2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Disconnecting rear sway bar from the car?! Im not too sure with respect to this. Doesn't seem like a very "safe and sound choice" to me.

I wouldn't recommend it IMHO. Currently I am quite pleased with my ride after adding the 3 chocolate bars (sounds like SAF Captain rank) [laugh][laugh]

My next change will be my tires. Currently on the stock tires which sucks to the max. But need to wear them out first as the trade-in value is RIDICULOUS. [furious]

The guy who did that had the same sentiments as we all do. That’s why he did some intensive tests to see if it compromised anything on safety. He did also mentioned forester are over engineered ( which is a good thing of cos), it does makes sense to me since not all cars comes with sway bars and they are still road worthy.

Furthermore the change is reversible, The main concern is still warranty and I can foresee it’s quite easy for MI to void warranty since it’s related structural wise.

↡ Advertisement

The guy who did that had the same sentiments as we all do. That’s why he did some intensive tests to see if it compromised anything on safety. He did also mentioned forester are over engineered ( which is a good thing of cos), it does makes sense to me since not all cars comes with sway bars and they are still road worthy.

Furthermore the change is reversible, The main concern is still warranty and I can foresee it’s quite easy for MI to void warranty since it’s related structural wise.

Yes. My only worry is when jam brake or when the unimaginable happens. Will the sway bar have any effects during emergency. I shudder to think of the consequences... especially when family members are involved/present in the car. 

How long have you own the FXT? I have owned mine for around 1.5 years. Well its has its own share of problems & warranty issues. 

I have changed a air con condenser from MI so far.  

Is it uturn have knocking sound?

How you confirm is steering rack?

Yes when uturn or 3point turn will have the "knorck knorck" sound.

Mechanic at MI suspect its the steering rack, they want a test drive with me present to further confirm the diagnosis. 

• Praise 1

Hi Rainman,

Now you know SUV especially one with real off road capability does not for mentioned reason of needing stiffer suspension setup especially for the fxt with added power.

Remember that when stock, even my wife commented I am driving slow on lane 1 with impatient cars behind me .. I was driving at 70kmhr instead usual of 90-100kmhr because it already felt like so .. jittery and unstable .. which is not complimentary of fxt's ride ... it should be driving at 90-100kmhr and feeling like 70kmhr for a compliant and stable ride .. lol !

Best to try our bros with different setup and you are welcome to try mine to compare but I had done a lot a lot and will not pursue further improvement.

Indeed dun feel safe with stock brake for the power of fxt .. ended up getting 6/4 bbk and wasted trade in of stock rim/tyres for sgd300 after 10 days vs 600 at least if driven to tyre shop on day 1.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard

Look Forward to get poison by ur ride hahahaha! Spotted a neat silver sj without roof rack earlier on, sgz 77xx belongs to anyone here?

Edited by Rainman
  • Praise 1

Thanks Richard

Look Forward to get poison by ur ride hahahaha! Spotted a neat silver sj without roof rack earlier on, sgz 77xx belongs to anyone here?

Silver without rack, sounds like Richard haha

Thanks Richard

Hi Rainman,

Most welcomed and lol ..that was me.

Shared that I am no chiongster and drove responsibly, right ??  keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Silver without rack, sounds like Richard haha

Hi Zpliu,

Yea .. quite funny cos coincidentally.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Rainman,

Despite what ws may tell you, coilover WILL be harder and stiffer aka harsher than spring and damper setup.

STI pink springs or cusco adjustable dampers seems to be the best way to go but what is betta or acceptable is subjective cos personal preference.

My fxt is on pink springs with front cusco arb, front cusco strut, rear wrx arb, rear beatrush strut and rear flexible subframe which I find ride is acceptable to me with sharp enuff handling aided by levorg thicken steering plates and magic collar.

Cheers.

Richard

Is your ride still within warranty? MI says anything about voiding warranty ? Will insurance accepts claims since it's not factory installed

Hi Rainman,

Most welcomed and lol ..that was me.

Shared that I am no chiongster and drove responsibly, right ?? keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Zpliu,

Yea .. quite funny cos coincidentally.

Cheers.

Richard

Haha by experienced eyes ur Sj is definitely enthusiastly modded, the sleeper look is just a decoy....

For me now at most is just some stickers here and there whahaha

Haha by experienced eyes ur Sj is definitely enthusiastly modded, the sleeper look is just a decoy....

