2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

HI Towtan,

Lol but more seriously, it also happens to me ... and more often then before after my 55th bird-day :(

However, still had not figured out mfg month vs version # to share with you :( x2

Cheers,

Richard

Richard,

Check the link —> https://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/15/determine-car-model-year-vin/

My 10th character is “G”, so it’s a 2016 model.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Richard,

Frankly, I have zero knowledge in your field.

Usually, when I drive. I do not have the radio or player on. Only occasionally.... Very occasionally.

I love to observe the sound of the engine, or vehicle operation. I can't really describe. To me, even my spouse talk to me when I am driving. Can be very distracting. hahaha...

Perhaps, I am the odd one.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Haha... I like your attitude. I'm the same as you when it comes to food, never like to dip into different sauces and try to always eat with either no sauce or just some soya or even salt if I really need to dip. My wife always says I'm boring but I feel like I can enjoy the original taste more this way.

Hi Yellobie,

Having tweeters pointed to your ears is not the same as having them at ear level unless you look down and tilt your heard towards the tweeter ... the high stool watching TV analogy still hold true.  As your had rightfully said, it is a journey and do try having them at ear level when you have the chance ... then you will have only left-right to tune and not up-down also.  This is one of the 2 key reasons to graduate to 3 way that WILL sound better since there is much less tuning of midrange frequency which are already on your A pillar compared to trying to tune them upwards from the midbass drivers mount on door facing your knees ... and of course as well as having another speaker to share complex frequency load.

Last pointer from what you mentioned is that while on-axis in theory sounds right with best response curve, you will not want especially your right tweeter to point directly towards your ears else it will cause "beaming" which will be often bright sounding and you cannot enjoy your music for long.  More often then not, we angled the passenger speakers to the left side of driver headrest and driver's speakers to the right side of  passenger's headrest to avoid this "beaming".

Still, do you amp gain which I cannot emphasize enough and you get easily google for instructions how to do so .. you would not want impedance mismatch to prevent whatever equipment you have to sound its best with lacking dynamics and worst still, hear distortions as shown in my previous photos of scoped signals ... wonder why some music or part of music sounds unbearably bright.

That's all ... enjoy your journey !!

Cheers,

Richard

Really nice sharing on the sound tuning part. I think it is one part that a lot of pple do not consider as sound bounces off surfaces and the distance and angle that they come into our ears are just if not even more important than the hardware. No point having the best hardware but the spacial configuration is wrong.

Mimicking a physics experiement that I did back in my school days, 1 day I went around my room in the house to listen to the different pockets of rarefraction and compression (my mum thought I was a mad man putting my head at random empty spaces in my room). If it so happens that a pocket of rarefraction occurs at your most frequent position (ie sitting in front of your desk), then all those hardwares are wasted as you are missing out on all the sound waves from your system. I believe a car is the same plus different people have different heights and even seat heights, so some testing is always good.

Speaker upgrade day for my NA

Subaru OEM parts so direct mounting and plug and play wiring made for a fast and easy fitting. Very obvious improvement in both bass punch and clarity and well worth it for the cost of US$280

post-157347-0-71304300-1526098035_thumb.jpg

post-157347-0-16229500-1526098043_thumb.jpg

post-157347-0-09627900-1526098058_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

(edited)

Haha... I like your attitude. I'm the same as you when it comes to food, never like to dip into different sauces and try to always eat with either no sauce or just some soya or even salt if I really need to dip. My wife always says I'm boring but I feel like I can enjoy the original taste more this way.

Hi Kurumanbo,

Life is short .. much shorter than what cold reality of life often allow us to ponder over before it is too late.

Constant struggle to keep afloat and care of our love ones also are not easy to manage and confuses us often ...

My take while still learning and trying which I dun think will stop is ... whatever that rocks your boat. However, be thinking and do try new things at least once to decide if it is for you before settling back to the original if not better.

Think life is not much more than experience and resultant memories while they last and before we walk the final path alone .. except our COs and love ones since seen all who tried struggled even more .. lol and it is not Sunday yet !

Cheers.

Richard

Richard,

Check the link â> https://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/15/determine-car-model-year-vin/

My 10th character is âGâ, so itâs a 2016 model.

Hi TowTan,

Should be version C or even B then since my check indicated 2018 model when built in Oct 2017 ...just guessing.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Hi Kurumanbo!

haha!!! I assumed that you had misunderstood me... It is not an attitude of mine!

As it is really happening to me; as a person. I am just unable to "work" with music or songs... I also do not know why??? In fact, I am quite curious.

For example; in my youth... My peers might be with earphones on walkman and studying... I just can't do it! As it is a distraction to me, or I term it as noisy...

When driving, if I leave the radio or player on. It is like noise to me and end up, it seems that I do need more concentration on the road and end up not listening to it at all.

Perhaps, the only time the radio or play is on; when driving up north, and my spouse want to listen to her favourite songs but at times when traffic or weather conditions got bad and I do need to concentrate. I will automatically reach for the "Off" button to kill it!!! hahaha....

Or when I am waiting in the vehicle for her, will listen to radio for news.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Edited by OnceInALifeTime

(edited)

Really nice sharing on the sound tuning part. I think it is one part that a lot of pple do not consider as sound bounces off surfaces and the distance and angle that they come into our ears are just if not even more important than the hardware. No point having the best hardware but the spacial configuration is wrong.

Mimicking a physics experiement that I did back in my school days, 1 day I went around my room in the house to listen to the different pockets of rarefraction and compression (my mum thought I was a mad man putting my head at random empty spaces in my room). If it so happens that a pocket of rarefraction occurs at your most frequent position (ie sitting in front of your desk), then all those hardwares are wasted as you are missing out on all the sound waves from your system. I believe a car is the same plus different people have different heights and even seat heights, so some testing is always good.

Hi Kurumanbo,

Most welcomed and at the risk of some master tuners reading this to correct me, indeed car environment with mentioned reflecting and absorbing surfaces especially glass windows is a nightmare as compared to home audio setup level.

However, listening to car audio setup differs in what is known as near field listening which does have the advantage of greater details and impact in an enclosed area ... more like PC audio set up than dedicated or home system set up.

Equipment do matter in the area of SNR or signal to noise ratio. In simple term, stock headunit plays the same audio signal as compared to my souped up system but the latter with less noise, distortion etc. that allows me to hear purer reproduced sound waves generated from this audio signal and hence we say it sounds better. You will also find that we can crank up the volume to heard even greater details but yet able to hold conversation at despite seemingly high volume.

Installation positioning of tweeters or midrange drivers in 3 way system in A pillars had been mentioned and unlike USA LHD owners,it is difficult for us to install kick panel speakers at pedals to direct midbass speaker towards us. For this, at the least, SP like stp gold/bomb/Artis is also part of installation which we typically apply to insides of door panel to alleviate vibration as sound waves hits to in turn generate more reflected sound waves. We also typically apply absorbing e.g. thinsulate or open cells foam and further damping stp into the plastic panel to avoid hearing its vibration or "singing" that blurs with actual sound waves we want to hear.

Tuning acheives further improvement of your installed car audio system to be nearer to what was played and recorded ... also help workaround these installation limitation as well as ensure best possible performance out of your equipment .. gain matching is one but too much and too boring to elaborate there further.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

:a-good: Glad you enjoy your setup! Will you mind sharing which amp and/or dsp you use? And for this Tempo Ultra, do you find the bass lacking?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm running the speakers directly from the Android HU now with a lower power capabilities, and the woofers seems to be weaker in the bass section. I suspect it's due to the low power, but can't confirm that's the case. 

Ground Zero GZDSP 4.60ISO 

http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/products/amplifiers_/gzdsp-460iso.html

bass ok lah, i am not a loud bass person, more looking for tight bass.

if u need audition this setup PM me and maybe we can set up a meeting. 

Hi Kurumanbo!

haha!!! I assumed that you had misunderstood me... It is not an attitude of mine!

As it is really happening to me; as a person. I am just unable to "work" with music or songs... I also do not know why??? In fact, I am quite curious.

For example; in my youth... My peers might be with earphones on walkman and studying... I just can't do it! As it is a distraction to me, or I term it as noisy...

When driving, if I leave the radio or player on. It is like noise to me and end up, it seems that I do need more concentration on the road and end up not listening to it at all.

Perhaps, the only time the radio or play is on; when driving up north, and my spouse want to listen to her favourite songs but at times when traffic or weather conditions got bad and I do need to concentrate. I will automatically reach for the "Off" button to kill it!!! hahaha....

Or when I am waiting in the vehicle for her, will listen to radio for news.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

I am like that too. Can’t stand music while in car but my darling likes to listen.

I am like that too. Can’t stand music while in car but my darling likes to listen.

haha... So I guessed that I am not just the odd one out!

Would you find multi-tasking difficult or almost impossible?

haha... So I guessed that I am not just the odd one out!

Would you find multi-tasking difficult or almost impossible?

Still can multitask, not a problem.

(edited)

I am like that too. Canât stand music while in car but my darling likes to listen.

Hi may_dream,

Waah ..can't stand is a strong word ... perhaps need an upgrade of your car audio system or in general dun care for any music in your life ?

For me driving down the hwy with donald fagen's IGY is a luxury in life !!

Nightfly https://g.co/kgs/vTVjPa

....https://youtu.be/sogYgHlNnqo...

While at it, hope you enjoy this clip on another of his song:

But if you are towards 50s, you may have heard this great song of his:

.....https://youtu.be/5SOI_Yl_0e8....

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi may_dream,

Waah ..can't stand is a strong word ... perhaps need an upgrade of your car audio system or in general dun care for any music in your life ?

For me driving down the hwy with donald fagen's IGY is a luxury in life !!

Nightfly https://g.co/kgs/vTVjPa

....https://youtu.be/sogYgHlNnqo...

While at it, hope you enjoy this clip on another of his song:

But if you are towards 50s, you may have heard this great song of his:

Cheers.

Richard

Hahaha... ya, I don’t listen to music at all. The only time I listen to music is in car when my darling wants to listen. If not, silence is golden to my ears.
  • Praise 2

Speaker upgrade day for my NA

Subaru OEM parts so direct mounting and plug and play wiring made for a fast and easy fitting. Very obvious improvement in both bass punch and clarity and well worth it for the cost of US$280

Nice! Where did you get that?

Long

Nice! Where did you get that?

Long

Hi Long,

These are tweeters and door speakers made by kickers for subaru as upgrade kit.

You can search from amazon or ebay but do get the mounting upgrade which will also make a difference.

Cheers.

Richard

haha... That's very good for you!!!

I totally can't multi-task well. You do have a very unique capability. :)

Hahaha... isn’t multi-tasking an easy feat for women?