2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Just got the auto lock OBD device installed, and it works for my 2 months old FNA.

Device function:

- Auto lock doors at 15km/hr

- Auto unlock doors when engine is turn off

- Will auto lock doors again at 15km/hr after doors are opened midway (passenger drop off)

- Hazard lights turn on when reversing car

- Hazard lights turn on when door open to drop off passenger

- Hazard lights turn on when alighting after engine is turn off

The hazard light function uses it's own blinker circuit, which is slower than car blinking circuit. Light runs independent from the hazard light switch. Device doesn't use the OBD port, and require tapping into the dome light power thru the fuse board.

If any of you are interested, please google and contact "just shop.sg". Device with installation is $128. FXT compatibility is still unknown at the moment.

And I'm not in any way related to seller. Just sharing the info.

Cheers!

Hi Yellobie,

Do you happen to take photo of the device? do you know the brand?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Epsilon,

Sorry, not the kick sensor but it is aftermkt electric tailgate for my qashqai that is connected to obd ...paiseh. This is to sense that you are not moving else it can open up which will be dangerous.

Sure, daisy chain more splitter as needed.

I have 3x 1-3 splitter cables for 7 obd modules in my qashqai for last 2 yrs ...just make sure total current of all the obd modules draws current <100mA and never use BT modules that dun sleep else need to remove or press button off for some versions since they all draws high current but I dun recommend as you WILL forget.

The only BT module I found that sleeps and wakes automatically is obdlink at around usd60-70 I think.

Cheers.

Richard

7 connected qashqai obd: ethrottle, rschip, bsm, electric tailgate, bt module, autolock/flasher module, sensorless tpms

3 connected fxt obd: ethrotte, bsm, bt module

Hi Richard,

Taken a look at the OBDlink Mx wifi vs OBD 327ELM Wifi.

Which will you recommend?

Hi Richard,

Taken a look at the OBDlink Mx wifi vs OBD 327ELM Wifi.

Which will you recommend?

Hi Snoopy,

We dun need more expensive mx version ... just get lx version without unless gm or ford capability.

Not sure what Obd327elm you are referring to dun know any that auto sleep.

I recommend BT LX cos you can only have 1 wifi but many BT ...I use it with my android hu and same if you use mobile phone.

Btw for diagnostic and clearing error codes, I use icarscan also obd via bt and juz used it last week for my qashqai cos installer forgot to plug in airbag connector before starting engine.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-80679500-1524499949.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Just got the auto lock OBD device installed, and it works for my 2 months old FNA.

Device function:

- Auto lock doors at 15km/hr

- Auto unlock doors when engine is turn off

- Will auto lock doors again at 15km/hr after doors are opened midway (passenger drop off)

- Hazard lights turn on when reversing car

- Hazard lights turn on when door open to drop off passenger

- Hazard lights turn on when alighting after engine is turn off

The hazard light function uses it's own blinker circuit, which is slower than car blinking circuit. Light runs independent from the hazard light switch. Device doesn't use the OBD port, and require tapping into the dome light power thru the fuse board.

If any of you are interested, please google and contact "just shop.sg". Device with installation is $128. FXT compatibility is still unknown at the moment.

And I'm not in any way related to seller. Just sharing the info.

Cheers!

Hey yellobie,

Nice nice nice and tks for the sharing.

Meeting tmrw to try on my fxt and will update bros here.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the offer. If i even need the cheap, i will PM you.

Hey Epsilon,

Anytime .. need to clear some stuff from storeroom also .. just did so this evening and at least now neater with 7 of these togoyo boxes with car and ICE parts from qashqai and fxt .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-15409600-1524500428_thumb.jpeg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Sorry, I am referring to the Vgate ICar2 ELM327 OBD2 Wifi version, from Taobao.

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=552472217648

Hi Snoopy,

Cool find since much cheaper than obdlink lx.

When I bought Vgate which I still have somewhere, then version did not autosleep but seems this latest version does so and with only limitation that it does not auto wakes up like the 5x more expensive.

If you get this Vgate one which think you should since so cheap and keeps it plugged in, just get a long obd cable and run it under you console to you seat to allow you to press on.

Recommend getting BT version always for multiple concurrent links.

Cheers.

