2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi Titanic,

Swee and most welcomed !!!

The mfd already has this hidden capability and wasted if not used but only big enuff for this particular view with just a USD15 camera, a sgd30 cable and installation cost.

Aside to Zpliu,

------------------

Hope Titanic's post on this is clearly now. Cheers,

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard

Can pm me where to get these items and also installation where and cost.

Tks

↡ Advertisement

Hi Richard

Can pm me where to get these items and also installation where and cost.

Tks

Hi Whiterex,

I only share with bro Titanic the aliexpress link to get the camera and rakuten link for the needed video cable which is now available at SimLim Square as advised by my colleague driving a forester.

To save all the trouble since it need to drill and mounted as well as remove mfd to rewire, you can go the Class Auto c/o Roy Peh who has all the parts where bro Titanic did the installation:

http://www.classauto.com.sg/

Let me know if you wish to diy which I dun and I will find out Sim Lim's contact and advise aliexpress link.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Antelop,

This 2.5L option and its bhp and torque specification is quite typical for NA of all brands unless turbo or super charged ones.

It was just that 2.0l fxt being turbo charged is exceptional for entry level price against typically higher end conti cars with the exception of Harrier Turbo next at previous sgd20k more albeit driving response of Harrier Turbo still fall short of the fxt but still a good option with current indent price of sgd138k of the fxt or few Ks below latest price of Harrier Turbo basic Elegence variant.

Looks like Harrier Turbo from Borneo motors is the only next closest sub sgd150k option without going 200k+ e,g, GLC250 etc. unless you are ok with compact "crossover" of V40 T4 at promo of SGD120k+ which is also 2.0L turbo and even faster than fxt which was a very very attractive option being conti for wife's replacement car except too low, too small and worse of all with rear window blocked by 2 headrest that wife finds not comfortable to drive it around.

Cheers,

Richard

I itchy hand went to trade in my September 16 fxt to a stupid sedan (which is also 2L turbo) without test driving it. Can't stand the cramp interior and laggy acceleration. Now really missed the spacious fxt and likely will buy back the new Forester early next yr.

• Praise 5

I itchy hand went to trade in my September 16 fxt to a stupid sedan (which is also 2L turbo) without test driving it. Can't stand the cramp interior and laggy acceleration. Now really missed the spacious fxt and likely will buy back the new Forester early next yr.

Hi Antelop,

Sorry to hear but indeed not all 2.0T are tuned/designed the same.

Another example is the 2.0T harrier turbo but if they had not tried the fxt, they will not know what they are missing.

However, new 2.5l forester will be worse than the 2.0T harrier turbo and best bet is to buy back used few year later since will be too much loss to change new ride which can only have better aesthetics internally and externally.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Actually regarding the solar film, i dont see whats the big issue with MI. They can always cut to avoid the camera.

Yeah the 360 not too good for blindspot. More of parking and getting out of lots when park head in.

The BSM i asked around for apparently similar to what u mentioned, using microwave.

Regarding the MFD and side camera, my understand is correct? The usual display gone right?

And MI haven't arrange the survey for me....claim that the liability is cleared and assigned surveyor liao. But still no news on when the survey 𤬠like that i cant plan my stuff...

Hi Zpliu,

Ridiculous that survey take this long ...3 weeks right ? Believe past the duration to bang table liao.

Btw, BSM highly recommended ... accident does not happen often but it really help prevent those side swipes and save life of errant motor cyclists.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Roadhogger,

Thanks bro !!

Trouble is that as long as MI do not install and we do so, the risk of no claim by insurance companies is on us as owners ...

The reason for them not to do so and risk losing informed potential cuatomers like us now is that that there is a bigger real risk :( ??

But yes, other brand cars with lane departure, anti collision, AEB emergency braking etc. may not be camera aka optical based like eyesight and unaffected or their ADs they simply install solar film for customers which I am then fine with it since insurance companies cannot claim "illegal modification to original mfgr specificiation" to reject owners' claim.

Cheers.

Richard

Personally , I think it's OK to install. Just don't cover the lens area.

Personally , I think it's OK to install. Just don't cover the lens area.

