2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Haha... I guessed that you are right in a way. That's one of the reason why I brought forester xt and not Harriet turbo. Lower C.G. and awd.

I am also researching a lot on road handling mods. That's also the reason , I mentioned earlier that after exchanges with you here. I had realised many things! It is a SUV. To achieve performance of saloon will drastically change the vehicle! Well, eventually it is also down to individual preference... as this vehicle is so flexible that can mod to different purpose!!!

Haha... let me share with you my story.

I was not even at far West. Near southern part of sg. In a road works, halted to stationary, horned the diesel tanker and that fellow still crashed into me. As he was going into my path. My vehicle front was gone. The tanker got no difference.

Yup... the lower C.G and awd are still respective to other SUVs but still high if compared to sedans. (Pros is that you definitely can cross humps faster than sedans)

As for turning speed, I will say play safe to keep to the 50km/h on expressways. A good place to have a feel of the body roll is the KPE exit to ECP, the S turn always toss the backseat passengers around. As what Richard mentioned before abt the suspensions, the driver will not feel it even if you engage the turn at 70km/h as the driver seats btw the 2 suspensions (sweetest spot in our car) but the backseat passengers r directly on top of the rear suspension, thus all the body roll, up and downs and etc.

Share with you guys a story. There was once I was driving on NSHW at let's say a little fast speed. I and my co-driver were feeling very well but after the ride, my friend in the backseat told me he was scared shitless... he felt the whole car was vibrating and shaking all the time. (Wasn't driving XT btw)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Haha... I guessed that you are right in a way. That's one of the reason why I brought forester xt and not Harriet turbo. Lower C.G. and awd.

I am also researching a lot on road handling mods. That's also the reason , I mentioned earlier that after exchanges with you here. I had realised many things! It is a SUV. To achieve performance of saloon will drastically change the vehicle! Well, eventually it is also down to individual preference... as this vehicle is so flexible that can mod to different purpose!!!

Hi KC,

AWD is nice ... smaller turning radius than my scrapped estima and somehow feels confident on my 1st and only trip up nshwy for autofoam fix when it rained.

BTW, what are you getting your fxt as need you to spend some $ for mods to share your learning ..keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Well noted. Thanks for the advise.

yeah, I normally tries not to horn unless absolutely necessary, scared the driver in front tio stun and chu pattern.

Hi KC,

Makes sense and perhaps MI already have the record that new buyer of used FXT should be able to enquire on eo but if cvt oil being 50k km as just learn should be ok and brake fluid can probably performance idiot like me also can check ... keke !'

Cheers,

Richard

Hi KC,

Haha ... hope no one is fitting illegal air horn though I was tempted ! [:p]

Cheers,

Richard

Well, it is possible too. To check the maintenance records with MI. For brake fluid, as they are hydroscopic nature. Change to play safe. I agree that for cvt fluid 40k-50k change should be fine. But would depends usage conditions? For engine oil, about 5k change for short distance driving. I guessed that sg should be in that category.

Share with you guys a story. There was once I was driving on NSHW at let's say a little fast speed. I and my co-driver were feeling very well but after the ride, my friend in the backseat told me he was scared shitless... he felt the whole car was vibrating and shaking all the time. (Wasn't driving XT btw)

Hi Kurumanbo,

SGD60 for upgraded electric horns ... no brainer ... just wish can install air horns legally . :ninja:

Cheers,

Richard

Well, it is possible too. To check the maintenance records with MI. For brake fluid, as they are hydroscopic nature. Change to play safe. I agree that for cvt fluid 40k-50k change should be fine. But would depends usage conditions? For engine oil, about 5k change for short distance driving. I guessed that sg should be in that category.

Hi KC,

Waah ... 5k for synthetic eo ?

MI is 10k km even for Motul 300v but I will do at 7.5k km ... cheers,

Richard

yeah, I normally tries not to horn unless absolutely necessary, scared the driver in front tio stun and chu pattern.

Whoa! You will never know. Sometimes road rage start this way! Perhaps due to stressful lifestyle. Small issue, can spark up big fire!

Hi Kurumanbo,

SGD60 for upgraded electric horns ... no brainer ... just wish can install air horns legally . :ninja:

Cheers,

Richard

Hi KC,

Waah ... 5k for synthetic eo ?

MI is 10k km even for Motul 300v but I will do at 7.5k km ... cheers,

Richard

According to factory maintenance manual... Well, it depends on us too...

Hi KC,

AWD is nice ... smaller turning radius than my scrapped estima and somehow feels confident on my 1st and only trip up nshwy for autofoam fix when it rained.

BTW, what are you getting your fxt as need you to spend some $ for mods to share your learning ..keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Haha... sounds like scrambler, short wheelbase, small turning radius. Not sure yet. No info. I was earlier asking if any owners collected their fna, saw any fxt. Me not qualified to teach. Can only share. I had already brought the hose clamps and perrin steering lockdown. Thinking what is next to buy! Haha.

Hi Epsilon,

Congrt on your car collection.

This morning saw a SLZ 2XXX at west cost. Is that you?

By the way, may require some wiring modification to the harness for the AutoFold Mirror and Window module purchased from TB.

Refer to attached for reference.

Hi Richard, not that is not me. Mine is SDF plate.

Ok, will take note of the auto fold mirror wiring.

Now at Jalan kayu, price for autolock went up to $150. Jeff was saying the wiring is abit different from his FNA. He is still trying to figure out now.

Thanks

Whoa! You will never know. Sometimes road rage start this way! Perhaps due to stressful lifestyle. Small issue, can spark up big fire!

According to factory maintenance manual... Well, it depends on us too...

Haha... sounds like scrambler, short wheelbase, small turning radius. Not sure yet. No info. I was earlier asking if any owners collected their fna, saw any fxt. Me not qualified to teach. Can only share. I had already brought the hose clamps and perrin steering lockdown. Thinking what is next to buy! Haha.

Thinking what is next to buy! Haha.

Hi KC,

That I can help since 6 mths ahead of you ... keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi KC,

Makes sense and perhaps MI already have the record that new buyer of used FXT should be able to enquire on eo but if cvt oil being 50k km as just learn should be ok and brake fluid can probably performance idiot like me also can check ... keke !'

Cheers,

Richard

Hi KC,

Haha ... hope no one is fitting illegal air horn though I was tempted ! [:p]

Cheers,

Richard

You can put different horns then control thru switches! So in wild lands you use loud ones! Haha

(edited)

Now at Jalan kayu, price for autolock went up to $150. Jeff was saying the wiring is abit different from his FNA. He is still trying to figure out now.

Thanks

Hi Epsilon,

You are fast .. dun worry .. think Jeff just wants to make you feel 150 is well spent, he fitted me without problem and within 30 mins.

Enjoy this safety mod especially foe bros with kids and cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Thinking what is next to buy! Haha.

Hi KC,

That I can help since 6 mths ahead of you ... keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Haha... me taking it slow. Getting this vehicle with minimum loan use up a lot of my resources already.

Yup... the lower C.G and awd are still respective to other SUVs but still high if compared to sedans. (Pros is that you definitely can cross humps faster than sedans)

As for turning speed, I will say play safe to keep to the 50km/h on expressways. A good place to have a feel of the body roll is the KPE exit to ECP, the S turn always toss the backseat passengers around. As what Richard mentioned before abt the suspensions, the driver will not feel it even if you engage the turn at 70km/h as the driver seats btw the 2 suspensions (sweetest spot in our car) but the backseat passengers r directly on top of the rear suspension, thus all the body roll, up and downs and etc.

Haha... maybe that's the reason why there is no rear air vents!

(edited)

Thanks

Hi Epsilon,

Just heard from Jeff all ok ? Yes, his FNA was collected Feb 2018 and like mine is latest version D ... not sure yours.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Epsilon,

Just heard from Jeff all ok ? Yes, his FNA was collected Feb 2018 and like mine is latest version D ... not sure yours.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard,

How do we determine the version of our ride ?

(edited)

Richard,

How do we determine the version of our ride ?

Hi TowTan,

Here based on mfg dates:

Adaptive car sign: A
 November 2012 - October 2013

Adaptive model code: B
 November 2013 - October 2014

Adaptive model code: C
 November 2014 - October 2015

Adaptive car sign: D
 November 2015 ~

Cheers,

Richard

Haha... me taking it slow. Getting this vehicle with minimum loan use up a lot of my resources already.

Hi KC,

Indeed ... can't wait for next 4 months  [bounce2]

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi TowTan,

Here based on mfg dates:

Adaptive car sign: A
 November 2012 - October 2013

Adaptive model code: B
 November 2013 - October 2014

Adaptive model code: C
 November 2014 - October 2015

Adaptive car sign: D
 November 2015 ~

Cheers,

Richard

Is manufacturing date = registration date of new car ?

Else where can I find it ?

Is manufacturing date = registration date of new car ?

Else where can I find it ?

Hi Towtan,

Of course not ... your car cannot be registered at LTA on the day it was manufactured at Fuji Industries Japan, right ?

Unfortunately did not venture seek where to find the mfg date there since mine is booked and manufactured after Oct 2017 which means I know it is version D ...  try the metal template at the side of car chassis which also tells you perhaps color code and vin# ?

Sorry, cannot advise you better.

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement