2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)

May I know if the existing 3A and Carpet mats that come with the car wear out, where do we get ones that fit the shape of the FXT? Are they readily avialable and what are their costs?

Reason for asking is there is a group buy for 3D mats at $290, wonder whether to get.

Edited by Rachdanom
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

May I know if the existing 3A and Carpet mats that come with the car wear out, where do we get ones that fit the shape of the FXT? Are they readily available and what are their costs?

Reason for asking is there is a group buy for 3D mats at $290, wonder whether to get.

3A car mats can get easily for about 50 to 70 bucks excluding the boot one. The seller will cut it to fit our rides before delivery to you. Can find sellers on Carousell easily.

I saw the 3d mats on the Facebook. Not sure what it is though. Anyone can advise?

Just realised this thread has reached 300 pages! Woo hoo!

Edited by Swaku
  • Praise 1

(edited)

3A car mats can get easily for about 50 to 70 bucks excluding the boot one. The seller will cut it to fit our rides before delivery to you. Can find sellers on Carousell easily.

I saw the 3d mats on the Facebook. Not sure what it is though. Anyone can advise?

Just realised this thread has reached 300 pages! Woo hoo!

Oh then maybe will just stick to the cut 3A ones. You google 3D u can find info on sgcarmart. Think they use 3D printing technology or something to make the mat perfectly suit your car, and it looks like it covers more and higher so its almost like a tray. Edited by Rachdanom
  • Praise 1

Er, dun remind me, can [bigcry] At least got difference. And it was bugging me more than everything else cuz I'm actually kind of okay with my stock door soundproofing. Of course, what I can't say is the difference each individual layer makes, but I'm still happy.

Which layer have you already done?

MI does it in this order:

1) Sound dampening (confirmed to be Clasani CS 8833), which is a smooth coating

2) Anti-rust (confirmed to be Clasani CS 705), which is a rough coating

3) Undercarriage protector (probably Clasani CS 706 though I still don't know; I intend to find out at some point)

So if you've already done anti-rust, I would assume you can't do it in MI's order anymore. Though there's nothing to say that MI's way is the only correct order. It does make sense though. CS 705 is described by local vendor Tonita (no idea if MI sources from them; just linked to them for info) as a sealant, so it makes sense to do CS 8833 first, then seal it in with CS 705.

Door soundproofing won't help much with road noise, so it sounds like the undercarriage Clasani sound dampening (CS 8833; see above) is what you're after... unless you want to be siao kiasu like me and do the full undercarriage works.

Duo points redemption is complicated (you have to consider minimum spending, etc), so you'll have to either work it out yourself by referring to the Duo website, or ask MI to help you.

Holy shit. I just check the sticker on the boot again and it says anti rust... Zzzzz. I got the wrong one. Wanted sound dampening actually. Oh well, it's good enough for me already. Lol

After hearing you guys got good results with the Clasani sound dampening, my backside getting itchy too.

Got a few questions to ask. I already find my FL XT quite quiet on the move but some roads can be quite noisy still. Would just the Clasani Sound Dampening help in reducing road noise or do I still need SP for the 4 doors?

How much is the Clasani Sound Dampening service if we can offset by DUO points? Thanks.

Dun worry bro. For some very rough patches of road, even a BMW is noisy as hell, not to say out fxt.
  • Praise 1

Holy shit. I just check the sticker on the boot again and it says anti rust... Zzzzz. I got the wrong one. Wanted sound dampening actually. Oh well, it's good enough for me already. Lol

Don't worry, bro, the anti-rust layer should also dampen sound, as you've already experienced, so it's all good.

• Praise 1

Don't worry, bro, the anti-rust layer should also dampen sound, as you've already experienced, so it's all good.

Ya la. But I actually wanted more. Haa greed is evil. Must learn to be contented. Occasionally need to take friends' cars.

The ang mohs dun care much about the badge. But this is Singapore. Badge rules.

It's interesting that the pricing difference is only about 7% in Australia but is a massive 45% in Singapore (using the sDrive20i).

Not sure if it's the same Forester version in Singapore. If it is, its a huge badge arbitrage.

Whichever way you cut it, I think you folks made an excellent choice with the Forester.

Bro can share is there any switch for the autofolding side mirror?

What is the damage?

Driving the xt for a month still cant get used to manually fold/unfold the side mirror :secret-laugh:

$70 for side mirror auto folding

Hypersonic

It's interesting that the pricing difference is only about 7% in Australia but is a massive 45% in Singapore (using the sDrive20i).

Not sure if it's the same Forester version in Singapore. If it is, its a huge badge arbitrage.

Whichever way you cut it, I think you folks made an excellent choice with the Forester.

The Aussie FXT should have slightly more safety features, like the eyesight.

Good to have features for them, like heat seat.

Engine spec should be should as here.

Not only in Aussie, in most others country. The FXT are selling at a premium compared to others Japanese counterpart SUV.

Hi guys,

I collected my 2016 XT in April, want to check with you if you encounter this problem with the aircon? How come the outside air (and exhaust fumes)  keeps coming into the car? I turn on the internal air circulation button, but it auto switches off after a while and outside air starts coming in again. 

Anyone else encounter this?

Hypersonic

Hi guys,

I collected my 2016 XT in April, want to check with you if you encounter this problem with the aircon? How come the outside air (and exhaust fumes)  keeps coming into the car? I turn on the internal air circulation button, but it auto switches off after a while and outside air starts coming in again. 

This had been discuss so many times here.

It is the conti setup of the aircon, similar to many conti car.

The only way to prevent this is to set your aircon to 22deg and below or don't use full auto mode.

Before you press the ON button, press the Re-circulation button. Then manual rotate the aircon fan speed to the speed you want. The aircon will still auto regulate the set temp, but will not auto adjust the fan speed.

Hi guys,

they scared u test suspension until die inside

The Aussie FXT should have slightly more safety features, like the eyesight.

Good to have features for them, like heat seat.

Engine spec should be should as here.

Not only in Aussie, in most others country. The FXT are selling at a premium compared to others Japanese counterpart SUV.

Yup. Only in spore we can get forester at a 'cheap' deal. But due to the low omv declared by MI, it has a lower selling price and will have a poorer resale value. Many were initially skeptical of the Subaru brand too. A forester here cost about the same as the new Honda Civic 1.5T which has a higher omv. Most ppl will wack the civic :)
↡ Advertisement