2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Just a couple of things:

When you say you are getting 10 - 11 km/l is it based on what is showing on the car (converted from the readout which is litres per 100km) or you manually calculate? Reason I am asking is that I found that based on the readout, for the last full tank, I should be getting about 10 km/l, but when manually calculate, it is closer to 9 km/l/.

On how much you petrol left in the tank, like most Jap cars, when the light comes on, you will have about 10 litres left in the tank. 

Mine most of the time trip computer showing 10L/100km, manually calculate is always around 8.8km/L. Seems like trip computer not so accurate.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

What I was trying to say was that using manual calculation of FC will also include the fuel consumed when the engine is left idling at traffic stops, ... etc, which means the car travelled zero km with fuel consumed. This will bring down the overall FC of the car.

It does not accurately measure the true FC of the car when it is driven.

I think the the trip computer also calc FC if car idling and not moving. Fuel injected cars is able to meter the fuel needed to be sprayed in engine therefore able to measure total fuel used then divided by the distance covered. I remember idling the car for very long and move just a bit to park the car, FC was 99.9L/100km. Just some how there is inaccuracy in the measurement, be it the fuel used or distance.

Did 1k service today at TPY.

Engine oil changed, 5W-30 (as on invoice)

Auto fold Mirror S$160.50(With GST). Use 25000 DUO point for ($100 Voucher) and top up $60.50.

Booking at 09:30.

Arrived at 08:30,

Got Queue no.19.

Collected car at 03:30PM.

Wtf MI still do not have fast lane servicing?

8.30 go in, 3.30 then can collect -.- oil change is just an hour job!

Luckily I saw this, think I will really consider hard again LOL

• Praise 1

I've been driving the pre-FL FXT for a year now. Thinking of doing some "upgrades". Wondering if anyone has done the following:

1) Auto-locking when moving off

2) Auto-fold mirror when engine off or when locking the car

3) Improving the radio reception

4) Upgrading the sound system

5) Installing sound proof to the doors

Appreciate your feedback and recommendations. 

Thanks

• Praise 1

yah lor. even I ask just to change oil and filter and no need car wash and vacuum. since it's a 1K servicing. Still the Service Manger said, "after 3pm". because that day too many car for servicing [:(].

My previous car after warranty over, service at work shop only 30mins to change oil with all the... battery and etc check done( and I was at his side when he servicing the car", then stay around to chit chat for another 30min. So may be take an hour or more.

If can find a regular workshop that is reliable, you will save a lot of time. But that is after the warranty over by AD la.

In my humble opinion, regular workshop(that you regular) can give better advice on what is wear out and what is still OK better than the AD.

MI is a big company, you don't even get to see/speak to the person that checking and servicing your car, want to ask more question also pai seh. AD only follow book on what to change at what millage/time frame (Even the parts is still good). [;)]

How ever ahbui8, Forester is a good car(I love it).

No choice if you want the warranty, you have to waste time for servicing. unless your forgo the warranty.

Sorry noob here. How u get the duo points?

• Praise 1

Sorry noob here. How u get the duo points?

First you need to sign up for it. It is free.

If you have already signed up, the points should be credited when they register the vehicle. Other spending may also be awarded point. You should request your SE should assist you so that you will earn points for your vehicle purchase. 

• Praise 1

everybody is in the fast lane la.. so many foresters in the market...but usully can collect around 1230... I collected mine at 1130.. send in 8

Edited by BenTong

I would like to retrofit on my 2016 FL FNA a louder horn, like a Hella Supertone or Twin Tone. Can this be done without adding a relay? (i.e. the current setup already has a relay).

Anyone replaced theirs and have recommendations? Thanks.

Installing a bigger horn without relay is like installing a softer horn... Go google why relay is needed or not

I've been driving the pre-FL FXT for a year now. Thinking of doing some "upgrades". Wondering if anyone has done the following:

1) Auto-locking when moving off

2) Auto-fold mirror when engine off or when locking the car

3) Improving the radio reception

4) Upgrading the sound system

5) Installing sound proof to the doors

Appreciate your feedback and recommendations.

Thanks

Item 1&2 can be done for $150 at Class Auto UBi I think.

Item 3... Use internet radio Bec none can't be done

Item 4.. Can just prepare $$3k minimum

Item 5 can.. Around $150-$250 per door depending on material

• Praise 1

Usually I send in the car at 8:30am. Normal servicing I can get the car back at 11am+. Once I included the installation of auto-fold mirrors, I got the car back at 12noon.

I think it depends a lot on luck too, whether there are many cars for servicing that day.

Edited by razor54

everybody is in the fast lane la.. so many foresters in the market...but usully can collect around 1230... I collected mine at 1130.. send in 8

Send in 8 and collect 11.30 more worse than send in 8 collect at 3.30 cos 3.5 hr staying ard MI to wait is too long but go back office or home, time too short, so is half fck :p

Installing a bigger horn without relay is like installing a softer horn... Go google why relay is needed or not

The purpose of the relay is to protect the horn switch and wiring if one is installing a horn that draws a higher current. My query was whether there is an existing relay in the Forester already which eliminate the need to add another one. From Tohto's answer, I had concluded that this is the case - i.e. the Forester already has the relay for the existing (original) setup.

Would appreciate to know if this my assumption was wrong.  Thanks.

Send in 8 and collect 11.30 more worse than send in 8 collect at 3.30 cos 3.5 hr staying ard MI to wait is too long but go back office or home, time too short, so is half fck :p

You are hard to please.. true..but then Toa Payoh got lots of Makan places..

The purpose of the relay is to protect the horn switch and wiring if one is installing a horn that draws a higher current. My query was whether there is an existing relay in the Forester already which eliminate the need to add another one. From Tohto's answer, I had concluded that this is the case - i.e. the Forester already has the relay for the existing (original) setup.

Would appreciate to know if this my assumption was wrong. Thanks.

Michael +65 9889 8161 sells Red/yellow hella at good rate cash & carry

I think the the trip computer also calc FC if car idling and not moving. Fuel injected cars is able to meter the fuel needed to be sprayed in engine therefore able to measure total fuel used then divided by the distance covered. I remember idling the car for very long and move just a bit to park the car, FC was 99.9L/100km. Just some how there is inaccuracy in the measurement, be it the fuel used or distance.

This is my FNA reading today from day 1 I collected my ride. 

Initial average was 10.4 litre per 100 km and after two months it slowly drop to 10 litre per 100 km.

by manual calculation

post-178830-0-65172400-1474964745_thumb.jpg

This is my FNA reading today from day 1 I collected my ride.

Initial average was 10.4 litre per 100 km and after two months it slowly drop to 10 litre per 100 km.

by manual calculation

Ok that's gd... ur fc has improved...

Just heard from a fren that a SE called him to say good time to buy Forrester XT...Se quoted him price with trade in at 122,800. Anyone heard or got offer recently?? Why sudden price drop...fishy.

They are luring customer in.. in prediction COE will drop... but then again... could be ready stock available so they want to quick clear... which is good. Thats when i got my FXT too.

↡ Advertisement