2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Bro, just curious on the FXT vsF NA.... other than the Turbo... what are the main diff?? Saw from the comparison:

1. Electronic tailgate (can FNA install it after market??)

2. Driver memory seat (can fix after market?? heeee)

The main complain is no rear aircon?? Is it a big deal??

The price of FNA is attractive.... but worth to spend around 25k to 30k for FXT??

Hi Niatio,

Main difference is turbo charged with 350nm 240bhp ... driveability is great due to effortless pickup and overtaking. With 18" rims, high torque cvt gearboz, S# drive mode for some serious pickup and bodykit .. roof is alumninum vs plastic in addition to mentioned electronic taigate and memory driver seat and passenger electric seat as well as brake caliper & rotor are slightly bigger for better braking.

However, ride is fxt is worse than fna due to stiffer suspension setup to handle the power.

Yes, electric tsilgate can go aftermkt and do add kick sensor also. No, memory seats will be too troublesome to retroffit but anything is possible including adding rear aircon which I had done so.

Fna at 90k vs newly lowered price of 125k is still not worth to get fxt .. go for harrier turbo at currently 135k for lowest elegence version albiet pickup is not like fxt even with similiar 350nm and 224bhp as itnis tuned differently and it is no 4 wheel drive which is great for wet road and handling.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

Hi Niatio,

Main difference is turbo charged with 350nm 240bhp ... driveability is great due to effortless pickup and overtaking. With 18" rims, high torque cvt gearboz, S# drive mode for some serious pickup and bodykit .. roof is alumninum vs plastic in addition to mentioned electronic taigate and memory driver seat and passenger electric seat as well as brake caliper & rotor are slightly bigger for better braking.

However, ride is fxt is worse than fna due to stiffer suspension setup to handle the power.

Yes, electric tsilgate can go aftermkt and do add kick sensor also. No, memory seats will be too troublesome to retroffit but anything is possible including adding rear aircon which I had done so.

Fna at 90k vs newly lowered price of 125k is still not worth to get fxt .. go for harrier turbo at currently 135k for lowest elegence version albiet pickup is not like fxt even with similiar 350nm and 224bhp as itnis tuned differently and it is no 4 wheel drive which is great for wet road and handling.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Bro. Didnt know can also do aftermarket rear aircon....  [laugh]

Thanks Bro. Didnt know can also do aftermarket rear aircon.... [laugh]

Hi Niato,

Show me the money and I give you honey ... keke.

You the control the aircon aircon using typical unused foot aircon on the usual front panel that had been diverted to do so.

Bought several and fortuantely angle of input trunking and size of VW Tiguan worked.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-83276600-1537572861_thumb.png

post-149594-0-15641900-1537572879_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Niato,

Show me the money and I give you honey ... keke.

You the control the aircon aircon using typical unused foot aircon on the usual front panel that had been diverted to do so.

Bought several and fortuantely angle of input trunking and size of VW Tiguan worked.

Cheers.

Richard

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Turbo is the main point and selling point bro!!! No other SUV can beat FXT turbo! If I got budget and the lowest COE now, Iâm very sure will go for it.... haha

Hi Titanic,

Porsche Macan, audi Q5 or even Merc glc250 can ... lol !

Dun worry .. Harrier Turbo cannot and ww can jiak them and be oreli full since quite a few of them around ... hehe !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Most likely doable if thats the measurement

Hi Zpliu,

2014+ SJ forester can only be bigger than <=2013 SH Version just like latest 2019 SK forester .. looks like someone will be renting a forester SK for his road trip liao :)

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Titanic,

Porsche Macan, audi Q5 or even Merc glc250 can ... lol !

Dun worry .. Harrier Turbo cannot and ww can jiak them and be oreli full since quite a few of them around ... hehe !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

Found something that may interest u... lol

Just google this.. dunno why I cant paste the link here

highline 惠霖精品 Subaru Forester

Taiwan made body dampers

Looks gd!

Edited by Darrenkhu
  • Praise 2

Hi Zpliu,

2014+ SJ forester can only be bigger than <=2013 SH Version just like latest 2019 SK forester .. looks like someone will be renting a forester SK for his road trip liao :)

Cheers.

Richard

Before he miss, lets tag him haha @boonhat_91

Fxt 125k:Omv 16k. Awd. No eyesight or driver safety aids. Responsive downtuned wrx engine. Bouncy ride. Light off road capable. Poorer fc. No rear air con. Retardedly slow tailgate. Anal cvt. Last of its kind soon. Etc etc.

Base harrier t 135k: 32k omv. Rear air con. More comfy ride. Etc. Etc.

