2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I though minimum 92, Recommended 95

Not for the XT. It's in the manual and also on the fuel door.

No issues if use 95, just that if the knock sensors senses any knocking from the engine from a lower octane fuel, it will reduce the power output to negotiate the knocking. Won't harm the engine...but negates the point of the XT's wonderful engine.

• Praise 1

Just signed for XT because of the promo.

May i know what was the promo for this weekend? Mind sharing what is the final discount for the FXT? Thanks.

(edited)

LOL ! this is a good one!

BTW. Anyone do the manual calculation on fuel consumption?

(litre to full tank)/(previous milage)=x

eg. 40Litre / 400km(on trip A) = 10KM/L

because on Japan Subaru site it show 16km/L for the 2.0i-P(non-turbo).

thanks!

Just did my first tank on my XT. Based on 525 km I did about 10 km per litre. Was not babying. ... tried turbo etc.

The NA has lighter and more aerodynamic wheels.

Edited by Slowcat

Just for fun: any bro/sis here with a white forester...how do you wash/maintain the car? By yourself or petrol kiosks? Frequency?

Just did my first tank on my XT. Based on 525 km I did about 10 km per litre. Was not babying. ... tried turbo etc.

The NA has lighter and more aerodynamic wheels.

That's prob the best I heard so far. 10km/litre is better than my NA ride. I get about 8.5km average, never beyond 9. I guessed the CVT really helps.

Hi All , may I know the min Ron for the new 2.0 XT?

Because I used to drive up to Thailand and further, might not always be able to find Ron 98 in the very rural areas.

safe to drive and pump petrol in Thailand because the FXT is also sold there. As I see from the website, same spec as Singapore.

That's prob the best I heard so far. 10km/litre is better than my NA ride. I get about 8.5km average, never beyond 9. I guessed the CVT really helps.

FC depends largely on your driving style and routes. I travel mostly on highways with occasional sprints to overtake traffic. First tank: 10.5km/L, 2nd tank: 11km/L.

(edited)

Thanks Jamesgetz and I will shop for it online. Care to pm me the link on the side cargo nets?

Example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-2015-Subaru-Forester-Rear-Cargo-Area-Side-Cargo-Nets-OEM-/391193440692?hash=item5b14f231b4:g:bPQAAOSwDNdVhMJy&vxp=mtr

Try searching for "forester 2014 trunk side cargo nets OEM". Search on www.ebay.com instead of www.ebay.com.sg to get more results. Besides comparing the item price, remember to look at the shipping cost too. Amazon also has it too.

The original Subaru rear bumper plastic cover (called "rear bumper cargo step") is also very cheap overseas on eBay. It's an original Subaru part but doesn't have the "Forester" word on it which MI sells. Including shipping, it's half the price of what MI charging. The original Subaru trunk cargo tray is also much cheaper on eBay than MI

Can also find original STI gear knob shifter and accelerator/brake pedals on eBay too.

Edited by Jamesgetz
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Just for fun: any bro/sis here with a white forester...how do you wash/maintain the car? By yourself or petrol kiosks? Frequency?

PPS is a must for white colour.

Car is less dirty after driving in the rain and is more easy to wash.

Edited by Tohto

(edited)

Hi Guys,

Is it a must to stick to MI for all Servicing for the next 5 years ?

If so how much do they charge per service for minor/major Servicing ?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Thesecondnoel

Neutral Newbie

Going for my 1st servicing this week. Trying to make a list of "To Note" from what I have read from the recent feedback. Please help to add on!

1. sensitivity of auto light - dimmer

2. Speed of auto-sensing wiper - slow down

3. Top up for anti rust under carriage coating - not necc

4. Alignment of rear camera - check if it is possible

5. Any more??

Any others that I shd be aware of, especially relating to engine oil or anything that will boost up the performance? Good to highlight if its is specifically for NA or XT coz hope it can help others too.

Any good tips to share in dealing with the pro servicing team (esp in cases of spending more/unnecessary $) will be extra helpful!

Thanks in advance, bros!

(edited)

Going for my 1st servicing this week. Trying to make a list of "To Note" from what I have read from the recent feedback. Please help to add on!

1. sensitivity of auto light - dimmer

2. Speed of auto-sensing wiper - slow down

3. Top up for anti rust under carriage coating - not necc

4. Alignment of rear camera - check if it is possible

5. Any more??

Any others that I shd be aware of, especially relating to engine oil or anything that will boost up the performance? Good to highlight if its is specifically for NA or XT coz hope it can help others too.

Any good tips to share in dealing with the pro servicing team (esp in cases of spending more/unnecessary $) will be extra helpful!

Thanks in advance, bros!

You can DIY adjust the speed of the auto sensing wiping interval by rotating the the dial of your wiper stalk.

See the link and flip to the next page

https://www.joomag.com/magazine/subaru-forester-manuals-2014-forester-owners-manual/0921220001386912047?page=448

Edited by Jamesgetz

(edited)

Hi Guys,

Is it a must to stick to MI for all Servicing for the next 5 years ?

If so how much do they charge per service for minor/major Servicing ?

Thanks in advance !

$ charged for each individual servicing session if pay per session - see pg 2 of http://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/owners/aftersales/media/service_packages/service_maintenance.pdf

$ charged if you buy 2yr/40,000km whichever-come-first bundle which can cater for 4 to 5 servicing sessions? - see pg 2 of http://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/owners/aftersales/media/service_packages/preventive_service.pdf

In case above links get outdated, the most up-to-date prices should be able to find here http://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/owners/aftersales/?pg=packages

Remember to use your DUO points to help pay for part of the servicing - otherwise, you waste the points when they expire.  Should be able to get more than $200 worth of servicing voucher https://www.duo.com.sg/car-servicing.aspx

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

For me, Initial 3 years, wash,clay + wax every weekend, then slow down liao.. to maybe once a month

No PPS ever done on all my cars (all white). White is color that doesn't show dirt easily... as compared to black or dark color cars.