2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

If combustion is better, tuning it definitely helps to get the full benefit. It looks quite expensive thou, and there's a new power supply/converter that needs to be maintained. Good for those aiming for high performance mods I guess  [laugh]

Yes... I guessed that the main stream have not adopted it yet, hence higher cost. Hopefully, in future perhaps; petrol engines might not need spark plugs anymore!

Anyway, mods usually goes in a way; that after dealing with this "issue". there will be another had to be taken care of...

For example; high air flow filters... allows more particles of large dimensions into cylinder..  more contaminants into cylinder... dirtier engine, dirtier engine oil... more wear and tear... frequent engine oil change to prevent damage... but might get better performance... Trade off, I guessed...

Or Higher rated pressure radiator cap... assist the cooling system to run more efficient... but subject the cooling system to higher pressure and heat... joints might leak and material lifespan might be shorter...

haha... I guessed that's life...

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

Thanks for bro yellobie with FL fna who took the risk to pay deposit and tried out the module for very much preferred speed activated auto central lock, harzard lights on when door opens and when your reverse as well as other functions.

After 3 failed modules and sgd200 poorer, I am pleased to inform also FL fxt bros that this sgd128 also working in my ride.

You can call seller Jeff who also own a Feb 2018 fna at 91849815 to go to Jalan Kayu to fix yours if interested.

Please do not ask me for the brand although I am familiar with these modules and tiong sellers as it is seller's solution and he is doing this for part time income.

Cheers.

Richard

thanks Richard, i think I will be going to him soon.

Can't say much as these tyres are still in the running in phase. It does feel more comfortable and quieter compared to stock Yokohama Geolander. Over the speed regulating strips, these tyres actually absorb quite well. I'm not sure how much does the larger size of the Michelin contribute to the comfort thou. The Michelin are 23mm bigger in diameter. 

Didn't had the chance to test the wet grip for Geolander, so will never know the difference lol.

Both set of tyres are pump to 215 kPa (warm tyres).

Hi Yellobie,

Do you mind giving another update on the Primacy SUV tyres ?

Mine will be due for replacement soon, pondering over this and Primacy 3 ST.

Glad to know it's working for you as well. By the way, hard braking will activate the hazard light as well.

Cheers!

:)

thanks Richard, i think I will be going to him soon.

:) x2

Hi Yellobie,

Hi Tow,

Hope you had decided your priorities ....

Michelin SUV is for for SUV type of driving ... Primacy 3 ST is for comfort based performance driving.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Hi Tow,

Michelin SUV is for for SUV type of driving ... Primacy 3 ST is for comfort based performance driving.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Hi Richard,

My main considerations are noise and comfort. : )

Thks richard. Agree 225 is a tad small. Given the anal stock size of dueler,its squeaky hybrid nature and avg perf, i am incline to try out the mich st3 235 next.

Hi Tow,

Hope this helps.

Richard

didn't someone mention Latitude sports before? thought this should be good as well? for spirited drive...

>>>

Or Higher rated pressure radiator cap... assist the cooling system to run more efficient... but subject the cooling system to higher pressure and heat... joints might leak and material lifespan might be shorter...

if never boost higher than stock, no need lah... stock cooling should suffice for local conditions. else need bigger radiator to start with...

Hi Revenge,

Helps because dun have to manually press button for folding side mirror and then press door button to lock car.  I just press door button door and go ... 

Sure can pull out fob to assured doors are locked but quite some steps to put hands into pants pocket, pull out fob, look for lock button, press lock button, watch signal light flash once, put back fob into pocket .. and waste battery if already locked which I can see already folded side mirror right ??

It is just a save efforts and my limited brain cells thing ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

agree with Richard, once migrate to keyless, won't wanna even bring the fob out at all.

mine is in bigger keypouch with my house keys and coins. feel so leh-cheh if i ever wanna confirm lock from far using keyfob nowadays...

Yes... I guessed that the main stream have not adopted it yet, hence higher cost. Hopefully, in future perhaps; petrol engines might not need spark plugs anymore!

Anyway, mods usually goes in a way; that after dealing with this "issue". there will be another had to be taken care of...

For example; high air flow filters... allows more particles of large dimensions into cylinder.. more contaminants into cylinder... dirtier engine, dirtier engine oil... more wear and tear... frequent engine oil change to prevent damage... but might get better performance... Trade off, I guessed...

Ya, they are always a balance. For now, am holding off performance mod partly due to warranty period.

I think by the time I’m changing car, electric or hybrid engines will be the more common workhorse? The instantaneous torque from electric engines are really cool, and will love to try it out someday.

Hi Yellobie,

So far I’m very happy with the Primacy SUV. Comfortable, quieter than stock Geolander, and able to handle well on wet grounds. Price is also lower than Primacy 3 ST.

Not sure what rims you are using, but options are quite limited on stock rims, and for 17”, you can only choose a smaller tyre for Primacy 3 ST

Ya, they are always a balance. For now, am holding off performance mod partly due to warranty period.

I think by the time I’m changing car, electric or hybrid engines will be the more common workhorse? The instantaneous torque from electric engines are really cool, and will love to try it out someday.

I guessed that the current moment, our infrastructure is still unable to support electric cars efficiency. If I do not remember wrongly, in Year 2012/3. ABB did install two EV chargers in their compound and the EVs were Nissan Leaf. Recently there is the blueSG? Electric car rental if I am not wrong? I remembered vaguely that Tua Power too, had a few EV charging stations.

Within the span of these few years, the higher growth of the EV chargers were; when blueSG started to invest into it and rent out EVs in SG?

I guessed will still need more influence or support from the polices for EVs to take off? But I assumed that there are very little incentives for the government to push for EVs for private usage in SG. As there would be consideration on the investment of the infrastructure for EVs. Not to mention for private entity; on the return of investment if they do invest into it.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/electricity-retailer-red-dot-power-to-install-50-ev-charging-stations-by-end-2019

At the same time, our power generation are mostly based on Natural Gas Combine Cycle Plants. Solar or other renewable source is of very low percentage. To have more EVs and lesser traditional fuel cars do not provide much difference too.

I believe, they will rather encourage the public to use the public transport instead... I had also noticed that it seems that to encourage people to use public transport, our policies seems to be very tolerant towards bike-sharing (where bikes were just simply parked any and everywhere), PMDs. ( Reports of dangerous riding or high speed riding) and allowing different mode of transport onto the pavement.

I remembered that many years ago, pavement were not for bicycles and bicycles are supposed to be pushed across the crossing and not ridden across.

Well, I guessed that things are getting topsy turvy....

Edited by OnceInALifeTime

didn't someone mention Latitude sports before? thought this should be good as well? for spirited drive...

if never boost higher than stock, no need lah... stock cooling should suffice for local conditions. else need bigger radiator to start with...

agree with Richard, once migrate to keyless, won't wanna even bring the fob out at all.

mine is in bigger keypouch with my house keys and coins. feel so leh-cheh if i ever wanna confirm lock from far using keyfob nowadays...

Hi Sarion,

Chucky is the bro on lattitude sport which is a tad more on performance with betta grip but more noisy.

Believe his is 235/55/18 lattitude sports which dun have profile 235/50/18 like primacy 3 st that I am using for our fxt .. you can also have primacy 3 st 225/55/18 if you want even less noisy and more forgiving on bump since profile 55 has more rubber but sacrifice even more on performance .. may try this next ..lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

My main considerations are noise and comfort. : )

Hi Tow,

Then michelin SUV.

Cheers.

Richard

From my experience, MI and SE are not willing to give a lot. If the auto door lock is $360, you probably won't get it. I tried to ask for window visors also didn't get, haha. Managed to get car mats, solar film (excluding sunroof), cargo tray and sun shades only. Topped up $500 for auto folding mirrors (which I personally think is quite unnecessary) and 2way camera.

i think end of the day it depends on the SE. I manage to get autofold mirror, the 3m like mat, the speedlock and i took their lousy solar film too. my SE offered me the two channel camera, i declined and used the 350 for the camera to get the front sensor as the missus is not too confident with a SUV in Singapore and also pay part of other accessories.

oh that is a very complete list! too bad i cant praise it. when was the stock level given to you? 

oh that is a very complete list! too bad i cant praise it. when was the stock level given to you? 

Hi KC, while i agree that there is potentially safety issues like kids or pets getting trapped in a car, i think end of the day, a good practice is to bring the keys with you even if you are alighting for just 1 minute. if the remote doesn't work, pull out the key and open it manually. 

Edited by Zpliu

2mil posts and counting! This thread needs some exterior mod photos! [:p]

Anyone running STI rims? can share pics?

Wanna change BBK hence need change rims, but prefer OE look.

2mil posts and counting! This thread needs some exterior mod photos! [:p]

Anyone running STI rims? can share pics?

Wanna change BBK hence need change rims, but prefer OE look.

Saw some post on STI rims in the SGSJ Facebook group with pictures, can go take a look there.

I'm also thinking of switching to STI rims after I'm done with my stock tires, upgrade the rubber and rims together. Read somewhere that MI is selling at 800 plus per piece though...seems a bit steep to me. 

The week before last.

Oh gosh that means most likely still no pink spring available this week.
↡ Advertisement