2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)

Thanks Richard for the update. Can't praise you anymore due to limitations.

Wonder LHD seats would be suitable as it's more accessible than japan rhd.

Hi Kayaloti,

No problem but LHD seats are not likely to be suitable and please ensure that they are 2015 and 2016 wrx sti limited as I just found out that 2017/18 looks different with recaro wording as seen in these manual jdm ones without certainly that they are also plug and playl:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018SUBARU-WRX-STI-LIMITED-EDITION-STI-SUEDE-LEATHER-SEATS-SET-STi/283000970142?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Unfortunately, the passenger and driver seats were reworked and fitted on separately days and I was too excited to notice but the 4 bolts for each "corners" are 3 of the same and 1 being different which tells me that the mounting are different which will then no work with the seat belts and covers on the wrong side ... the railings need to stay on same side as they are mirror images. Perhaps can be modded but will not be plug and play then with a lot of uncertainties.

Moreover, usdm and jsdm seems may have different connectors as read from subaruforesterusa forum ... some had to splice wiring which will be beyond me with their 2017 fxt touring which I have little idea what that is: 

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/2015-wrx-seats-2014-forester-merged-thread-323049/index18.html

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-82457000-1528710045_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-61259500-1528710058_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

Hi Darren,

Passenger seat mod already done and updated to bros here on Saturday with photos (http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698911-2015-forester-20/page-298?do=findComment&comment=6439611) ... I was concerned only since then on the driver seat but all ok.

100% full functionalities like stock for both passenger and driver side ... now with added lumbar seat support that can be also be added to stock seats also:

https://www.amazon.com/Rostra-250-1454-ComfortSeat-Lumbar-Support/dp/B00D4BNU5Y

It is actually also better for me who has a long body and had my seating adjusted max all the way down ... while on the railing are original stock else wrx sti rails are way to low, the seat cushion is somewhat lower at your bum area while the thigh area is the same.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard

Many thanks for all the info. Very nice!!

Very very tempted but CFO says next year as we may need to shift house 1st. Also no space to store the original seats.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Hi Richard

Many thanks for all the info. Very nice!!

Very very tempted but CFO says next year as we may need to shift house 1st. Also no space to store the original seats.

post-149594-0-01144100-1528711473.jpg

post-149594-0-22713100-1528712241_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Darren,

Most welcomed .... and anytime !

Maybe start looking for them in Japan since it may take some time especially now shown to be easy fitting for bros here ... keke !!

Brand new is really too much and I am not sure if MI will help you but my contact estimated about sgd6k for the non preferred forester TS ones by some ... hence I did not hesitated with this pair when I saw them.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard!

Wow! 6k+! Ok I better monitor at Yahoo Jp.. hahaha.. maybe will poison myself on other things over there too.. hahaha

Thanks for the suggestion and advise!!

Cheers

Darren

(edited)

Hi Richard!

Wow! 6k+! Ok I better monitor at Yahoo Jp.. hahaha.. maybe will poison myself on other things over there too.. hahaha

Thanks for the suggestion and advise!!

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Haha .. even though I managed to get this used pair at a good price, it is still already 2k+ with all the uncertainties that fortunately turned out to be uneventful.

If brand new is 3-4k for jdm forester ts one that works for sure, I would have not attempted as I did and just stayed with stock seats.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi all,

new to MCF here. have to admit i have been a silent reader all along. cant wait to learn and listen to all the experts here...

I just collected my NA last month (Bronze Color) paid $93,300 for it, and I have to admit there are so many pages to read and poisons are aplenty.

Do not intend to do any mods on this car (family man now), having previously driven FD2R, Lexus IS250 and W212. Always wanted to try out a SUV and so here I am.

Richard, I am the poor victim whom ah boon called you last week to enquire about the autofold module I bought from Taobao. sadly, it still cannot work and I have since given up hope. Ah boon is kind enough to offer me a universal auto fold module at fraction of the price selling on Taobao.

Hope to learn more from you all here...

Mods that I planning to do,

1. Tyre upgrade without upsizing

2. Brake Pads

Hi,

I bought auto folding module : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Auto-power-window-closer-mirror-folder-for-Subaru-power-window-closer-module-window-roll-up/32818299551.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5dec4c4d325Eoa

Confirmed it works after swap the wires. 

Long

• Praise 3

I might have missed the post somewhere. Mind sharing which pin to swop? Gotten one sometimes back and it won't work.

I might have missed the post somewhere. Mind sharing which pin to swop? Gotten one sometimes back and it won't work.

Hi Kayaroti,

Please see KC's post in previous page on swap of pin#11 and 13 as well as pin#24 and 25.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi bro, can pm me the contacts? Thanks in advance.

Hi justgoodtrade,

Steering wheel leather wrapping upholstery service by Wheelskinz for S$110 https://sg.carousell.com/p/123707170

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi Long,

thanks for the link. I got a universal auto fold module from Ah Boon (heard it fits most car) and have it installed. :)

• Praise 1

Hi JustGoodTrades,

Most welcomed ... we like company over at the dark side ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

The only dark side i have changed so far is the STI brake pads by MI. Just to share, i paid 220, excluding gst. It was 270, minus 50 with 8,000 duo points. Not too bad though not fantastic. Maybe 20 percent improvement. I am still waiting for warranty to be over before i change to a pair of brembo front 4 pots (now sitting in my store room)

(edited)

The only dark side i have changed so far is the STI brake pads by MI. Just to share, i paid 220, excluding gst. It was 270, minus 50 with 8,000 duo points. Not too bad though not fantastic. Maybe 20 percent improvement. I am still waiting for warranty to be over before i change to a pair of brembo front 4 pots (now sitting in my store room) ð

Hi JustGoodTrade,

Ummh ... warranty is 3 yrs which I am unsure how long more for you and such a waste with brembo front 4 pots sitting in your alibaba cave which would be much much betta than just sti pads.

Just me but I would not have compromise on safety for my fxt which is quite nicely powered and spent sgd270 ... I did get my faulty left bearing from factory claimed under warranty at MI TPY after few months even though changed to Ksport 6/4 bbk.

Sure, driving safely, tyres and not chiong too hiong is still numero uno but shit happens.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

is there any option that improves braking without the need to upgrade stock rims?

I don't mind plonking 3k for BBK, but need another 1k+ for rims upgrade which I feel is really not necessary. I personally like the (pre-FL) FXT rims and OE look

Hi JustGoodTrade,

Ummh ... warranty is 3 yrs which I am unsure how long more for you and such a waste with brembo front 4 pots sitting in your alibaba cave which would be much much betta than just sti pads.

Just me but I would not have compromise on safety for my fxt which is quite nicely powered and spent sgd270 ... I did get my faulty left bearing from factory claimed under warranty at MI TPY after few months even though changed to Ksport 6/4 bbk.

Sure, driving safely, tyres and not chiong too hiong is still numero uno but shit happens.

Cheers.

Richard

Ohhh.... bearing still got warranty after change bkk. Not bad. I should hit 60k in a year to a year half.

The only dark side i have changed so far is the STI brake pads by MI. Just to share, i paid 220, excluding gst. It was 270, minus 50 with 8,000 duo points. Not too bad though not fantastic. Maybe 20 percent improvement. I am still waiting for warranty to be over before i change to a pair of brembo front 4 pots (now sitting in my store room)

pardon for a noob question: did you replace only the front pads or all 4 pads?

No question is noob so no worries :)

Only the front. MI dont have the STI brake pad for rear for this promotion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2