So ? Personally i will still buy the fxt again even at 125k today over harrier t anytime because of its characteristics. Value for $ is subjective and defined differently by different pple (e.g. fna vs xv). Fxt is a driver's suv and one of a kind. Period.

Edited by Scoobyfxt
  • Praise 3

But also hard to say .. dunno how PIs still can sell non turbo harrier with underpowered and noisy engine, floating suspension, instructions in Japanese at 135k vs 145k for the turbo harrier with song song AD's warranty .. guess they just go for price and not car lovers ..or simply ignorant.

10% or lower down-payment ;)

• Praise 1

10% or lower down-payment ;)

Hi Mann,

Aaah .. missed that and possible but not likely or quite dumb, right ?

Buying Harrier 130k+ and not 70-80k proton or cherry and car loans are one of the worst financial deals.

Cheers.

Richard

Fxt 125k:Omv 16k. Awd. No eyesight or driver safety aids. Responsive downtuned wrx engine. Bouncy ride. Light off road capable. Poorer fc. No rear air con. Retardedly slow tailgate. Anal cvt. Last of its kind soon. Etc etc.

So ? Personally i will still buy the fxt again even at 125k today over harrier t anytime because of its characteristics. Value for $ is subjective and defined differently by different pple (e.g. fna vs xv). Fxt is a driver's suv and one of a kind. Period.

Hi Scoobyfxt,

Passion ! Ichiban !!

And your nick here clearly shows .. keke !

I am passionate on my fxt to have modded thus far but out of fun primarily but still some way to go on satisfsctory ride comfort and exterior aesthetics.

Cheers.

Richard

Why the FXT OMV is so low?

My 2016 OMV $19k++.

Edited by Tohto

Hi, I am going to collect FNA in 2 weeks. Just would like to check how much better Mechelin primacy 3st vs the stock Yokohama geolandar. From the online price, these 2 not much difference.

I guess likely have to top up $400~500 if straight away trade-in after collection, thus checking worth or not.

• Praise 1

Hi Richard

Found something that may interest u... lol

Just google this.. dunno why I cant paste the link here

highline æ éç²¾å Subaru Forester

Taiwan made body dampers

Looks gd!

Hey Darren,

Thanks !!! Same ones below available locally but not tried on forester yet:

Vibration control struts for toyota/honda/nissan/subaru for S$0.01 https://sg.carousell.com/p/182836815

This is 1/3 the price of positively reviewed .. similar but not the same .. syms cox front/rear strut made by yamaha used by many forester sj owners in Japan and more importantly used also by jap oem e.g. lexus.

http://www.cox.co.jp/custmer_center/bd_catalog.html

Still waiting/hesitating on sym cox since big money like 1.5k and limited $ for suspension next after the pending rear bumper mod.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi, I am going to collect FNA in 2 weeks. Just would like to check how much better Mechelin primacy 3st vs the stock Yokohama geolandar. From the online price, these 2 not much difference.

I guess likely have to top up $400~500 if straight away trade-in after collection, thus checking worth or not.

Hi ecube,

Do it ... else you have to live with the yokohama tyres for next 2 yrs and keep wondering as well as not enjoy as quiet ride from tyre noise as possible with also famed michelin grippiness that yokohama cannot compare unless going to noisy sports variants.

Do it later and you will waste a lot more $ like me and many many bros who eventually upgraded .. this is the only time that shops will accept max trade in values.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi ecube,

Do it ... else you have to live with the yokohama tyres for next 2 yrs and keep wondering as well as not enjoy as quiet ride from tyre noise as possible with also famed michelin grippiness that yokohama cannot compare unless going to noisy sports variants.

Do it later and you will waste a lot more $ like me and many many bros who eventually upgraded .. this is the only time that shops will accept max trade in values.

Cheers.

Richard

When I collected my car from TPY, I drive straight to my regular tyre shop less than 500m from MI.

• Praise 1

Bro, just curious on the FXT vsF NA.... other than the Turbo... what are the main diff?? Saw from the comparison:

1. Electronic tailgate (can FNA install it after market??)

2. Driver memory seat (can fix after market?? heeee)

The main complain is no rear aircon?? Is it a big deal??

The price of FNA is attractive.... but worth to spend around 25k to 30k for FXT??

The only main difference to me is the "dabo". Memory seat while is good, not a deal breaker for me.

So far, i got no complains from rear passengers about the ac.

As for the price difference wrt the current coe prices, personally i dont think is worth it as the new ves is 20k surcharge. But at 130k, it is still probably the best bang for buck suv you can get right now. If you are a car enthusiast, you should go for it.

Edited by Stratovarius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1