2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Thanks Richard. Tempted to install but not fully convinced yet.

Thanks KC. Will add this to the pool of mods in future.

haha... Can take your time. No rush. There are plenty of avenue to obtain it!

↡ Advertisement

Hi , may I ask what’s the average mileage one full tank can get for FNA? 50/50 driving. Understand SUV is never FC friendly , but just wanna do my homework before making my decision .

(edited)

Hi , may I ask what’s the average mileage one full tank can get for FNA? 50/50 driving. Understand SUV is never FC friendly , but just wanna do my homework before making my decision .

One paper full tank is 60L, average tank ard 520km cos I hardly run till empty tank then go petrol kiosk, my FNA usually ran ard 9L/100KM, so abt 11KM/L smtg lidat. My best FC was driving in Malaysia NSHW, can clock the lowest 7.4/100KM = 13.5KM/L.

If FC is your concern, Forester not suit you bro! :a-whiteflag:

Edited by titaniclexus
  • Praise 1

Just to share i just swapped my stock BS Dueler H/L 400 for 235/55/R18 Michelin Latitude Sport 3 for $1k ($250×4).

First impression was very very nice! Instantly the grip was much better than before and the steering response was way better than the botak-ing Dueler HL400s. It was raining when i took them to Msia over the weekend and the wet grip was good too. Aqua planning was to the minimum when going over puddles of water on Msia B roads. Puts a grin on me for a cool $1k spent!

Bro, can share where you changed? PM me if not convenient. Thanks :)

Bro, can share where you changed? PM me if not convenient. Thanks :)

Sure bro, i changed at Leong Seng tyres @ Paya Ubi. I changed my last set of tyres with them too and had good experience so i gone back. I found some others like Kim Hoe abt same price. Cheers

One paper full tank is 60L, average tank ard 520km cos I hardly run till empty tank then go petrol kiosk, my FNA usually ran ard 9L/100KM, so abt 11KM/L smtg lidat. My best FC was driving in Malaysia NSHW, can clock the lowest 7.4/100KM = 13.5KM/L.

yes 50-50, sure can get 11km/ltr.

on NSH i nvr get anything more than 10km/ltr. we drive diff speeds.

• Praise 2

Sure bro, i changed at Leong Seng tyres @ Paya Ubi. I changed my last set of tyres with them too and had good experience so i gone back. I found some others like Kim Hoe abt same price. Cheers

Just to share i just swapped my stock BS Dueler H/L 400 for 235/55/R18 Michelin Latitude Sport 3 for $1k ($250Ã4).

First impression was very very nice! Instantly the grip was much better than before and the steering response was way better than the botak-ing Dueler HL400s. It was raining when i took them to Msia over the weekend and the wet grip was good too. Aqua planning was to the minimum when going over puddles of water on Msia B roads. Puts a grin on me for a cool $1k spent!

If you inflate the Michelin to front 260kpa and rear 250kpa when cold, the comfort level is the same as the stock Dueler at 230f/220r as the sidewall for the Dueler400 is stiffer.

Then rotate the tyres every 7k or so, front to rear, then cross rear to front and easily can last 50k.

• Praise 2

If you inflate the Michelin to front 260kpa and rear 250kpa when cold, the comfort level is the same as the stock Dueler at 230f/220r as the sidewall for the Dueler400 is stiffer.

Then rotate the tyres every 7k or so, front to rear, then cross rear to front and easily can last 50k.

The Michelin non directional? I was told our stock (FNA) is directional so MI only switch back to front. I'd prefer those non directional ones so that the wear is more even especially with the MSCP at home

(edited)

End of the day it's really dependent on our route. I go to work almost all Highway or major arterial road, but always ganna stuck at PIE Lornie exit in the morning. End up with about 10l/100km.

On days when I pick my wife up in Tuas, going home during evening peak, i can get sometimes even 6+litre/100km which is about 15km per litre?

To me the FC is not as bad, i think it is just slightly worst than the usual 1.6l sedan. Of cuz we cant compare to cars like CHR or Vezel hybrid.

Depending on your travelling time and or office location, you might be surprised with the FC actually.

Edited by Zpliu
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the tips! :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all owners who might like to self install Cusco Master Brake Cylinder on Forester XT,

It is quite an easy process; with fours bolts, one spacer and one washer to be used.

The only difficulty encountered was tight working space.

Only simple tools required. Allen Key and Spanners.

Part number as provided in the pictures for those who buy online.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Hi kc,

Can share which online website u bought from?

End of the day it's really dependent on our route. I go to work almost all Highway or major arterial road, but always ganna stuck at PIE Lornie exit in the morning. End up with about 10l/100km.

On days when I pick my wife up in Tuas, going home during evening peak, i can get sometimes even 6+litre/100km which is about 15km per litre?

To me the FC is not as bad, i think it is just slightly worst than the usual 1.6l sedan. Of cuz we cant compare to cars like CHR or Vezel hybrid.

Depending on your travelling time and or office location, you might be surprised with the FC actually.

I guessed that we would have to credit to the CVT. It certainly helped to optimise the power delivery and reduce consumption.

I had also realised that the accelerator control in automatic D mode is slightly different from AT D mode.

For example; in AT D mode; I would have to depress more to get to the engine speed required, slightly release the accelerator to enable to shift up. Whereas, for CVT D mode; I would just maintain a soft depress and the transmission system will perform everything.

It quite different from other CVT cars that I had tried previously; Nissan Latio and Mitsubishi Lancer.

Long lag feel in Latio and Lancer that previously caused me to avoid CVT vehicles.

But Honda Vezel's CVT not too bad too. Quite speedy.

Hi kc,

Can share which online website u bought from?

Hi.

I am not endorsing or recommending any sites.

There are few sites you can locate:

Rakuten, Japan Parts and RHD Japan.

These are the sites that I visit and source from.

I had purchased from RHD Japan.

I will recommend you to google/shop around and make your own decision.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Neutral Newbie

I guessed that we would have to credit to the CVT. It certainly helped to optimise the power delivery and reduce consumption.

I had also realised that the accelerator control in automatic D mode is slightly different from AT D mode.

For example; in AT D mode; I would have to depress more to get to the engine speed required, slightly release the accelerator to enable to shift up. Whereas, for CVT D mode; I would just maintain a soft depress and the transmission system will perform everything.

It quite different from other CVT cars that I had tried previously; Nissan Latio and Mitsubishi Lancer.

Long lag feel in Latio and Lancer that previously caused me to avoid CVT vehicles.

But Honda Vezel's CVT not too bad too. Quite speedy.

Hi.

I am not endorsing or recommending any sites.

There are few sites you can locate:

Rakuten, Japan Parts and RHD Japan.

These are the sites that I visit and source from.

I had purchased from RHD Japan.

I will recommend you to google/shop around and make your own decision.

Thank you.

Best regards,

K. C.

Thanks bro

Just to share i just swapped my stock BS Dueler H/L 400 for 235/55/R18 Michelin Latitude Sport 3 for $1k ($250×4).

Hi bro, just to check, you use the 235/55/18 Michelin Latitude Sport 3 on your stock XT rims or after market 18'' rims? XT rims can fit?

↡ Advertisement