2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Best time to go in is when prices drop, not a COE drop. Then get a guaranteed COE.

IMHO this is a wise strategy in current market. Booked mine G COE immediately after Cat B $38K.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

IMHO this is a wise strategy in current market. Booked mine G COE immediately after Cat B $38K.

Haha. Same, I got mine car when COE hit $38k, but none guarantee.

Still got my COE at 4th bid at $47k.

• Praise 1

Seems to me motorshow might be no good.

Coe is still climbing before show, consumer might take a step back and wait for coe to cool down a bit

Motorshow got promo like $2,000 petrol vouchers, why no good?

How you see COE will cool down?

• Praise 1

Just to let you guys know, I installed Malsingmaps into the Garmin Unit under the passenger seat. You just access the unit (it is velcroed) under the passenger seat, flip the unit open (it may have a tape holding it down) and take out the SD card. You download the latest files from malsingmaps.com and put them into the appropriate directories. You have to rename gmapsupp.img to gmapsup1.img as the sd card already has it. Put the junction view (JCV) and POI files into the appropriate directories. Just fire up the GPS and they are there. I found the map they provided quite lacking in finding my favourite places. The unit is labled GVN60 Subaru so it looks like a custom buid for Subaru made by Kenwood.

• Praise 3

Haha. Same, I got mine car when COE hit $38k, but none guarantee.

Still got my COE at 4th bid at $47k.

Cheers! My G negotiated without paying extra ..... LOL. 1st bid successful.
  • Praise 1

Any bro upgraded the brakes and muffler?

Can share with me more on that?

Where to get it done how is the driving experience.

I am also thinking of doing a remote start. Anyone did that also? Please share with me.

Many thanks.

I did not paid extra even COE went up almost $10k.

Thanks all for the information on this forum.

Helped me to decide on booking my FXT. Was priced on the high side (listed as 130,800).

Came with the GPS and 2ch car camera.

However, wasn't sure if COE will be coming down in the next few months, so just decided to go for it.

Could I get added to the facebook group?

Btw, how much did the cargo tray for the forester cost at MI?

Tray is slightly over $200. I used $200 DUO voucher and that settled it with no top up.

Any bro upgraded the brakes and muffler?

Can share with me more on that?

Where to get it done how is the driving experience.

I am also thinking of doing a remote start. Anyone did that also? Please share with me.

Many thanks.

I saw some posts in fb tat fxt owners go find lta legal invidia exos.. can search dynotechnica. For bbk, too many brands(taiwan manufactured mostly) go to 1 which provides good aftersales. Brembo all these abit over-rated n ex

Both you and Tohto indeed got it at the best timing! Plus its the Facelift version! I was at that time just started looking around.... was actually waiting for civic but when see the new civic and the price point same as fxt... straight away went for the fxt... it is all about timing... 

I saw some posts in fb tat fxt owners go find lta legal invidia exos.. can search dynotechnica. For bbk, too many brands(taiwan manufactured mostly) go to 1 which provides good aftersales. Brembo all these abit over-rated n ex

With the proliferation of Chinese-made big brake kits, I would even more so opt for properly sourced brakes such as AP, Brembos, or such. Either that, or stay stock and upgrade the brake pads only.

I'm not trusting my life to some cheap brakes that look good but may fail me when the need arises.

• Praise 3

Define how brembo is overrated please.

Same situation as mine. Was still considering the FXT after 2 test-drives, so SE said will throw in G COE at no extra cost. Got it in 2nd bid at much higher COE than the $38k booked. It's just lucky timing...and it's the facelifted version. Lowest price for FXT in history I think.
  • Praise 2

For bbk, too many brands(taiwan manufactured mostly) go to 1 which provides good aftersales. Brembo all these abit over-rated n ex

sure those chinese and taiwanese brakes are cheaper and all fun and games until you have to replace the rotors and/or change the piston seals..... my buddy was sourcing high and low for the piston seal rebuild kit.... the original distributor of the brakes no longer in business, he even wrote in to the taiwanese manufacturer and they told him they already discontinued that model and ask him to go pound sand.....

now on his new car he is rocking genuine AP Racing Radical 6 potters.....  either you go big or you go home

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Sure hope SGC8401A isn't any one of you here - you've been caught on candid camera!

https://www.facebook.com/lewis.loh.1/videos/10154077579627797/

https://www.facebook.com/lewis.loh.1/videos/10154077612797797/

With the power comes responsibility...... you better have a good excuse when the cops come calling......

Where got excuse? Beat red light and cut double white. Lucky the guy crossing the road pulled back. Else maybe also culpable homicide. Ha!

Ya define why brembo is over rated. And what brake kits in your opinion are not over rated?

With the proliferation of Chinese-made big brake kits, I would even more so opt for properly sourced brakes such as AP, Brembos, or such. Either that, or stay stock and upgrade the brake pads only.

I'm not trusting my life to some cheap brakes that look good but may fail me when the need arises.

Compatibility (can fit your car) is only the most basic criterion.

Good engineering is based on R&D, not whether or not it would look cool to mix slots and cross-drilled holes in a brake rotor. Impressive spec lists won't stop your car.

And, most importantly, there's track record. Has a particular caliper and/rotor design proven to perform safely and reliably over years and a variety of usage scenarios? When it comes to trusting your life and the life of your family to a piece of equipment, being assured that it will physically fit your car just isn't enough.

↡ Advertisement