2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

If u have budget for FXT definitely go for it instead of XV.

But if budget is in the XV QQ Vezel range, then XV interior comfort is on par with QQ and Vezel.

XV drive is better in terms of dynamics but worse in terms of power.

What is a QQ?

if you notice my earlier post, my budget is up to outback. And cars i am looking at is 2.0l and above. have stated clearly the 4 cars i shortlisting so vezel and whatever car you just stated is totally off topic.

Kindly keep to the topic before quoting and providing your opinion. 

Posted Today, 12:42 PM

• default_large.png
  • Ashley1108
    2nd Gear

rank4.gif

171   Joined: 26 January 2007   Posts: 185  

Hi guys, i am currently shortlisting 3-4 cars for my next ride.

Forester 2.0i(can consider XT if not so noisy), xv and outlander. maybe outback too.

I am currently driving camry 2.4 and previously an 06 forester.

I haven't test drive any of the cars yet, so can i get your opinion, is 2.0i or XT noisy? my previous forester can hear road noise.

What freebies did you nego for?

you can pm me on the freebies and your SE if you feel uncomfortable sharing in the forum.

Edited by Ashley1108, Today, 12:46 PM.

•  

Edited by Megan_Png
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

What is a QQ?

if you notice my earlier post, my budget is up to outback. And cars i am looking at is 2.0l and above. have stated clearly the 4 cars i shortlisting so vezel and whatever car you just stated is totally off topic.

Kindly keep to the topic before quoting and providing your opinion.

Posted Today, 12:42 PM

• default_large.png
  • Ashley1108

2nd Gear

rank4.gif

171 Joined: 26 January 2007 Posts: 185

Forester 2.0i(can consider XT if not so noisy), xv and outlander. maybe outback too.

I haven't test drive any of the cars yet, so can i get your opinion, is 2.0i or XT noisy? my previous forester can hear road noise.

you can pm me on the freebies and your SE if you feel uncomfortable sharing in the forum.

Edited by Ashley1108, Today, 12:46 PM.

For a newbie u are quite guai lan.

He's just trying to be nice.

So are you Megan or Ashley or Frankie?

Don't use multiple nicks because people who do that usually do so to stir shit.

• Praise 3

Normally I don't think snarky comments are on the cards, but this new member isn't exactly trying very hard to get an opinion ..  [:p]

Maybe "he" thinks the female nick will get a better response  [gorgeous]

In any case, 'he' is a Subaru supporter, but the various cars are quite different, apart from being Subarus. So the best suggestion I can think of, is to try them and see which fits.

And let's forget about giving further suggestions, since 'he' explicitly refuses to consider other models. In any case, IMO, the FXT represents very solid VFM, and apart from being thirsty, it's a car you will drive with little fuss. A Corolla for the outdoorsy person :)

Isn't it using multiple nicks? Mod to regulate.
  • Praise 2

Normally I don't think snarky comments are on the cards, but this new member isn't exactly trying very hard to get an opinion .. [:p]

Maybe "he" thinks the female nick will get a better response [gorgeous]

In any case, 'he' is a Subaru supporter, but the various cars are quite different, apart from being Subarus. So the best suggestion I can think of, is to try them and see which fits.

And let's forget about giving further suggestions, since 'he' explicitly refuses to consider other models. In any case, IMO, the FXT represents very solid VFM, and apart from being thirsty, it's a car you will drive with little fuss. A Corolla for the outdoorsy person :)

Bro, don't use abbreviations like VFM or FXT.

He/she/Frankie may not understand and then demand you keep to topic. :D

The current fxt is quite refined. Road noise is acceptable depending on what kind of tyres u choose and the road surface. Some road surfaces no matter what kind of tyre also can hear quite a lot of road noise. Compared to 2008 Camry 2.4, I would say the level of refinement for fxt is better as the engine noise is more refined even when pushed hard. I've tried accord, teana and Camry. Teana current gen seems to be more refined compared to fxt. Current gen Camry suspension is firmer and less comfortable compared to old one.

• Praise 1

Bro, don't use abbreviations like VFM or FXT.

He/she/Frankie may not understand and then demand you keep to topic. :D

Damn NB this whatever gender bugger..

When I plug in my wife's Samsung S7 into the usb cable in the car, the phone screen goes black and says Android Mirrorlink. How do I get out of mirrorlink so that the phone can use google maps? 

Anyone else have this problem?

• Praise 1

I think FXT is more quiet than the NA.

Neutral Newbie

The FNA / FXT is well regarded around the world, used as a workhorse, and when it's time to sell, there will be many takers.

However if you worry about FC, this won't be the car for you.

Otherwise, it's as reliable as a Corolla, and if you want a bit of offroad action, this car will bring a smile to your face.

But you should know that the most talked about thing in this thread is the FC of either model.

So go in with your eyes open.

Thank you for the feedback and heads up on FC. I drive about 400-500km a month, mostly city driving. Unfortunately, I have not been monitoring FC for my current car. So don't have much to compare with.

Subaru in general have a reputation of being hardy cars and able to last a long time esp. In the US.

There, Subaru is regarded like Toyota as being very reliable and long lasting and have a high resale value.

Here Subaru had a reputation as an ah beng car and not so many normal driver interested until now with the SUV craze. So most people don't have idea of what its reliability is like.

Thanks for the input. Reassuring to know that the car is reliable.
  • Praise 1

When I plug in my wife's Samsung S7 into the usb cable in the car, the phone screen goes black and says Android Mirrorlink. How do I get out of mirrorlink so that the phone can use google maps? 

Anyone else have this problem?

install LG mirrordrive from play store. select mirrorlink from your HU when you connect your Phone and from the HU select LG mirrordrive. You should be able to access your goggle map from there. but the resolution is not great.

• Praise 1

The current fxt is quite refined. Road noise is acceptable depending on what kind of tyres u choose and the road surface. Some road surfaces no matter what kind of tyre also can hear quite a lot of road noise. Compared to 2008 Camry 2.4, I would say the level of refinement for fxt is better as the engine noise is more refined even when pushed hard. I've tried accord, teana and Camry. Teana current gen seems to be more refined compared to fxt. Current gen Camry suspension is firmer and less comfortable compared to old one.

Thanks Mrhan

Probably my previous forester tyre create more road noise.

Will have to test drive to know the difference between the difference between the 2 forester.

Thanks for the kind feedback

I think FXT is more quiet than the NA.

Thanks bro.

will test drive both models to compare the noise level. Always thought the turbo version will be much nosier. Do not seem to be the case.

seems like most of you are driving the turbo version instead of the non turbo.

sorry my wife forgot to log out of her account and i replied thinking it was mine.

I believe my question earlier was legit, however I must have misunderstood jg2000 intention on his reply result in my reply.

and who is Frankie???

Edited by Ashley1108
  • Praise 1

Normally I don't think snarky comments are on the cards, but this new member isn't exactly trying very hard to get an opinion ..  [:p]

Maybe "he" thinks the female nick will get a better response  [gorgeous]

I already stated i replied thinking it was my account. All i want are opinions from Forester owners, and because of their opinion, i am also considering the XT version.

And to you the cars might be different.

However to me, when i initially shortlisted it,

ASX and forester N.A are both 2.0L, japanese made 5 seater, bhp 150, comfortable wheelbase and falls within 110k range.

Outlander and outback are both 2.4-2.5L, japanese made 7 seater, bhp 160-170 range and falls within my max budget of 130k.

I do appreciate and respect the opinions that are provided. I must have misunderstood jg2000 intention on his reply.

I already stated i replied thinking it was my account. All i want are opinions from Forester owners, and because of their opinion, i am also considering the XT version.

ASX and forester N.A are both 2.0L, japanese made 5 seater, bhp 150, comfortable wheelbase and falls within 110k range.

Outlander and outback are both 2.4-2.5L, japanese made 7 seater, bhp 160-170 range and falls within my max budget of 130k.

I do appreciate and respect the opinions that are provided. I must have misunderstood jg2000 intention on his reply.

Outback is 5 seater

Thanks Mrhan

Probably my previous forester tyre create more road noise.

Will have to test drive to know the difference between the difference between the 2 forester.

Thanks for the kind feedback

Thanks bro.

will test drive both models to compare the noise level. Always thought the turbo version will be much nosier. Do not seem to be the case.

seems like most of you are driving the turbo version instead of the non turbo.

sorry my wife forgot to log out of her account and i replied thinking it was mine.

I believe my question earlier was legit, however I must have misunderstood jg2000 intention on his reply result in my reply.

and who is Frankie???

QQ = Qashqai from Nissan. It's a car in the same category as XV. Since u r considering XV, QQ was brought up as a basis for comparison.

Frankie is Frankenstein. It was meant to be a dig since you have both a male and female nick so you could possibly be a mixed... U know... "Franken". I'm just being suan siao and I apologize now that you have cleared things up.

Back to topic, I'd consider XT for the power and Outback for the looks and more executive feel. Both drives differently, one being NA and the other being turbo.

All things aside, my eventual choice will be Forester. More power, less road tax and cheaper too.

Do a test drive for both and see where your heart leads to since budget is not an issue now.

• Praise 1

Between the ASX and the FXT - no brainer, the FXT is fine. Plus the future of Subaru is clearer.

Each model has it's merit, so do take a look inside. FXT is more common, and perhaps easier to sell?