2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Neutral Newbie

Would you consider Forester non- turbo generally a low maintenance, trouble-free car? I like the car for its space, safety & drive but I do not know much about cars and want a trouble-free car that I can just send back to Motor Image for regular servicing.

I had DR350G last time. For a piece of mind, I just plug out the power cable on the camera side just in case it drain when I travel overseas for long period. I would recommend you do the same for a piece of mind esp if you are not recording anyway.

Hi 

Need Pro advise as will be going away for business trip (10 days). Currently I am using blackvue DR430-2CH

(without the parking mode function). Do I have to worry the battery will drain out?  Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Thank you Protege. 

I had DR350G last time. For a piece of mind, I just plug out the power cable on the camera side just in case it drain when I travel overseas for long period. I would recommend you do the same for a piece of mind esp if you are not recording anyway.

Hi

Need Pro advise as I will be going away for business trip (10 days). Currently I am using blackvue DR430-2CH

(without the parking mode function). Do I have to worry the battery will drain out? Thanks in advance.

Best to unplug it, especially if your battery is that new, or you don't usually drive enough to fully charge your battery. For convenience, I had a switch installed in my previous car that allows on/off camera. Makes it easy to turn off the recording in some situations.

actually there's little chance of maintaining a constant speed unless you can tolerate following some slow moving vehicles all the way. 

There will be slow downs encountered and then you need to hoot your engine for overtaking, then ease back again. So, your engine is actually working at varying load conditions, which is good.

is it OK to drive up NSHW to Ipoh at ~1000km mark?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Would you consider Forester non- turbo generally a low maintenance, trouble-free car? I like the car for its space, safety & drive but I do not know much about cars and want a trouble-free car that I can just send back to Motor Image for regular servicing.

Subaru in general have a reputation of being hardy cars and able to last a long time esp. In the US.

There, Subaru is regarded like Toyota as being very reliable and long lasting and have a high resale value.

Here Subaru had a reputation as an ah beng car and not so many normal driver interested until now with the SUV craze. So most people don't have idea of what its reliability is like.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

The FNA / FXT is well regarded around the world, used as a workhorse, and when it's time to sell, there will be many takers.

However if you worry about FC, this won't be the car for you.

Otherwise, it's as reliable as a Corolla, and if you want a bit of offroad action, this car will bring a smile to your face.

But you should know that the most talked about thing in this thread is the FC of either model. 

So go in with your eyes open. 

• Praise 2

Mud guard/flap received and fixed with just a few screw.

If you DIY fix the mud flap before the fender, this way made the job of fixing the fender easier. Use the Flap as a guide then stick the fender. I did it the other way round, because the fender arrived first.

Cheers and happy DIY !

Bro thefalcon,

Am interested in the fender n mud guard. U have the link where u made the purchase?Thanks

• Praise 1

Hi guys, i am currently shortlisting 3-4 cars for my next ride.

Forester 2.0i(can consider XT if not so noisy), xv and outlander. maybe outback too.

I am currently driving camry 2.4 and previously an 06 forester.

I haven't test drive any of the cars yet, so can i get your opinion, is 2.0i or XT noisy? my previous forester can hear road noise.

What freebies did you nego for?

you can pm me on the freebies and your SE if you feel uncomfortable sharing in the forum.

Edited by Ashley1108
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, i am currently shortlisting 3-4 cars for my next ride.

Forester 2.0i(can consider XT if not so noisy), xv and outlander. maybe outback too.

I am currently driving camry 2.4 and previously an 06 forester.

I haven't test drive any of the cars yet, so can i get your opinion, is 2.0i or XT noisy? my previous forester can hear road noise.

What freebies did you nego for?

you can pm me on the freebies and your SE if you feel uncomfortable sharing in the forum.

Go test drive and try for yourself. Tolerance to noise is subjective.

I find the FXT to be very refined and quiet and yet fast and responsive.

I like the outlook and space of the Outlander but FC is possibly worse than the FXT.

XV doesn't feel good, interior is not as comfy.

Best to to try all for yourself ;)

Go test drive and try for yourself. Tolerance to noise is subjective.

I find the FXT to be very refined and quiet and yet fast and responsive.

I like the outlook and space of the Outlander but FC is possibly worse than the FXT.

XV doesn't feel good, interior is not as comfy.

Best to to try all for yourself ;)

I also read the XV not fantastic in terms of interior comfort and drive.

Btw can the Forester backseat recline?

Outlander and outback is just part of my consideration. Depend if we intend to expand the family further.

FC is not an issue since i am used to clocking single digit km/L. 

Will test drive sometime in March. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Read about it yesterday.

I personally think, the change will impact mainly Grab and Uber.  They will be excluded in our category of COE in the next bidding

These two companies are the main culprit for our COE increase even with more quota allocated in 2016. 

I also read the XV not fantastic in terms of interior comfort and drive.

Btw can the Forester backseat recline?

Outlander and outback is just part of my consideration. Depend if we intend to expand the family further.

FC is not an issue since i am used to clocking single digit km/L.

Will test drive sometime in March.

Thanks for your feedback.

If u have budget for FXT definitely go for it instead of XV.

But if budget is in the XV QQ Vezel range, then XV interior comfort is on par with QQ and Vezel.

XV drive is better in terms of dynamics but worse in terms of power.

Edited by jg2000
↡ Advertisement