For me now at most is just some stickers here and there whahaha

Go to test out Richard FXT, you will know the real feel..... [:p]

can i ask what batteries u all replaced? EFB/AGM?

mine coming to 3rd year since new. Previous check during svc at MI was battery requires replacement. MI quoted rather high IIRC

Go to test out Richard FXT, you will know the real feel..... [:p]

Me also yet to meet Richard nor his FXT. But looking at his poisonous list, it definite is a force to be reckoned with.  [knife]  [knife]  [knife]  [bounce1]

Me also yet to meet Richard nor his FXT. But looking at his poisonous list, it definite is a force to be reckoned with. [knife][knife][knife][bounce1]

Hi Shox,

You will be disappointed .. just some toys and no performance mods one.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Rainman,

Despite what ws may tell you, coilover WILL be harder and stiffer aka harsher than spring and damper setup.

STI pink springs or cusco adjustable dampers seems to be the best way to go but what is betta or acceptable is subjective cos personal preference.

My fxt is on pink springs with front cusco arb, front cusco strut, rear wrx arb, rear beatrush strut and rear flexible subframe which I find ride is acceptable to me with sharp enuff handling aided by levorg thicken steering plates and magic collar.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard

Since the attn is back to those enhancements u made, will u care to share on the cost breakdown of each and where u had them done for reference, pls ?

Richard

Since the attn is back to those enhancements u made, will u care to share on the cost breakdown of each and where u had them done for reference, pls ?

Hi Scoobyfxt,

Waah .. pls dun remind me how much I spent leh .. I am that type who throw away receipts to avoid the sad part of payments.

If interested, pls check below on what I collated and I will try my best to recall to advise to the best of my old brain:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=169lmFekp4AVAmwN3b-J9IdYljTuq0fVA

Cheers.

Richard

can i ask what batteries u all replaced? EFB/AGM?

mine coming to 3rd year since new. Previous check during svc at MI was battery requires replacement. MI quoted rather high IIRC

Hi Bernie,

Forester is champion on electrical charging system to confidently use cheap and easily obtained very small 38Ah if I remember correctly.

Dun need EFB or even more expensive AGM but since I am into multiple hi power amps, I am using the arguably best Varta Silver AGM E39 but that is 450 a pop.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi Shox,

You will be disappointed .. just some toys and no performance mods one.

Cheers.

Richard

The ICE is definitely power!

As much as MI are anal regarding all forms of modifications. My front strut bar is from MI as i bought the Black Edition package. As for the other bars, I did it myself with external workshops. For the DRL, I would suggest to install an aftermarket switch to turn in off when you send the car in for any forms of rectifications. Similar to what i have done as well.

It would be weird for them to void your warranty for example, your aircon condenser is malfunctioning but void your warranty due to you installing DRLs. Makes no sense to me.

With that said, im heading in for warranty issues for steering rack this week. Knocking sound when i make 3 point turn. Just turn off all the DRLs.

Coilovers will make the car ride more firm and not as bouncy over bumps/humps.

They sure can. Recently they wouldn't replace my brake switch and the reason they gave is that they couldn't take a stock photo of my ride. Champion.

Is your ride still within warranty? MI says anything about voiding warranty ? Will insurance accepts claims since it's not factory installed

Like then saying goes "want to mod, don't worry about warranty. Worry about warranty, don't mod" Lol.

• Praise 1

Yes. My only worry is when jam brake or when the unimaginable happens. Will the sway bar have any effects during emergency. I shudder to think of the consequences... especially when family members are involved/present in the car. 

may I suggest that you google the actual function of a sway bar / anti-roll bar?  You will find that the answer will quell your worries.

• Praise 1

Very expensive toys you have sir.

Hi Dark,

Old man who collected cpf liao ... not now cannot squeeze all these into golden coffin de ... lol !!

Cheers,

Richard

They sure can. Recently they wouldn't replace my brake switch and the reason they gave is that they couldn't take a stock photo of my ride. Champion.

Like then saying goes "want to mod, don't worry about warranty. Worry about warranty, don't mod" Lol.

Hi Dark,

Indeed !!

At least for associated parts since there is no such thing as blanket void of warranty unless you accept no warranty to HU if you change your rims ... keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi Roadhogger,

For associated parts certainly no more warranty MI is reasonable and there is not blanket void of warranty unless you accept void of HU if you changed rim ... lol !  Claimed warranty for left bearing failure despite bbk, rim and tyres since they also heard the noise and asked me to change back to stock which is too much efforts for me obviously  ...  I counter offered that I will pay for change if still noise but noise gone and claim was honored.

Insurance is a totally different issue from I guess your different opinion on the solar film or lack of it with eyesight since:

- this on my own wish and risk ... not shoved to me by MI on necessity of such solar film in nice hot tropic Singapore

- unless you have a turbo sticking out of engine bay, it is not as clear cut as why AEB is not working where there is one

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement