2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Coil Spring need to indent.

Hi Snoopy, thanks for the tip. If need to indent then maybe I'll check with Lesun or buy from Japanparts. Will see what else i can spend the duo vouchers on while servicing Edited by Zpliu

Hi Scooby,

Sure .. a

Scorpion verdes was quieter than cpc6 and primacy st 3 is most quiet among all 3.

For me, quiet means lower volume of pitching or droning sound thst I find irritating as there is fixed pattern ... overall noise still depends very much on road surface of course.

Unfortunately, I changed out within 1-2 weeks and cannot say about their handling especially when wet but I drove up to KL on primacy 3 ST and it wss fine even when it rained.

Primacy 3 ST is and scorpion verdes I think was 235/50/18 and cpc 6 was 225/55/18 ... cpc6 I would not recommend since narrower and more rubber but still most noisy of thrm all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Richard

Hello Richard              

What is the 3 types tyre price at 225/55/R18?

Thanks

Hello Richard              

Thanks

I am thinking changing it to P3ST for better griping / braking performance and at the same time fixing the internal TPMS at the same time. 

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.205.944774843Np2LJ&id=548928922381

Consider getting this OBDII for add-on module

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079GHRHJC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_8?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B079GHRHJC&pd_rd_wg=r5g6Y&pd_rd_r=BG0JRR68TMERJVTK1561&pd_rd_w=r4n9N

Hello Richard

Thanks

Hi Quantum,

Only know mine 235/50/18 is 230/pc 4 mths ago.

Please call track/tyre:

TyreTrack & Accessories Trading

#01-03, Third Shop from Gantry, 2 Yishun Industrial Street 1, Singapore 768159

6339 3193 https://g.co/kgs/uRCF2B

Cheers.

Richard

I am thinking changing it to P3ST for better griping / braking performance and at the same time fixing the internal TPMS at the same time.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.205.944774843Np2LJ&id=548928922381

Consider getting this OBDII for add-on module

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079GHRHJC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_8?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B079GHRHJC&pd_rd_wg=r5g6Y&pd_rd_r=BG0JRR68TMERJVTK1561&pd_rd_w=r4n9N

Hi Snoopy,

Cool but just get same obd splitter for usd10 and not usd29 from taobao, ezby, aliexpress.

I decided again having in my android headunit as it was getting too complicated and juz use the steelmate solar display one which is portable.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Long,

The side mirror autofolding module shared already has these functionalities but guess you bought liao at sgd80 vs 60+.

Go Aestmod to install if needed for probably sgd50 .. they welcome owners buying their own toys unlike many other that are not keen to do it.

Cheer.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Saw some post on STI rims in the SGSJ Facebook group with pictures, can go take a look there.

I'm also thinking of switching to STI rims after I'm done with my stock tires, upgrade the rubber and rims together. Read somewhere that MI is selling at 800 plus per piece though...seems a bit steep to me. 

Hi Zpliu,

There is one thing that you might like to lookout is the maximum wheel load.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

So far I’m very happy with the Primacy SUV. Comfortable, quieter than stock Geolander, and able to handle well on wet grounds. Price is also lower than Primacy 3 ST.

Not sure what rims you are using, but options are quite limited on stock rims, and for 17”, you can only choose a smaller tyre for Primacy 3 ST

Hi Yellobie, I am using stock rim for FNA.

Hi Tow,

Then michelin SUV.

Cheers.

Richard

Looks like this is the one !  [:p] 

I guessed that the current moment, our infrastructure is still unable to support electric cars efficiency. If I do not remember wrongly, in Year 2012/3. ABB did install two EV chargers in their compound and the EVs were Nissan Leaf. Recently there is the blueSG? Electric car rental if I am not wrong? I remembered vaguely that Tua Power too, had a few EV charging stations.

Within the span of these few years, the higher growth of the EV chargers were; when blueSG started to invest into it and rent out EVs in SG?

I guessed will still need more influence or support from the polices for EVs to take off? But I assumed that there are very little incentives for the government to push for EVs for private usage in SG. As there would be consideration on the investment of the infrastructure for EVs. Not to mention for private entity; on the return of investment if they do invest into it.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/electricity-retailer-red-dot-power-to-install-50-ev-charging-stations-by-end-2019

At the same time, our power generation are mostly based on Natural Gas Combine Cycle Plants. Solar or other renewable source is of very low percentage. To have more EVs and lesser traditional fuel cars do not provide much difference too.

I believe, they will rather encourage the public to use the public transport instead... I had also noticed that it seems that to encourage people to use public transport, our policies seems to be very tolerant towards bike-sharing (where bikes were just simply parked any and everywhere), PMDs. ( Reports of dangerous riding or high speed riding) and allowing different mode of transport onto the pavement.

I remembered that many years ago, pavement were not for bicycles and bicycles are supposed to be pushed across the crossing and not ridden across.

Well, I guessed that things are getting topsy turvy....

Ya, blueSg is the electric car rental service.  Too bad our government are pro-petrol due to the oil refinery industry here. If not our electric car adoption will be much faster. Just look at the price of our hybrid cars  [smash]

I think if they expect more people to use public transport, they should at least buff up the system for such usage. Nowadays, the train delays are so common that it has become a norm. For the PMD stuffs, I feel government still having a hard time figuring out how to put them in place. There's no proper roads for them, and putting them on pavement are just causing too much issues. 

I believe in the future, maybe a decade or 2, we don't really need to own vehicles. Autonomous vehicles will be available everywhere, and they should be able to serve the need of the population. Autonomous vehicles with "hive brain" or a central control brain are going to be very efficient. Imagine all cars moving off together when the junction light turn green.

Hi Yellobie, I am using stock rim for FNA.

Looks like this is the one !  [:p] 

17"? You can try 225/65R17 for Primacy SUV. Slightly larger than stock size, but still within the 5% range of the speedometer.

Hi Quantum,

Only know mine 235/50/18 is 230/pc 4 mths ago.

Please call track/tyre:

TyreTrack & Accessories Trading

#01-03, Third Shop from Gantry, 2 Yishun Industrial Street 1, Singapore 768159

6339 3193 https://g.co/kgs/uRCF2B

Cheers.

Richard

Haha... didn't know that we support the same tyre shop. very nice chap that lee sheng guy, already asked him about the Primacy 3 ST, told me currently low stock level due to supply crunch from Thailand.

Hi Long,

The side mirror autofolding module shared already has these functionalities but guess you bought liao at sgd80 vs 60+.

Go Aestmod to install if needed for probably sgd50 .. they welcome owners buying their own toys unlike many other that are not keen to do it.

Cheer.

Richard

Thanks

Ya, blueSg is the electric car rental service.  Too bad our government are pro-petrol due to the oil refinery industry here. If not our electric car adoption will be much faster. Just look at the price of our hybrid cars  [smash]

I think if they expect more people to use public transport, they should at least buff up the system for such usage. Nowadays, the train delays are so common that it has become a norm. For the PMD stuffs, I feel government still having a hard time figuring out how to put them in place. There's no proper roads for them, and putting them on pavement are just causing too much issues. 

I believe in the future, maybe a decade or 2, we don't really need to own vehicles. Autonomous vehicles will be available everywhere, and they should be able to serve the need of the population. Autonomous vehicles with "hive brain" or a central control brain are going to be very efficient. Imagine all cars moving off together when the junction light turn green.

I can't really pin-point to our government being pro-petroleum or refinery industry. But I do see that to install the EV chargers will cost alot on the infrastructure. First, our electrical transmission cables are buried underground. If we are going to expand to capacity to accommodate the chargers in greater scale, we will have to upgrade our distribution network in Singapore. Power Generation Plants will be very happy! As currently, they are running at very low loads as we have too much excess capacity.

Perhaps, due to our solid infrastructure; any changes will require alot of time and resources. I guessed that technology changes at the speed that even any government have difficulties to keep up.

Pertaining to our trains; I felt that when It was first opened in 1987/88 till 2000s (?) Era of just north-south and east-west lines. There seems to be not much of major issues. The trains were made by Kawasaki (? If I didn't remember wrongly).

They were running fine and quite quiet on tracks... But in 2000s, it seems that there are alot of rumbling and screeching sounds surfacing during operation.

We do not really know what happened. However, based on media reports and speculations; it might be due to maintenance and the know-how on maintenance. The sad part is; we do not have any redundant tracks where the operations could still be available.

Perhaps, it is also due to the fact that it was running so fine that it was being neglected too. Currently, I guessed we are unsure if the reliability levels could be restored to the levels as before? LTA had brought back the infrastructure and operators operate the operations...

It will be very interesting to see the collaboration model working and not on the expense of the public.

PMDs issues really came as a surprised to the government; I guessed. As we are here discussing on how to improve performance of our vehicles, it will be of no difference to PMD riders too!

Moreover, it will be much easier to mod PMDs and cheaper too...

But I am wondering why LTA did not pay attention to motor-operated devices on the road? I thought that there are regular patrols of LTA officers and TP too?

Long before it was an issue; didn't the officers noticed the trends?

Or perhaps, patrolling duties had been sub-contracted to private companies; such as Aetos and they did not provide any feedback on the issues on the ground to authorities, as they were not required to and caused the authorities to lose track?

I felt, something is not right now and here. I am unsure why things in Singapore had turned out this way? Where are the civil servants that are supposed to perform their duties? Perhaps, there is a shortage of manpower? Or insufficient recruitment? Or to reduce public spending, certain non-critical duties are being subcontracted out?

Pertaining to AV, I guessed that we should hold the thought first. There were cases of fail trial. (Although, failure is unable to stop the progress of technological advancement or implementation.) The concern will be more on liabilities and accountability when accident happens between AV and human.

As we know, there is no 100% or perfection in system, machine or human. (Although, we always try to improvement and make things better. But what perceived as improvements, might be retrogression too.) AV will be even more common and higher frequency movement on the roads than trains on track. When accidents happen, where does the liabilities fall? (Yes. Even on trains, people fall or jump into tracks and we do see that barriers were installed to prevent people from jumping or falling into track)

The challenge will be; if we are able to create well-balanced and safe place for everyone in Singapore to live. This statement is in consideration of many factors involved. Hence, it is quite general and it is certainly a very big challenge!

Come across this side camera demo, seem interesting.

Maybe useful for parking or go up narrow spiral multi carpark.

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/creer/sck-47d1n/

haha... I had saw this... For your reference...

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/47805

Hi KC, yup will keep a lookout when I'm getting them. But i suppose the STI ones should not have any issues.

https://www.sti.jp/en/parts/forester_sj/wheel/SG217SG000/

$800 per rim is forged rim price. you will get a much bigger selection at good stores like Leong Seng... and potential for wider rim to accomodate wider tyre for more tyre choice next time.

also STI rim offset is +48 so still not near to flush. you can get up to ~ +40 to be almost flush. think +38 will be protruding for Subaru.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1