2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hypersonic

Bro..no offence but i would prefer to compare fxt against harrier instead .. and comsidering the 20-30k difference in play if to compare. Drove my colicks harrier for a day...interior is nice and comfy but its way underpowered. Wld luv the harrier turbo though...

Did u do a third party tint? I find 24 already quite ok even at fan of one bar though i stayed in temperate country for a while...before i change away from the MI given lousy tint..i was at 22.

I always like to set cold cold lah.

I did not take the tint from MI. My tint is good, with high IR rejection.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

sell my fna after a month of ownership? sure, if I tio toto 1st prize otherwise its fna for the next half decade. After years of driving, this is my first new ride so naturally I would expect everything to be somewhat "perfect" butI concede that it is NOT and MI people certainly added to the woes.

Anyway, an update abt my fna. The aircon isn't bad but the weather last sat was simply horrible and it was fully loaded with 5 adults & 3 kids. Anyway, MI's As regards to the 3 scratches, MI did polish it off and it's now ok. For the knocking sound at RHS passenger, it comes on n off so I can live with that. As long as the knocking is NOT coming from engine, I am quite ok.

Now at 1800km, the ride feels smooth albeit sluggish pick-up which I am privy to since day 1. My primary concern is the proper functioning of boxer engine & cvt (fingers crossed). I probably will go BKS to service my ride at 10k and screw the MI warranty.

On a simialr note, I was fortunate to drive a friend's 1 month-old harrier on sunday...we decided to swap just for kicks. The workmanship of interior, dashboard, insulation all better than fna but harrier engine sounded abit rough when I floored on the gas to overtake. For cruising, it's amazing. Pretty sure if I have the financial capacity in 5 years, my sights will be on the harrier turbo.

Wah sei....u managed to squeeze 5 adults & 3 kids in the FXT? Am I reading this correctly?
  • Praise 1

Whats the price u got for fna?

It is 104800 which is after -2000(8 bid NG), -2000(Scrap) and another -1000(can't remember for what!).

Anyway think this is their standard pricing.

• Praise 1

If u use the "free" tint from MI, need to do 21-22 degrees and fan speed at least 2-3 to while on road on a hot day (assuming u parked and started driving in sheltered area)

If open air carpark, 18 degrees and full blast and open sunroof, still takes more than 5 min to cool down

Dear All,

Can recommend a good workshop for FXT oil change etc? Given up hope with MI. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi

I do mine at Foo Brothers. 9002 Tampines Street 93

Been going there with my previous Subaru and now with my FXT.

• Praise 1

Hi

I do mine at Foo Brothers. 9002 Tampines Street 93

Been going there with my previous Subaru and now with my FXT.

Hi Highmount,

Many Thanks. 

I always like to set cold cold lah.

I did not take the tint from MI. My tint is good, with high IR rejection.

Lol..ok bro...ya. MI tint sucks.

Wah sei....u managed to squeeze 5 adults & 3 kids in the FXT? Am I reading this correctly?

3 young kids on each lap. Possible leh.

Twincharged

Paintwork discrepancies are common. Quite some time ago I also realised that my front and rear bumpers and rear spoiler are of a slightly different red Colour compared to the rest of the car body. I suspect they fitted the bumpers and rear spoiler locally... I can understand the local fitting of spoiler but the bumpers?! maybe the bumpers got damaged before delivery and they replaced the original ones? Hmmm... a lot of things goes behind our backs. Lol.

for most cars, the bumper colour is different from the main body due to the different material is paint is sprayed on. have noticed this on many new cars be it conti or Japanese over the years. of course if you do a repspray locally it will correct this as most factory paints are quite thin as well to save money.

(edited)

No safety for kids....

even if fxt is a solid and heavy car, but when comes to a collision, passengers who are not buckled up properly always tend to suffer the most.

The recent wish accident with kids not buckled up is a such a case.

for most cars, the bumper colour is different from the main body due to the different material is paint is sprayed on. have noticed this on many new cars be it conti or Japanese over the years. of course if you do a repspray locally it will correct this as most factory paints are quite thin as well to save money.

Weird, for conti cars at least the paint work standards are pretty good. I don't see my frens' conti cars having different Colour bumpers from their car body.

In fact my past jap cars all don't have This problem.

Well, the Colours may not be 100% match due to different materials but they shouldn't be too noticeable to the naked eye.

A cheap local respray is never the same as the factory paint quality. Typically jap cars have very thin paints. But conti paintwork is on a very different level.

My mi solar film on windscreen started to pop up on the area where I placed a suction holder for my front camera. Lol... now got 1 big bubble. Edited by mrhan1982

Dear All,

Thank you in advance. 

hope I am not flouting any forum rules here but for EO change, I am either gg to my trusty mech or BKS (I am NOT affiliated to either workshop btw) 

• Praise 1

Dear All,

Thank you in advance.

I got myself a fumoto drain plug, bought an oil pan and diy my own engine oil change. Only go ws for major oil change like 30k or 40k.

http://www.fumotousa.com

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

This is not about possible or not.

More important is the safety of all the passenger. Especially the kids that were not belt up.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Can anyone explain on the self levelizer rear struts (found in NA but not in XT)? Asked the SE but they said have to check what is that for.

this is quite old tech - been on the foresters since the SG chasis.

If the rear of the car is loaded with heavy cargo/passenger etc, the rear susp tends to compress. More so when the springs are soft. This leads to: 

1) handling issues (weight transfer from front to rear, wheel alignment may change, front wheels have less grip leading to understeer tendency)

2) front headlights will point up

headlights may have adjustment (manual by driver or auto-levelling for HID)

to correct the handling issue, the rear shock absorbers will self-level (extend in length) to make the rear and front balanced again.

• Praise 1

This is not about possible or not.

More important is the safety of all the passenger. Especially the kids that were not belt up.

Concur totally.

Letting my Forester NA. A set of BlackVue DR650 2-ch, power magic pro and 6 pc magnetic shades for sale. All items fitted 13 months ago from MI. PM if interested. Thanks.

(edited)

Did you guys receive the email?

Yokohama geolander 4x for $400 on the 8th-9th july at leng kee

Edited by Slazen

Letting my Forester NA. A set of BlackVue DR650 2-ch, power magic pro and 6 pc magnetic shades for sale. All items fitted 13 months ago from MI. PM if interested. Thanks.

possible to share how much a 13mth old NA forester can go for now?

↡ Advertisement