2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Yes, I noticed that on my FNA too. Have to lift up my foot to depress the brake. Previously, I could just shift my foot to the brake with my heel anchored to the floor. Having said that,i have now adapted to the new way of depressing the brake after driving the car for a few of weeks.

i am curious about your height and also your footsize. 

do you wear shoes when driving? 

↡ Advertisement

I am 1.72m, my foot size is 42, I wear shoes when driving. Maybe to clarify, the Forester brake pedal is somewhat more forward than the accelerator pedal relative to my previous ride.

The other change I am struggling to get use to is that the signal light and wiper controls have been swopped between left and right. Still wrongly activating the wiper on occasion when I meant to be the signal light. I guess old habit dies hard...

I am 1.72m, my foot size is 42, I wear shoes when driving. Maybe to clarify, the Forester brake pedal is somewhat more forward than the accelerator pedal relative to my previous ride.

The other change I am struggling to get use to is that the signal light and wiper controls have been swopped between left and right. Still wrongly activating the wiper on occasion when I meant to be the signal light. I guess old habit dies hard...

No worries, to get you ready for your next German cars, BM, Merc,4-Ring...
  • Praise 1

Ya, how to drive off without releasing parking brake? :D

haha... i may be blur sometimes, but definitely blur like sotong.

was referring to the sequence.

Does anyone feel that the foot brake position of the FXT is very high? I'm used to resting the heel on the floor while using the ball of my foot to depress the brake. With this car only my toes could reach...And I'm size 9.

I'm a size 10.5 and I also find the brakes hard to reach with the stock mat. With the free mat given by my SE which is rather thick, the reach is much better now when I stack the new on top of the stock thin mat. Maybe you can try using a thick mat too if you don't have one now.

Any bro service at JB instead? should be cheaper?

SUBARU @ Johor Bahru

No. 3, Jalan Johor Jaya, Taman Perindustrian Plentong, 81750 Masai, Johor Bahru

I guess you need to get use to it.

I'm a size 10.5 and I also find the brakes hard to reach with the stock mat. With the free mat given by my SE which is rather thick, the reach is much better now when I stack the new on top of the stock thin mat. Maybe you can try using a thick mat too if you don't have one now.

I don't own a forester yet. Just test drove it. 

I think i would need 2 mats to go over the stock one, though that may hinder the accelerator pedal which is lower. I was just thinking how is it possible that subaru engineered the brake pedal to be so high. Unless its meant for ang mo with size 12 and above foot. Maybe its the driving technique. Left leg for the brakes :D

On a side note, i test drove the outlander and the brake pedal is lower (though still high, i could make do with 1 additional mat).

1 piece of the mat should be enough as the heel pad is rather thick. 2 additional mats might be a bit risky like therock pointed out.

BTW, the additional mats given by SE is pretty good, better than those 3A mats I bought from carousell for my previous car. First the mat has very little or almost no nasty smell. I aired my carousell mats for 3 days and it still stinks. Second is the heel pad is placed correctly on the mat. My heel is placed almost at the edge of the pad on my previous mats.

I think the SE got them from a standard source together with the Nissan cars SE. My 3 other colleagues who bought Nissan cars at the same time as me also got similar mats and with no smell too. If you have not book your ride yet, do ask for the mats from your SE and ask for one additional piece for the driver side (as spare) as it normally wears out faster than the rest. I didn't ask for one back then, too late now.

I don't own a forester yet. Just test drove it. 

I think i would need 2 mats to go over the stock one, though that may hinder the accelerator pedal which is lower. I was just thinking how is it possible that subaru engineered the brake pedal to be so high. Unless its meant for ang mo with size 12 and above foot. Maybe its the driving technique. Left leg for the brakes :D

On a side note, i test drove the outlander and the brake pedal is lower (though still high, i could make do with 1 additional mat).

Funny. I am driving a FNA.

Size 9.5

Did not have such challenge. 

Sometimes, I even drive barefooted.

Could be driving technique as you have stated.

Funny. I am driving a FNA.

Size 9.5

Did not have such challenge.

Sometimes, I even drive barefooted.

Could be driving technique as you have stated.

I didn't actually look at FNA, does it have a different size pedal? The FXT is the metal one.
↡ Advertisement