2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi villan,

Current fxt is 124k with mostly locally fitted barebone from Subaru Japan liao or 139k including cev surcharge and considering a new platform with say 5-10k premium as final selling price will be 144-149k.

Harrier turbo is 150 for premium version and reportedly 145k for elegence pensing release cos reportedly pending LTA approval...definitely not competitive.

Cheers.

Yeah

The forester was competitive because buyers got what they wanted - a good priced Jap made car with a powerful engine.

The feature count has always been lower but the price made it palatable.

Unless the buyer is really going to use the turbo all the time, if it costs close to the basic elegance it will be greatly disadvantaged.

And there is very little more they can take out to keep the price down..

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Yes, the MI service personnels has also turn to be sellers of add-on services to increase revenue. No harm in that, but they should be giving proper advice to customers. In these cases they are doing a very poor job at it.

Rust protection is a given in any respectable cars manufactured nowadays and Subaru is a respectable brand.  The SA is definitely not doing the brand image of Subaru any good. 

They will also push you to do engine flushing at 10K. Come on man, engine flushing is only done if your engine has a bad sludge build up. At 10,000 Km? If a vehicle has regular oil changes, uses synthetic oils, and have decent running time once in a while to burn up carbon deposit, there should be no need of engine flushes even at 100,000 km.

engine flush is sold by every AD and run of the mill workshops out there. a big con if you ask me. just to squeeze the last cent, like you mentioned.

every 10k change oil is good enough.

engine flush is sold by every AD and run of the mill workshops out there. a big con if you ask me. just to squeeze the last cent, like you mentioned.

Woah, thanks. I'll remember not to be a sucker next time round...

Supersonic

Yeah, the engine flush upsell seems like a common scam among the AD workshops. My Sorento oso they ask wanna flush at 30k. Think only real tangible thing is it's helping to flush out $$$ down the drain

possible to share how much a 13mth old NA forester can go for now?

Includes overtrade for the new car. I sold it at 95K.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Yeah, the engine flush upsell seems like a common scam among the AD workshops. My Sorento oso they ask wanna flush at 30k. Think only real tangible thing is it's helping to flush out $$$ down the drain

They tried the same bs on me and i told them straight no.. my prev impreza done 170k only reg servicing never engine flush before.. engine still gg strong when sold

In fact.. for mi current svc package.. the recomended svc package every 20k for brake fluid change is also overkill. I took opted the most basic svc package and told them subaru manual recommend brake fluid change every 40k.. and i certainly dun need them to change wiper blade for me every 20k

Edited by Speedz76
  • Praise 2

No change after last coe drop for fxt but fna did:

Forester 2.0IL

$106,800

Forester 2.0XT

$123,800

8 Bids Non Gteed COE

Trade in another $2K Discount

Hi,

Me keen in XT but i was told by SE that currently no stock till Oct/Nov delivery.  if i were to signed now but have to wait at least 4 months. Do u think which is a better option?

1- Book now to lock this price now and wait for stock? 

2- Or book only when nearer to date.

Either options is still a risk to take, whether XT price increase or drop during these 4 months wait.

Would appreciate any suggestions? Thanks

Hi,

Me keen in XT but i was told by SE that currently no stock till Oct/Nov delivery. if i were to signed now but have to wait at least 4 months. Do u think which is a better option?

Either options is still a risk to take, whether XT price increase or drop during these 4 months wait.

I remembered 2 months ago, i enquired about the stock for fna and was told all taken have to wait till august. Fast forward to last week, when i enquire again, it seems that august shipment is fully sold and was told new stock will come only in oct.

That is from my fna experience. Not sure about ftx.

Hi,

Me keen in XT but i was told by SE that currently no stock till Oct/Nov delivery.  if i were to signed now but have to wait at least 4 months. Do u think which is a better option?

I just signed for a XT on Thursday. Only left silver. ( August stock ) My SE mentioned all the colour sold out in May/early June.

She also mentioned Oct/Nov stock is the last batch of XT MI will be bringing in and their price will keep increasing once August stock is sold out. Subsequent order will be on intent basis and +15k more due to CEVS revision. 

My advice is to sign now before the stock run out. Check with your SE if price is going to increase on Monday. I remember they did that before the last bidding

Aside to the above,

I do understand there is a facebook private group for forester member.

Tried to search under "forester club singapore" but could only find Malaysia and Philippine club. Can someone kindly post or pm me the direct link? Appreciate it.

Hi,

Me keen in XT but i was told by SE that currently no stock till Oct/Nov delivery. if i were to signed now but have to wait at least 4 months. Do u think which is a better option?

Current price consider low. Can sign now and just wait.

Neutral Newbie

I just signed for a XT on Thursday. Only left silver. ( August stock ) My SE mentioned all the colour sold out in May/early June.

She also mentioned Oct/Nov stock is the last batch of XT MI will be bringing in and their price will keep increasing once August stock is sold out. Subsequent order will be on intent basis and +15k more due to CEVS revision.

My advice is to sign now before the stock run out. Check with your SE if price is going to increase on Monday. I remember they did that before the last bidding

Aside to the above,

Tried to search under "forester club singapore" but could only find Malaysia and Philippine club. Can someone kindly post or pm me the direct link? Appreciate it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1069286409823991

https://m.facebook.com/groups/996193403751342

Hope these help. Cheers

(edited)

Aside to the above,

Silver, dark grey and 1 unit of quartz blue still available

Any bros upgraded to BBK and MI did not honour other associated parts ?? TIA

Edited by richard_crl032

Neutral Newbie

Just got my FNA last week.

Wondering what MI will do for 1k and 10k servicing. 

Any advice or things to watch out for.

Noob here. TIA. 

Neutral Newbie

Includes overtrade for the new car. I sold it at 95K.

Why selling bro? Any issue with the car?

Just did my last FOC 10k servicing at MI Leng Kee.

Got pricing for motul but no stock, guess shld be last visit to MI for servicing. Wanted to use motul at 1k servicing but advised to do it at 10k, now at 10k they say no stock?! 

Also pushed to do engine flushing (say it is advised) but I rejected. 

Btw, any good FXT servicing workshop in the west? Appreciate kind feedback! 

↡ Advertisement