2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)

Hi Richard,

haha... Different device manufacturer will have different claims on their product effectiveness.

It seems like its down individual beliefs on whichever device manufacturer claims.

Anyway, looking at the end result. Be it install AOS, Catch Cans or no installation. It would be either having more carbon built up or prevention. There is no actual data too.

End of the day, I believe vehicle will still move. If can't be driven or having problems; I believe we will just get to the workshop to resolve.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

HinKC,

Just have have to approach anything with logics and reasonableness since we can never have all the facts but fundamental helps and should be statistically ok even if it does end up a mistake .. just a car and we can learnt from it instead of wondering forever like ny OCT in qashqai that is running betta than other similarly affected ones.

Was about to write to IAG and looking for their contact to see this:

https://www.iagperformance.com/IAG-Comp-Air-Oil-Separator-AOS-Subaru-WRX-STI-p/iag-eng-7251.htm

I have no further doubt since I am in Engrg and will trust mfgr's design to install to coolant since having decided to install the AOS in the 1st place and not able respond further on this topic since I am a noob on performance and no wish to further embarass myself.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-56409700-1526486387_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

HinKC,

Just have have to approach anything with logics and reasonableness since we can never have all the facts but fundamental helps and should be statistically ok even if it does end up a mistake .. just a car and we can learnt from it instead of wondering forever like ny OCT in qashqai that is running betta than other similarly affected ones.

Was about to write to IAG and looking for their contact to see this:

https://www.iagperformance.com/IAG-Comp-Air-Oil-Separator-AOS-Subaru-WRX-STI-p/iag-eng-7251.htm

I have no further doubt since I am in Engrg and will trust mfgr's design to install to coolant since having decided to install the AOS in the 1st place and not able respond further on this topic since I am a noob on performance and no wish to further embarass myself.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I am approaching the topic with logic and reasonableness. Please do point out if there are situations where it differ.

In the discussion, the objective is not about being right or wrong. But to seek solution.

There are tons of performance part manufactures might claim wonders of what their product could do. I believe that alot of us do have queries and one of the method to seek views through public domain.

Precisely, as we are in engineering; we would think from an engineering perspective. In the situation of AOS or OCC, we will look at the volume of the container, Flowrate of the Gases, Temperature of the Gases and Flow velocity too.

In situation of filters, we would consider the filteration efficiency... High Pressure rated radiator caps, if it really enable the system to be more thermodynamically efficient? So on... So forth...

It will also be beneficial for the community too. Especially, when subsequently we are able to determine if it is being "mythbusted"

There is no personal agenda or interest are in the discussions. Neither is there anything to be embarrassed...

"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

-- Ron Wild

Thank you so much for the exchanges, which enable learnings.

Best regards,

K. C.

(edited)

Hi All,

For any bro planning to get the IAG AOS, please avoid this ebay seller .. there is another ebay seller to select.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-47966800-1526516422_thumb.png

post-149594-0-49855300-1526516435_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Learnt a lot of new things. Sorry if I provided wrong information on my part and caused some confusion.

One thing I would like to clarify is the function of the turbo charger. I understand how that it is meant to provide compressed air into the engine. So the compressed air is meant to provide more oxygen per unit volume or simply to increase the per unit volume of air in the engine regardless the composition of the air?

Edited by Kurumanbo

Learnt a lot of new things. Sorry if I provided wrong information on my part and caused some confusion.

One thing I would like to clarify is the function of the turbo charger. I understand how that it is meant to provide compressed air into the engine. So the compressed air is meant to provide more oxygen per unit volume or simply to increase the per unit volume of air in the engine regardless the composition of the air?

Hi Kurumanbo,

Please kindly refer to the following:

https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbo_tech_basic

From the "Turbo tech" section...

In fact, if I am not wrong... XT turbo is by Honeywell Garrett. :)

Have fun in the site!

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Hi All,

For any bro planning to get the IAG AOS, please avoid this ebay seller .. there is another ebay seller to select.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi bros,

Excellent read here on AOS and in particular why IAG AOS:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2682100

Need to clarify with BKS if indeed coolant is routed as it seems at least 1 owner who fitted it there did not get a clear response

Cheers.

Richard

PS: No response yet from ebay seller and absolutely no idea when I will receive and install in .. keke !

(edited)

Hi Guys,

No commission for me but thought good bbk alterative with new StopTech distroship by Class Auto:

http://classauto.com.sg

Please for call them for introductory to enquire details:

Trophy series (Tracking and daily drive)

*Set 1*

6/4 - usual price $9980

*Set 2*

4/2 - usual price $8800

Performance series cost (daily drive)

*Set 3*

6/4 - usual price $8280

*Set 4*

4/2 - usual price $7280

P.s. those who want 6/2 is the same price as 6/4

*Price quote will come with 2 piece Aero rotor with parts made in USA; installment plan available*

http://www.stoptech.com/products/big-brake-kits

http://www.stoptech.com/products/rotors/stoptech-aero-rotors

Especially the trophy series, the seemingly etched logo is very nice and of course geniuine from distroship and not reseller which is importsnt to me as well as I think got dust boot which I also value unless you track and disassemble to clean it. Performance series looks normal like brembo.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-95716600-1526623948_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

Hi bros,

Not sure if previously shared but our FC is not in vain with AWD .. what prices safety for you and your loved ones ?

It is now no wonder to me why I felt confident at 140kmhr in the rain on nshway to KL for my autofoam SP effort.

<<

>>

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

any recommended workshop to install the Double DIN HU?

Thanks

Long

Hi Long,

Yellobie can diy or Aestmod c/o Ah Boon at 23 Geylang Lorong 11 from me since I am regular there and they are also experienced in selling/installing their own brand of Android HU but dun mind owners bring their own .. call me if any issue. Any other car accessories shop also can do if not into processor, amps and need tuning.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: pls call 1st for availability if going aestmod

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Bros,

One boo boo from me is on getting mishimoto thermostat changed for stock which cost almost sgd300 including 2 can of coolant needed to replace when drained and workmanship.

The idea of this lower temp rated thermostat is to activate fan to run coolant radiator earlier which in turn lower engine temp and preserve eo but since our ambient temp is high, it just shoot pass the rated 78 deg C to stock thermostat's 88 deg C to above 90-almost 100 deg C i.e. use this only if you are in temperature or cold countries.

Btw, 120 deg C is the reported max temp before shit happens but pls go ws if consistently higher than 100 drg C.

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Hi Bros,

One boo boo from me is on getting mishimoto thermostat changed for stock which cost almost sgd300 including 2 can of coolant needed to replace when drained and workmanship.

The idea of this lower temp rated thermostat is to activate fan to run coolant radiator earlier which in turn lower engine temp and preserve eo but since our ambient temp is high, it just shoot pass the rated 78 deg C to stock thermostat's 88 deg C to above 90-almost 100 deg C i.e. use this only if you are in temperature or cold countries.

Btw, 120 deg C is the reported max temp before shit happens but pls go ws if consistently higher than 100 drg C.

Cheers.

Richard

I don’t quite understand your post. Why do you say “boo boo”? Did the low temp thermostat not work?

Anyway, low temp thermostat is more applicable if you track or drive very long distances.

It’s beneficial for the engine oil to warm up quickly and reach the optimum working temp range as soon as possible. For short trips, I’m not sure if the low temp thermostat will slow down the warming up of the engine oil.

And from what I’ve read in online forums and heard from local workshops, mishimoto product quality and reliability is sometimes hit and miss... I hope you didn’t face any issue for your thermostat

Edited by Jamesgetz

Hi Guys,

No commission for me but thought good bbk alterative with new StopTech distroship by Class Auto:

http://classauto.com.sg

Please for call them for introductory to enquire details:

Trophy series (Tracking and daily drive)

*Set 1*

6/4 - usual price $9980

*Set 2*

4/2 - usual price $8800

Performance series cost (daily drive)

*Set 3*

6/4 - usual price $8280

*Set 4*

4/2 - usual price $7280

P.s. those who want 6/2 is the same price as 6/4

*Price quote will come with 2 piece Aero rotor with parts made in USA; installment plan available*

http://www.stoptech.com/products/big-brake-kits

http://www.stoptech.com/products/rotors/stoptech-aero-rotors

Especially the trophy series, the seemingly etched logo is very nice and of course geniuine from distroship and not reseller which is importsnt to me as well as I think got dust boot which I also value unless you track and disassemble to clean it. Performance series looks normal like brembo.

Cheers.

Richard

Gorgeous looking brakes!

(edited)

I donât quite understand your post. Why do you say âboo booâ? Did the low temp thermostat not work?

Anyway, low temp thermostat is more applicable if you track or drive very long distances.

Itâs beneficial for the engine oil to warm up quickly and reach the optimum working temp range as soon as possible. For short trips, Iâm not sure if the low temp thermostat will slow down the warming up of the engine oil.

And from what Iâve read in online forums and heard from local workshops, mishimoto product quality and reliability is sometimes hit and miss... I hope you didnât face any issue for your thermostat

Hey James,

Sorry for being not clear ... boo boo mean wasted efforts and $300 on this coolant thermostat to run fan at 78 deg C instead of stock's 88 deg C.

Since our usual engine/eo operating temp is already 88 to 100 deg C in nice tropical Singapore of high ambience temp of 28 to 34 deg C, difference between this and stock is probably earlier turning on fan by few seconds which in my opinion serves no purpose.

It may work in temperature or cold winter countries where ambience temp is say 0 to 10 deg and engine/eo operating temp is say 75-90 deg C and you want coolant fan to run when coolant is at lower >78 deg C and not >88 deg C. Make sense or perhaps I had misunderstood ?

In short, my engine/eo still runs at 88-100 deg C.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: WS quite steady and test the mishimoto thermostat with thermometer and hot water to ensure working at about 78 deg before fitting .. no worry there.

Edited by richard_crl032

(edited)

@Richard_crl032 Hi Richard did u mention previously that you installed auto dimming rear view?

Edited by Zpliu
  • Praise 1

Hey James,

Sorry for being not clear ... boo boo mean wasted efforts and $300 on this coolant thermostat to run fan at 78 deg C instead of stock's 88 deg C.

Since our usual engine/eo operating temp is already 88 to 100 deg C in nice tropical Singapore of high ambience temp of 28 to 34 deg C, difference between this and stock is probably earlier turning on fan by few seconds which in my opinion serves no purpose.

It may work in temperature or cold winter countries where ambience temp is say 0 to 10 deg and engine/eo operating temp is say 75-90 deg C and you want coolant fan to run when coolant is at lower >78 deg C and not >88 deg C. Make sense or perhaps I had misunderstood ?

In short, my engine/eo still runs at 88-100 deg C.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: WS quite steady and test the mishimoto thermostat with thermometer and hot water to ensure working at about 78 deg before fitting .. no worry there.

OIC. Thanks for the explanation!

Hi Long,

Yellobie can diy or Aestmod c/o Ah Boon at 23 Geylang Lorong 11 from me since I am regular there and they are also experienced in selling/installing their own brand of Android HU but dun mind owners bring their own .. call me if any issue. Any other car accessories shop also can do if not into processor, amps and need tuning.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: pls call 1st for availability if going aestmod

Thanks Richard,

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1