2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Nope, FNA. My purchase agreement states "April indent stock arrive in June". Agent also said it will arrive in June.

mine is march indent need 2 months to arrive

By the way, anyone know where to get tail lights like this? And how much would it cost including installation? https://imgur.com/a/2DgcKVC

from Taobao and I think RIchard also having this Colin tail light

http://https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fm.tb.cn%2Fh.WDMmaUA&h=ATPRKWZ-pOcJo1k_V_62G5CjI69PgNjNdr5RDxVmmfBdKB0rH2zpqSMitPJBvy6Igv64o79zVNoFWW466PgPoCNOfdkaiefv3aklnVIN

Edited by Epsilon

Will be good to check with Lesun and compare. Seems more expensive to get from japanparts.

Too expensive liao. Check with either BKS or BMS. Their aftermarket CVT cooler should be less than that the one on Japanparts. I had mine installed at BKS and my CVT temp drop by 5degree C compare to no CVT cooler.

Edited by Undertaker_s
  • Praise 1

Too expensive liao. Check with either BKS or BMS. Their aftermarket CVT cooler should be less than that the one on Japanparts. I had mine installed at BKS and my CVT temp drop by 5degree C compare to no CVT cooler.

Whoa! Big effect!

Cost wise?

Hi Richard,

Kick sensor for tailgate also using OBD?

Like that if got autolock, and BT module even 1-3 splinter also not enough if need another OBD. How? piggy back?

can install kick sensor for the tailgate??am only thinking of doing the electric tailgate.but will void warranty?

Hi Richard,

Like that if got autolock, and BT module even 1-3 splinter also not enough if need another OBD. How? piggy back?

can install kick sensor for the tailgate??am only thinking of doing the electric tailgate.but will void warranty?

As Richard has mentioned a few times, warranty is very subjective. You have to see what fails and why before you can consider it void. Eg if I install new films on the windows and suddenly the electronics fail causing the window to not able to wind down, it's very unlikely that your warranty will be void. But if the cause is because the new film wasn't installed properly and somehow got caught in the mechanism, then unlikely that MI will honour the warranty.

yes, after-market kick sensor for the electric tailgate.

in your mind I believe you already know what you want to install, so ask that in front of your sale person to get your answer. Instead of asking us whether this or that void the warranty.

Hi Epsilon/Revenge,

Yes, mine is the same version 1 from class auto c/o Roy Peh who also drive a souped up white fxt with scoop, 19", lowered peddar suspension. This is from Taiwanese supplier and not sure about Taobao.

Note that version 2 had been available 2 mths back.

My was about around 750 with cover plate needed for FL version and includes installation, warranty and mod to turn reverse light on both sides.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Richard,

Hi Epsilon,

Sorry, not the kick sensor but it is aftermkt electric tailgate for my qashqai that is connected to obd ...paiseh. This is to sense that you are not moving else it can open up which will be dangerous.

Sure, daisy chain more splitter as needed.

I have 3x 1-3 splitter cables for 7 obd modules in my qashqai for last 2 yrs ...just make sure total current of all the obd modules draws current <100mA and never use BT modules that dun sleep else need to remove or press button off for some versions since they all draws high current but I dun recommend as you WILL forget.

The only BT module I found that sleeps and wakes automatically is obdlink at around usd60-70 I think.

Cheers.

Richard

7 connected qashqai obd: ethrottle, rschip, bsm, electric tailgate, bt module, autolock/flasher module, sensorless tpms

3 connected fxt obd: ethrotte, bsm, bt module

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Yuguangr,

haha...

My spouse loves the roof too! But to me, I see it as additional maintenance to come... But did not raised any concern too... As I wanted to purchase the FXT then.

Sounds abit crazy for the additional cost, she highlighted that too... But it's just Once In a Lifetime! haha... Moreover, I do not want to have the feeling of regretting not getting the FXT. (Although, now she do highlight that if I had got the FNA; I would had save about SGD 30k. However, her statement no impact... hahah... But if I got the FNA earlier and few years down the road... I would be thinking to myself, why I did not just had gotten the FXT and not keep on thinking about change a new or more powerful vehicle!!!)

If you are concern about warranty coverage, you can choose to clarify with MI before making a purchase decision. But frankly, if you are an existing driver, do often see subaru vehicles break down on the road?

Next, if there is not too much of mechanical modifications; usually the vehicle will not give too much problems. Perhaps, for electrical modifications, got to ensure the work is done properly. As there will be concerns of short circuit and goes up in flames... (I had ever saw in person; Toyota Camry caught fire along BKE and drove passed it.)

I guessed if you are more towards having a vehicle for your family use, do not mind if it is a simple vehicle but with required safety features; such as 7 airbags, rather high rating in crash test. Plus, original "Made in Japan"... (haha... But it seems that they are using cheap foreign labour too... ) Forester is quite a good buy at the price of SGD 95k.

Even, the FXT, I viewed it as a good buy. Although it is at the higher price...

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Yes, with fxt being the last of its kind now, there is no room for regret. Sometime ago someone in this forum once said "a fxt can drive like a fna. The same cant be said of fna". This is a fact and not meant to offend. I agree with u that even at 135k+ now, fxt is also quite a reasonable deal among the few other Jap Suv at the 130+k mark namely crv, xtrail, 2.0 qashqai and rav4.
  • Praise 1

Yes, I know how you feel. I was lost as well because I was looking at too many different models. I've only driven a Latio and a Sylphy so far, so I wanted to get something different. I wanted an estate at first because I like the general outline/shape of them, but the options are quite limited in Singapore. So I was considering the following and really couldn't make up my mind as each car had its own plus points and drawbacks:

Opel Astra ST 1.0

Seat Leon ST

Hyundai i30 SW

Peugeot 308 SW

Hyundai i30 HB

Hyundai Elantra Elite

Kia K3 sport

Nissan Sylphy

Ford Focus SW

Subaru XV

Subaru Forester

Nissan Qashqai 1.2

Honda Civic 1.6

Mazda 3

Mazda 6

Mitsubishi ASX

In the end, I went with the Forester because I felt most comfortable in it and the higher ride height was also nice. If your price range is ~100k and you need a good family car, I think the Forester won't disappoint if you can forgo the more modern driver assistance features, which are nice but I personally feel are unnecessary.

This is a very long list of contenders. My past rides were jap sedans and i was bent on a jap suv next. Budget was 130k max then and there were only a few options but i only hv eyes for fxt. Diff btw that and fna was 17k. I am glad i got the fxt.

As Richard has mentioned a few times, warranty is very subjective. You have to see what fails and why before you can consider it void. Eg if I install new films on the windows and suddenly the electronics fail causing the window to not able to wind down, it's very unlikely that your warranty will be void. But if the cause is because the new film wasn't installed properly and somehow got caught in the mechanism, then unlikely that MI will honour the warranty.

Hi Revenge, indeed !

yes, after-market kick sensor for the electric tailgate.

in your mind I believe you already know what you want to install, so ask that in front of your sale person to get your answer. Instead of asking us whether this or that void the warranty.

Hi Epsilon, Indeed x2 ! Cheers.

Hi Epsilon,

Sorry, not the kick sensor but it is aftermkt electric tailgate for my qashqai that is connected to obd ...paiseh. This is to sense that you are not moving else it can open up which will be dangerous.

Sure, daisy chain more splitter as needed.

I have 3x 1-3 splitter cables for 7 obd modules in my qashqai for last 2 yrs ...just make sure total current of all the obd modules draws current <100mA and never use BT modules that dun sleep else need to remove or press button off for some versions since they all draws high current but I dun recommend as you WILL forget.

The only BT module I found that sleeps and wakes automatically is obdlink at around usd60-70 I think.

Cheers.

Richard

7 connected qashqai obd: ethrottle, rschip, bsm, electric tailgate, bt module, autolock/flasher module, sensorless tpms

3 connected fxt obd: ethrotte, bsm, bt module

Hi Bros,

Obdlink bt module that auto sleep and wakes here and unfortunately more expensive than I remembered:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180423070323&SearchText=obdlink

I am using the cheaper LX version with my Android phone and please please dun get those usd5 ones ... I can pass some to you, including one that has on-off button, if you wish to risk guaranteed flat battery within 1-2 days if you forget to unplug or switch off.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Just got the auto lock OBD device installed, and it works for my 2 months old FNA.

Device function:

- Auto lock doors at 15km/hr

- Auto unlock doors when engine is turn off

- Will auto lock doors again at 15km/hr after doors are opened midway (passenger drop off)

- Hazard lights turn on when reversing car

- Hazard lights turn on when door open to drop off passenger

- Hazard lights turn on when alighting after engine is turn off

The hazard light function uses it's own blinker circuit, which is slower than car blinking circuit. Light runs independent from the hazard light switch. Device doesn't use the OBD port, and require tapping into the dome light power thru the fuse board.

If any of you are interested, please google and contact "just shop.sg". Device with installation is $128. FXT compatibility is still unknown at the moment.

And I'm not in any way related to seller. Just sharing the info.

Cheers!

Hi Bros,

Obdlink bt module that auto sleep and wakes here and unfortunately more expensive than I remembered:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180423070323&SearchText=obdlink

I am using the cheaper LX version with my Android phone and please please dun get those usd5 ones ... I can pass some to you, including one that has on-off button, if you wish to risk guaranteed flat battery within 1-2 days if you forget to unplug or switch off.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the offer. If i even need the cheap, i will PM you.

↡ Advertisement