides of frame backing to the boot lid.

My right side has detached slightly and a bit "flappy". Looks like the doublesided they used is quite lousy. Will DIY replace with 3M heavy duty tape later on

Turbocharged

Drill two more holes... Done
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Just checked my rear licence plate. There are 2 screws which hold down the frame but MI also used doublesided foam tape to stick the left and right sides of frame backing to the boot lid.

My right side has detached slightly and a bit "flappy". Looks like the doublesided they used is quite lousy. Will DIY replace with 3M heavy duty tape later on

my old frosty also had this issue. I put some foam-type double sided tape in the middle of the plate holder (where it flexes the most), which stopped the noise. Need those tape meant for outdoor use, as it will get wet.

• Praise 1

Was collecting today and concluded white should be the most popular Colour... It might be a bit of self deceiving but driving the FXT feels like driving the XC60 or X3... Solid built... Very good pick up even in I mode... Tried S# and figure better stay on I unless need to overtake

The 2 remote access key can also store another 2 same or different memory position for the driver seat.

So in total can have 4 position.

When enter the car with the remote access, seat will auto adjust to the position saved on the key.

If have others position save on the memory button, can press on the button to change again.

How to save seat position with the fob?

Hypersonic

How to save seat position with the fob?

Your SE never showed you?

To save it, you need to off the engine.

Press and hold the memory button. At the same time, press the center button ln your key fob. You should hear a beep sound, the seat position is save to the fob.

The next time when you open the car door, the seat will auto move to the position save on the fob.

So theoretical, you can save 2 position ln the car memory button.

2 on the key fob.

Press and hold the memory button. At the same time, press the center button ln your key fob. You should hear a beep sound, the seat position is save to the fob.

The next time when you open the car door, the seat will auto move to the position save on the fob.

2 on the key fob.

It doesn't memorize positions of side mirrors.

2 on the key fob.

Noted with thanks.

(edited)

Legacy and Outback are named. Is Forester affected?

post-7984-0-47783500-1463196574_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement