2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Just did my last FOC 10k servicing at MI Leng Kee.

Got pricing for motul but no stock, guess shld be last visit to MI for servicing. Wanted to use motul at 1k servicing but advised to do it at 10k, now at 10k they say no stock?!

Also pushed to do engine flushing (say it is advised) but I rejected.

Btw, any good FXT servicing workshop in the west? Appreciate kind feedback!

No loss without motul. Keep the extra cash. Your car is so new, after 20k, confirm car is not lemon then go outside service

I've heard that the warranty is only honoured if you continue servicing with MI. If that's true, it's really quite crappy of MI. I'd understand if they don't honour warrantly on parts you've changed e.g exos, ECU tuning, etc but to void because you don't service with them is rather extreme. Any thoughts? I stand corrected.

Silver, dark grey and 1 unit of quartz blue still available

Any bros upgraded to BBK and MI did not honour other associated parts ?? TIA

Richard, I think you can Join the whatsapp group or Facebook group. They have more information there

rich, you make up you mind already? [nod]

Silver, dark grey and 1 unit of quartz blue still available
Any bros upgraded to BBK and MI did not honour other associated parts ?? TIA

I've heard that the warranty is only honoured if you continue servicing with MI. If that's true, it's really quite crappy of MI. I'd understand if they don't honour warrantly on parts you've changed e.g exos, ECU tuning, etc but to void because you don't service with them is rather extreme. Any thoughts? I stand corrected.

This one also confirmed? Walao. Then the 5 yrs warranty is crap.

Hi everyone. Be picking up my fxt today. Excited and sad at the same time cos will be giving up my current ride. Is there anything I shld be looking out for during delivery? Thanks.

Just did my last FOC 10k servicing at MI Leng Kee.

Got pricing for motul but no stock, guess shld be last visit to MI for servicing. Wanted to use motul at 1k servicing but advised to do it at 10k, now at 10k they say no stock?!

Also pushed to do engine flushing (say it is advised) but I rejected.

Btw, any good FXT servicing workshop in the west? Appreciate kind feedback!

Eng flush to me is always snake oil...prob good for cars more than 10 yrs old...lol....i just cannot find any concrete proof it works...rather spend the money on vpower. I may be wrong though.

(edited)

Hi,

Me keen in XT but i was told by SE that currently no stock till Oct/Nov delivery. if i were to signed now but have to wait at least 4 months. Do u think which is a better option?

1- Book now to lock this price now and wait for stock?

2- Or book only when nearer to date.

Either options is still a risk to take, whether XT price increase or drop during these 4 months wait.

Would appreciate any suggestions? Thanks

Depends on coe leh...and when the 15k additional cevs kicks in? If more new Cat B models (like the harrier turbo) push the coe up...then the price will likewise. Anyway i hardly doubt coe can hold at this level given the economy? If you are trading in then the difference will be adjusted a bit..you see the various SE reactions lah. If he ai mai ai mai like that..it means the sales are very good and he is not hard up for sales...then maybe sales are really damn good and coe will likely hold...but again this will be for like the next 2 months only. The last round of coe biddings...prices down by a few K within bids...its really hard to say...but i do notice people getting their coe bids rather fast nwadays instead of like having to wait many bids. Such is not a good sign though.

I think not many installed this.

I installed purely for the safety of my kids but no issue yet leh. I hope it doesnt not happen often as it does drain the battery.

Just went for my 1K servicing at MI. SA recommended the undercarriage rust protection. Said that in the past, Foresters used to come with protection but not now. Not sure if it is worth doing but decided to do it nonetheless (yes I'm easily fleeced). Decided to change to steel braided brake hoses as well. Any bros did that? I feel the current brakes set up rather mushy with lousy pedal feel. My old ride (VW Jetta Sport) had much better and responsive brakes. It's useless to have 350nm if I'm unable to brake with confidence. Any bros did the sound deadening for the doors? Review?

I only did the sound coating for undercarriage, which i hope it doesnt have some antirust properties also hence i skipped the antirust. Technically i thought all new cars have already some form or undercarriage coating? Anyway i heard of someone who still do the door spundproofing but at third party vendor. How much did subaru cmquote u for the steel BH? I am keen on that. In fact I may want to change the whole brake kit but that may mean changing rims as well if the brake caliper cannot fit into our stock rims..

I did the sound proofing for all 4 doors at 5k servicing at mi. Doors close with a better thud sound, but still cannot compare to those German cars. But it did help a little with wind noise and make the bass sound tighter.

Stock brakes not meant for fast aggressive driving. After 30k of moderate To occasional hard braking, the brake pedal has become spongy and squeaky, but braking performance still the same.

How much did u do the 4 dr for at MI?

Forester is probably the best selling model for Subaru. Unlikely MI will not bring in but price is likely in the 140k region.

Seriously..at that price...pple may go for harrier turbo liao...what will MI do? Lower omv further by taking away some more features to reduce the price? And if the new 2019 model has better fuel efficiency, may reduce the cevs surcharge? But got to wait how long for the 2019 model?

Did you guys receive the email?

Yokohama geolander 4x for $400 on the 8th-9th july at leng kee

Yup. You keen ah? The promo is on next coming weekend. Edited by Andyngps

4th Gear

You can sell your car at higher price ðð

Well, What might happen is that they stop bringing in the FXT, cos it becomes unsellable with the 15k increase, compared with other similar SUVs. One big selling point of the fxt is its price right now

Hi everyone. Be picking up my fxt today. Excited and sad at the same time cos will be giving up my current ride. Is there anything I shld be looking out for during delivery? Thanks.

I took my FXT ytd.. the SE will run thru features with me. Make sure u checked every corner of the car for scratches. Try those moving parts like windows and sun roof. Remember to do visual check for rim condition too!

Well, What might happen is that they stop bringing in the FXT, cos it becomes unsellable with the 15k increase, compared with other similar SUVs. One big selling point of the fxt is its price right now

I concur.  Additional 15k = not competitive. 

Those who intend to get, my advice, don't wait. 

I was lucky(COE dropped) to wait for BM harrier (disappointment) which is still under-powered and sluggish even with the turbo.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the Oct stock will be the last batch they bringing in. 

Good luck.

I waited for BM harrier (disappointment) which is still under-powered and sluggish even with the turbo.

I concur. Additional 15k = not competitive.

Those who intend to get, my advice, don't wait.

I was lucky(COE dropped) to wait for BM harrier (disappointment) which is still under-powered and sluggish even with the turbo.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the Oct stock will be the last batch they bringing in.

Good luck.

I waited for BM harrier (disappointment) which is still under-powered and sluggish even with the turbo.

BM Harrier turbo spec looks good for torque and power. Care to share how it is under powered and sluggish?

BM Harrier turbo spec looks good for torque and power. Care to share how it is under powered and sluggish?

Hi Milynot,

Have you test driven both FXT n harrier turbo? 

You can also checked out harrier thread and read the comments there by the bros who test driven both cars.

In my opinion, if you have set your mind for Harrier turbo, don't test drive the FXT. 

• Praise 1