Richard

yes, after-market kick sensor for the electric tailgate.

in your mind I believe you already know what you want to install, so ask that in front of your sale person to get your answer. Instead of asking us whether this or that void the warranty.

Don't ask salesman. 

Write in to get black and white. 

Their normal answer is that it will void related parts. 

Then it is up to argue when we try to claim for any warranty. 

• Praise 1

oh yes, the current FNA has the default auto door lock function when hit 20km/hr?

thanks

Nope. Speed Lock from MI is 360 bucks that comes with alarm function. But should be able to haggle with your SE to give you
  • Praise 2

Sadly I didn't take any photo of the device, as it look exactly like most OBD device from china using the same case. Only manage to take a pic of the harness that came with it

post-203223-0-30447300-1524533367_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what's the brand. Only know it came from china. From what I know thru the seller, he manage to "pressure" his supplier to source this device for him.

Edited: Double posting issue..

Hey yellobie,

Nice nice nice and tks for the sharing.

Meeting tmrw to try on my fxt and will update bros here.

Cheers.

Richard

Hope it work well for you Richard!

Edited by yellobie

Nope. Speed Lock from MI is 360 bucks that comes with alarm function. But should be able to haggle with your SE to give you

woah. thanks bro. seems like really need to prepare a listing to ask the se liao.

woah. thanks bro. seems like really need to prepare a listing to ask the se liao.

The aftermarket speedlock using obd mentioned by the rest of the guys seems to be good value actually. Can consider that and ask for other things from Motor Image

The aftermarket speedlock using obd mentioned by the rest of the guys seems to be good value actually. Can consider that and ask for other things from Motor Image

thanks bro. am consolidating a list of stuffs to ask.

thanks bro. am consolidating a list of stuffs to ask.

Hi Yuguangr,

My manager did not  managed to get ARB fitted under warranty/insurance cover but  2 channel blackvue DVR Cam, floor mat, black bumper protector, solar film and sun shade ... 94.8k with trade-in at "ok" price and dunno how many years loan.

However, think sales in doing well and indeed hope you can get mentioned sgd380 autolock and alarm but please ensure it is speed sensitive autolock and not braking autolock which is not preferred ... you may step on brake before passengers get in while waiting and  you have to unlock back to let them in ... lol !

For your reference only.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Yuguangr,

My manager did not  managed to get ARB fitted under warranty/insurance cover but  2 channel blackvue DVR Cam, floor mat, black bumper protector, solar film and sun shade ... 94.8k with trade-in at "ok" price and dunno how many years loan.

For your reference only.

Cheers,

Richard

thanks Richard bro. this is very helpful. jotting them down.

Hi Yuguangr,

Most wlecome ....

Yes, sgd3k is worth it as it is not only the discount prices but if you add later on at higher prices (unless you use knock-off), any accident will not cover these since not stock from MI and of course you have to waste time running around to get all this done.

Yes, noise is relative thought my mgr is the one who mentioned it as I did not wish to influence him but believe my 5k efforts does make a difference ... kaki with Apr 2017 black edition was fine and dandy but after being in my fxt, he proceeded and just back from KL 1 months ago for his SP and autofoam ... and a very happy man now.

On rear for your children, they will not know ... even I din with the excitement of new car, test drive etc. and strong advise you to take a much longer route and sit behind as passenger to feel it yourself but the FNA as mentioned is already not as stiff. It can be alleviated (not solved) by sgd179 wrx sti rear arb 20mm hollow one to replace stock 16mm hollow one that MI sell and just add another 80 for installation by MI to again have all these covered by them if at all possible ... we tried just now but Sales says cannot. Else it is to Lesun at sgd145 and any ws for 30-40 installation charge.

On a hot day, rear passengers will feel the heat more especially due to huge 3rd row window and big 2nd row window but this can be alleviated by sun-shades on 2nd and 3rd roles that affect driver almost 0%.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Yuguangr,

Just do it ... forester is a fun and happy car for the family ... the dvd player and headresh monitors for your kids ... 0.00000001% of concern on warranty imho.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard, MI not willing to sell the 20mm ARB to Forester owners? Darn I was hoping they do as I can get about 250 dollars worth of voucher from the duo points. Thinking of using the 200 for the pink springs then use the 50 for the ARB. Looks like i gotta go get from Lesun
↡ Advertisement