2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi Richard, MI not willing to sell the 20mm ARB to Forester owners? Darn I was hoping they do as I can get about 250 dollars worth of voucher from the duo points. Thinking of using the 200 for the pink springs then use the 50 for the ARB. Looks like i gotta go get from Lesun

Hi Zpliu,

Oh no, sorry for the confusion ... they will sell at 179 vs Lesun at 145 nett but they will not installed during new car purchase for my manager to take advantage of covered warranty.  They say is it for wrx and cannot be responsible for noise, breakage etc. if owners take that risk to install into forester.

I think MI is reasonable but just asking my manager to try his luck since more stress on end links albeit vs stock of 16mm hollow, wrx's  20mm hollow should be 200%, cusco 20mm solid should be 100% fine while whiteline 26mm one will normally be with whiteline end links else dun think will last even if you adjust to less hard.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Zpliu,

Oh no, sorry for the confusion ... they will sell at 179 vs Lesun at 145 nett but they will not installed during new car purchase for my manager to take advantage of covered warranty. They say is it for wrx and cannot be responsible for noise, breakage etc. if owners take that risk to install into forester.

I think MI is reasonable but just asking my manager to try his luck since more stress on end links albeit vs stock of 16mm hollow, wrx's 20mm hollow should be 200%, cusco 20mm solid should be 100% fine while whiteline 26mm one will normally be with whiteline end links else dun think will last even if you adjust to less hard.

Cheers,

Richard

I see...will get it from them this weekend then since going in for 1k servicing. Will see if they willing to install for me. Gotta make noise regarding the alignment too. Seem like there is a slight drift to the left even on straight road like what many others experienced.

Regards to the auto lock, yes the brake lock seems a bit useless. @Yuguangr do take note of it. Just checked the piece of paper that the SE wrote down the stuff, that is 180 bucks from Motor Image. And no TPMS. A lot of those things that come stock in other countries don't seem to be available here. I test drove the Impreza previously, they have it, perhaps if u willing to wait, it might come stock with the new Forester. But having said that, a lot of unknown with regards to COE, VES etc

thanks bro.hhmm..seems like a lot they have.but all at additional cost...they have a separate shopping listing of add-ons?

Haha last post for today due to the restriction. As for the usual accessories like splash guard etc, go to the MI website, should be able to find under "promotions -> accessories package" can try visiting other countries subaru sites as well, note down the part numbers and ask your SE.

But for the gadgets, u probably have to check with MI when u go down.

Haha last post for today due to the restriction. As for the usual accessories like splash guard etc, go to the MI website, should be able to find under "promotions -> accessories package" can try visiting other countries subaru sites as well, note down the part numbers and ask your SE.

But for the gadgets, u probably have to check with MI when u go down.

woah.bro.thanks.found it.but no pricing.but still will print out and go ask.

For any bro who are interested to get the accessories and performance part from MI.

Quotation I gotten from MI Accessories Department for Forester YOM2018.

Only for personal reference (subject to changes without notice)

* MI warranty all jobs & parts replaced at any of MI's Service Centres for 1 year or 20,000km, whichever applies first.

Accessories

F0010SG700/ Door Visor – SGD 180.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD 60.00)

E555ESG001/ Front Under Guard (Resin) – SGD 400.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD 80.00)

E555ESG100/ Rear Under Guard (Resin) – SGD 400.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD 80.00)

E7710SG000/ Cargo Step Panel (Stainless) – SGD 230.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD 20.00)

E775ESG000/ Cargo Step Panel (Resin) – SGD 210.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD 20.00)

J515ESG000/ Cargo Tray (low) – SGD 210.00 (Stock is available)

J105EAJ002/ Bumper Corner Protector – SGD 138.00 (1pc in stock, Labour: SGD 40.00)

J1010SG300/ Splash Guard (Front & Rear) – SGD 70.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD: 60.00)

E105ESG000/ Scuff Plate (Front 2pcs only) – SGD 210.00 (1 set in stock, Labour: SGD 10.00)

E1010SG100/ Side Sill Plate (Frt & Rear, total 4pcs) – SGD 325.00 (Stock is available, Labour: SGD 10.00)

Performance Part

Refer to attachment

post-204488-0-35163800-1524542879_thumb.png

• Praise 1

From my experience, MI and SE are not willing to give a lot. If the auto door lock is $360, you probably won't get it. I tried to ask for window visors also didn't get, haha. Managed to get car mats, solar film (excluding sunroof), cargo tray and sun shades only. Topped up $500 for auto folding mirrors (which I personally think is quite unnecessary) and 2way camera.

Edited by revenge88

From my experience, MI and SE are not willing to give a lot. If the auto door lock is $360, you probably won't get it. I tried to ask for window visors also didn't get, haha. Managed to get car mats, solar film (excluding sunroof), cargo tray and sun shades only. Topped up $500 for auto folding mirrors (which I personally think is quite unnecessary) and 2way camera.

huh? no auto fold mirrors after parking?

huh? no auto fold mirrors after parking?

By default the vehicle comes with folding mirrors that you need to activate by pushing a button inside the car. The auto fold mirrors that require $150 top up ($150 for autofold mirrors, $350 for 2way camera, $500 total) are mirrors that fold in automatically on their own when you lock the car.

By default the vehicle comes with folding mirrors that you need to activate by pushing a button inside the car. The auto fold mirrors that require $150 top up ($150 for autofold mirrors, $350 for 2way camera, $500 total) are mirrors that fold in automatically on their own when you lock the car.

i see...my current ride have the autofold when off engine...

i see...my current ride have the autofold when off engine...

My current and previous cars didn't have it, so it's not really an issue for me. If you're used to it then it might be a bit of a hassle to remember to fold them in every time you're done driving. But I'm sure it's something you could get used to if you don't want to top up the $150. To me this is a minor thing and not a deal breaker, considering you're getting a large SUV for the price of a Mazda 3. Your opinion may differ of course. Like I mentioned before, features (or lack of features) can be either pros or cons to different people.

I was considering the Mazda 6 Executive which was going for 108k, but decided not to get it because it had only push button start but no keyless entry. The 2 Nissans I've driven for 10 years both have keyless entry and keyless engine start/stop, so I'm not used to the hassle of digging out the key fob just to lock/unlock the car. The decision to leave this feature out on a premium car like Mazda 6 baffles me, considering my two bread and butter Nissans had it.

Just to share a bit more about in cabin noise, I personally didn't feel it was too much when I test drove the Forester. You'll hear the engine for sure if you rev it but I think road noise is not that significantly more compared to competitors. The really quiet ones were the 1.0L euro wagons I tried. Tested the Mitsubishi ASX, which is also a 2.0L SUV/crossover and that was very noticeably noisy. Even the SE agreed with me when I brought it up and mentioned that a lot of customers do soundproofing at outside workshops once they get the car.

My current and previous cars didn't have it, so it's not really an issue for me. If you're used to it then it might be a bit of a hassle to remember to fold them in every time you're done driving. But I'm sure it's something you could get used to if you don't want to top up the $150. To me this is a minor thing and not a deal breaker, considering you're getting a large SUV for the price of a Mazda 3. Your opinion may differ of course. Like I mentioned before, features (or lack of features) can be either pros or cons to different people.

I was considering the Mazda 6 Executive which was going for 108k, but decided not to get it because it had only push button start but no keyless entry. The 2 Nissans I've driven for 10 years both have keyless entry and keyless engine start/stop, so I'm not used to the hassle of digging out the key fob just to lock/unlock the car. The decision to leave this feature out on a premium car like Mazda 6 baffles me, considering my two bread and butter Nissans had it.

Hi bros,

Pls consider this autofold side mirror aftermkt one that comes with cool feature especially 100% assurance that windows are winded up after you lock your car:

适用于斯巴鲁XV森林人傲虎力狮自动升窗器后视镜折叠器斯巴鲁改装 https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/51000111208877?src=Background

Go to Aestmod to fix it at sgd60-80 cos cannot remember liao.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Just to share a bit more about in cabin noise, I personally didn't feel it was too much when I test drove the Forester. You'll hear the engine for sure if you rev it but I think road noise is not that significantly more compared to competitors. The really quiet ones were the 1.0L euro wagons I tried. Tested the Mitsubishi ASX, which is also a 2.0L SUV/crossover and that was very noticeably noisy. Even the SE agreed with me when I brought it up and mentioned that a lot of customers do soundproofing at outside workshops once they get the car.

Hi Revenge,

Indeed subjective and your past experience ... mgr's CO give him thumb down for 3k sports package when they booked fna yesterday but thumb up for 3k soundproofing cos she felt fna too noisy after test driven several and mazda being specifically mentioned.

They are now driving an almost 10 yrs old Altis.

During test drive, many including me on my honda odyssey 14 yrs ago and 6 mths ago with fxt gets excited especially with kids often around and with nice short roads around leng kee or eunos may not realised noise level unless specifically paying attention.

More importantly, my mgr drove my car with me to MI tpy during lunch and at least he knows what is a much more quiet forester and what SP, autofoam and dashboard work can do.

Indeed conti like even qashqai from nissan uk is excellent on nvh control as well as ride comfort... sat in CO's qashqai last nite and again have to shake head ..lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi bros,

Pls consider this auto side windoe aftermkt one that comes with cool feature especially 100% assurance that windows are winded up after you lock your car:

éç¨äºæ¯å·´é²XV森æ人å²èåç®èªå¨åçªå¨åè§éæå å¨æ¯å·´é²æ¹è£ https://m.ezbuy.sg/product/51000111208877?src=Background

Go to Aestmod to fix it at sgd60-80 cos cannot remember liao.

Cheers.

Richard

Definitely a better deal compared to MI's.
↡ Advertisement