2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi,

Thanks for the sharing.

There is no ALS function in my HU system.

Mine only have Bass/Mid/Treble sound settings.

The ASL may not be the cause of your problem but you should have this as yours is the FL model.

The ASL is found in the sound settings screen and not in audio setting. This is a little confusing. To access this screen do the following:

Press the panel button HOME

Select on he touch panel SETTINGS

Select  on the touch panel Audio

You will see the display below: You will need to scroll down the page in the display to see the ASL control.

post-177379-0-26202900-1475399432.jpg

Hope this helps.

Turbocharged

FNA or FXT?

% City / % Highway Driving?

This was my 3rd FC post. FXT, 70urban 30highway Edited by Pocus

My latest realistic FC.

438km for 51l. Do your math...

FXT.

460km 52L. 80% Urban - 20% Highway.

540km 51L. 30% Urban - 70% Highway.

• Praise 1

Just collected FNA yesterday. Everything is ok but the HU is lousy. The bass is suck. Read somewhere can add sub woofer in MI. Anyone know the cost and Where will they install the subwoofer?

Couldn't agree more that the bass is almost non existence on the FNA. During my 1k servicing, consulted the MI advisor on installing an underseat subwoofer but they did not carry and he advised better not to as he had heard it messing up with the car's electronic. Dunno how true.

You may want to try adjusting the equalizer. All presets sucks as well so I adjust my own to get a better bass. After that, i think the bass is now acceptable. Try to do a V kind of equalizer, sound better for bass.

FC so far ranging around 9km/l with 10-20% highway. It's almost the same as my ex 1.6l car so I have totally no complains.

Other than that, I must say I love the car, can't wait to drive it every morning.

Couldn't agree more that the bass is almost non existence on the FNA. During my 1k servicing, consulted the MI advisor on installing an underseat subwoofer but they did not carry and he advised better not to as he had heard it messing up with the car's electronic. Dunno how true.

You may want to try adjusting the equalizer. All presets sucks as well so I adjust my own to get a better bass. After that, i think the bass is now acceptable. Try to do a V kind of equalizer, sound better for bass.

FC so far ranging around 9km/l with 10-20% highway. It's almost the same as my ex 1.6l car so I have totally no complains.

Other than that, I must say I love the car, can't wait to drive it every morning.

That's the same answer given by the SE. Better not ice cos it messes up with car's electronics.

Then again, come to think of it... will they tell u to go ahead to zhng ur car? Haha

Hi guys,

This is probably a stupid question but I really can't figure out how to open the boot on my 2016 XT from the outside? 

From the driver seat if I press the button it opens up by motor. But if the car is locked and I am outside, I can't figure out how to open it with motor.  

Whether I unlock the car first or not, the boot does not open when I press the "rubber" button under the logo. I have to manually pull it open with my hands, and if I don't do it quickly it locks back up. 

Hi guys,

This is probably a stupid question but I really can't figure out how to open the boot on my 2016 XT from the outside?

From the driver seat if I press the button it opens up by motor. But if the car is locked and I am outside, I can't figure out how to open it with motor.

Whether I unlock the car first or not, the boot does not open when I press the "rubber" button under the logo. I have to manually pull it open with my hands, and if I don't do it quickly it locks back up.

The rubber button somewhere above the center of your rear number plate is correct. Short press and let go. Press more than 2 seconds and it unlatches and goes into manual mode. If you don't pull up manually, it locks up again.

So, to use the auto tailgate, just quick press and release. It will work, regardless if the car is locked or unlocked.

Was in Leng Kee this morning for 5K servicing.

It was packed with Subaru SUV.... FNA / FXT and Outback waiting for servicing or collection.

Send in early morning and advise collection only possible late afternoon.

Is getting common to see FXT or FNA on the road these day now..

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

There are 2 buttons at the handle. The bigger one is at the middle part and you just press once like pressing for lift it will open automatically. If you press and hold it will be like a manual switch and you need to manually lift it up. The rubber oval button at the side is for locking the car. Edited by Pocus

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the advice. Btw anyone change the stock speaker? I think this might also the culprit.....

Neutral Newbie

The ASL may not be the cause of your problem but you should have this as yours is the FL model.

The ASL is found in the sound settings screen and not in audio setting. This is a little confusing. To access this screen do the following:

Press the panel button HOME

Select on he touch panel SETTINGS

Select  on the touch panel Audio

You will see the display below: You will need to scroll down the page in the display to see the ASL control.

attachicon.gifasl.jpg

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the sharing.

I tried per your recommendations.

The 2nd page for option 6 is not available in my system.

Thank you.

FXT.

460km 52L. 80% Urban - 20% Highway.

540km 51L. 30% Urban - 70% Highway.

this figures looks reasonable for a 2L 4WD TC car i must say... 

Turbocharged

Hi,

Thanks for the sharing.

I tried per your recommendations.

The 2nd page for option 6 is not available in my system.

Thank you.

Something weird might be up with your infotainment system. Suggest you ask MI to see if your software is wrong.

↡ Advertisement