Hi Roadhogger,

As mentioned, MI can simply do so if not a concern but they refuse ... and you as owners will have to bear the risk .. it is simple as that.

Indeed may not happen but you will be at the mercy of insurers since signed policy legally blinding which I am not prepared to be .. just hope bros with eyesight are aware before they install solar film.

Already checked with MI while insurers will not commit .. please do so or just be aware when installing aftermarket solar film on windscreen which is not fitted by MI.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Roadhogger,

As mentioned, MI can simply do so if not a concern but they refuse ... and you as owners will have to bear the risk .. it is simple as that.

Indeed may not happen but you will be at the mercy of insurers since signed policy legally blinding which I am not prepared to be .. just hope bros with eyesight are aware before they install solar film.

Already checked with MI while insurers will not commit .. please do so or just be aware when installing aftermarket solar film on windscreen which is not fitted by MI.

Cheers.

Richard

This is so complicated and stressful .. it's just a piece of solar film and a car.

This is so complicated and stressful .. it's just a piece of solar film and a car.

Hi Roadhogger,

Ya lor and suppose to be a happy aka enjoyable experience getting new ride but it is sgd100k car .. lol !

Indeed also small matter ... until shit hits the fan ... like our personal insurance.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Roadhogger,

Cheers.

Richard

Sorry but I don't really understand the issue with the insurance. Even if cut a hole in the film and get into accident, why will the insurance not pay? Unless they gave u a special lower premium due to the eyesight, otherwise isn't it the same coverage as all other cars without eyesight?

Sorry but I don't really understand the issue with the insurance. Even if cut a hole in the film and get into accident, why will the insurance not pay? Unless they gave u a special lower premium due to the eyesight, otherwise isn't it the same coverage as all other cars without eyesight?

Hi Hoobes,

Please see screenshot for your consideration and complete policy sample that is typical of ALL insurers:

<<policy terms and conditions - AIG ...

PDFhttps://www.aig.com.sg › singapore › other>>

A bit dramatic but close colleague had aggressive form of postrate cancer and insurance did not pay out to his eventually widowed and stay-home wife with 3 schooling dotters based on failure of declaration of some unrelated health conditions decades ago when he was younger :(

I checked with insurer and you can declare but they will not commit to acceptance such use of solar film since officially advised otherwise by car mfgr aka Subaru Japan. Only exception is that if it is installed by authorised AD who represents car mfgr which MI will not while they install local 3rd parties stuff at Loyang including electrical stuff like audio headunit, dvr etc.

Issue is not on eyesight, dvr etc. but if you install aftermarket solar film when MI refuses to do so ... hope clearer now. Also not sure how insurer view your expertise on cutting hole in such aftermkt solar film against Subaru Japan's R&D to say you are ok to do so when Subaru Japan's R&D says advised not ok.

But no matter to me now since unlikely to be getting the Impreza sincre not prepared for lingering concern and no $ nor time to fight the big corporation if shit hits the fan for a lack of betta phrase.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-29631300-1534475876_thumb.png

post-149594-0-19772900-1534476477_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Hobbes,

Hope clearer on my concern now but not necessarily yours.

Also believe MI will sort it out .. eventually.

Cheers.

Richard

http://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=r&AID=1361

Can all the listed pros combined outweigh the loss of fxt ? The verdict will be out there somewhere sometime :D

"While the new Forester is bettered in just about every way, Subaru fans will admittedly be disappointed by the fact that the turbocharged 238bhp XT will no longer be produced, with the company citing reasons of poor demand, despite the XT totalling half of Forester sales in Singapore."

50% is not poor demand lah, actually in North American and AUS/NZL FXT demand less than 10%, the reason of Singapore remains FXT such high demand,  most probably in Singapore FXT engine performance close to Conti brands, but these conti brands are ridiculous price tags, however in other countries, the buyers have a lot of options instead of FXT, my humble 2 cents only   [:p]

Edited by MQX87511
  • Praise 1

Yup. Prices here are just insane. Just 2 pages ago, i shared an aussie article comparing tiguan 2.0 with fxt. Price diff only few k diff due to options. Here, the diff is at least 50k depending on when u buy. Zzzz

↡ Advertisement