2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Paid down payment for the FNA earlier this week! [bounce2] Hopefully can secure a COE at next bidding, then collection before the end of oct [bounce1]

Anyway wanna ask, what do you all think of the Hella brand dashcam supplied by MIE? Canât find any reviews on it online. Wondering if I should install the dashcam or not [confused]

Hi Eggroe

Congrats. I got it on the first bid. Guess if coe stay the same or lower, u also can it on first bid.

By the way, isn't the deal is fixed when u signed? You can still change or take out the dashcam?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Eggroe

Congrats. I got it on the first bid. Guess if coe stay the same or lower, u also can it on first bid.

By the way, isn't the deal is fixed when u signed? You can still change or take out the dashcam?

Well, considering that they’re trying to push out the old FNA, hopefully they’re slightly more open to bidding a little higher, if COE increases.

Saw in the xv thread, some of them are still not getting their COEs. Must be because MIE trying to push the old FNAs out first.

Oh. Nola. Still can add. just gotta pay $$$

Hi Eggroe,

I see, add on definitely OK. They will charge $350. I was told if I do the dashcam myself, MI will void the warranty for battery.

Hey ecube. Yea. That’s what they told me. Did you take the dashcam add on then?

Hey ecube. Yea. Thatâs what they told me. Did you take the dashcam add on then?

If u don't like the dash cam, dont bother taking theirs.

If u are not tapping on the battery for parking mode, ie just 12v when driving, no way they can void your battery cause u nv touch it.

If you require parking mode, purchase the extra external battery like cell link from blackvue or ivolt from thinkware. They ever asked about my parking mode when i sent my car in. I told the service adviser directly i use my own battery. Not noted down after servicing

• Praise 1

Yes, I took it. It's part of freebies. But guess can get deduct if I don't want it.

yes, deduct few penny from the selling price if you opt out. i opt out and IIRC, i got a $300-500 off.

Hi Tohto,

B180 is a entry merc ... not sure now but during my merc days, S class had double glazed glass that you would use very effectively if you stays need expressway and the cabin is so air tight to prevent transmitted noise that there is vacuum pump that sucks out air in the cabin else you cannot close the heavy doors until they incorporated suction doors.

The chassis of S class designed for speed limitless autobahn in germany is of course unquestionable .. had the opportunity of taking one in Taiwan during good old days while working for motorola Singapore.

Indeed ES250 would be great but different league compared to our humble foresters and more cost effective and fun if you have the time like me ..lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Long,

Believe insignicant and of no important even wrt to FC unless I missed your concern.

FL would theoretically be heavier without checking on old specification via google since with added cvt cooler, reportedly better aka more sound insulation.

Please let us know if you find out or advise any concern.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks, 

For FNA, i feel the chassis is over weight for 2.0 NA engine. 

Long 

Hi Titanic,

You may not feel misalignment but unbalanced wear and tear of tyres may justify spending sgd80 for alignment especially with known factory misalignment issue.

Unless planning for more mods e.g. magic collar, cusco dampers etc., drive 1-2 weeks and I would recommend spend the sgd80 for best scenario, including least unbalanced wear of your sgd800+ primacy 3 ST tyres for the next 2-3 years hopefully if you do not bump into curbs often and have a peace of mind.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Titanic,

Should be next week as I order the PIAA magnetic oil filter just end of last week that should arrive this week.

If received this 1-2 days, there may be chance for arrival this week as it only takes 3 days or even less to get from Sendico Japan to Singapore ... will let you know promptly.

You can take my spare xmas tree foglight  bulb to ease your itch any of nite this week and zoom zoom with your new pink springs to and fro Seletar... keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Done my alignment today, steering feel good and more comfortable drive now.... you are right that we will not feel, but our car will feel and after done the alignment you will also feel the diff too! Was told Kenny, Forester has the factory misalignment issue alos mentioned by you as well, but only can align the best position, can't be solved right?

Edited by titaniclexus

Hi Niato,

Show me the money and I give you honey ... keke.

You the control the aircon aircon using typical unused foot aircon on the usual front panel that had been diverted to do so.

Bought several and fortuantely angle of input trunking and size of VW Tiguan worked.

Cheers.

Richard

How much did the rear air con mod cost you?

Thanks, 

For FNA, i feel the chassis is over weight for 2.0 NA engine. 

Long 

Hi Long,

Yes, not light and no good for power/weight ratio or FC but this is a good size SUV and mechanism for preferred 4 wheel drive also does not help.

The other alternative of fxt is fine with significant increase power but it comes with a cost ... 20% more compared to FNA at say 20k km/yr or 2k litre/year at 10l/km or sgd4k/year petrol at sgd2/l i.e. another sgd800/yr for fxt of petrol or sgd8k more petrol for 10 years of ownership.

Cheers,

Richard 

Hi Richard,

Done my alignment today, steering feel good and more comfortable drive now.... you are right that we will not feel, but our car will feel and after done the alignment you will also feel the diff too! Was told Kenny, Forester has the factory misalignment issue alos mentioned by you as well, but only can align the best position, can't be solved right?

Hi Titanic,

Good to know ... tks !

No answer but I also find it strange that the sti front stabiliser for forester ts is only for the driver side due to exhaust running down passenger side but seems some bros mentioned straight from factory had misalignment for the ride to steer to the left passenger if I remembers correctly.  Perhaps then sti front stabiliser helps to alleviate since on the right driver side ??  Dunno and highly speculative but Kenny mentioned my alignment from factory was fine.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

How much did the rear air con mod cost you?

Hi Fordred,

Cannot advise since it was part of complete ICE installation at reputed ICE installer.

Can only say that I did negotiated for minimum 5 bros @sgd500  to do so when mine was successful done but not enough pax committed ... installer will not do individual customised work just for this rear aircon since too much work ... 2 bros tried separately to no avail. 

However, I am quite sure that if you offer sgd1k, installer will bite but bear in mind  the usual full fiberglass A pillar would already be >sgd800 and hence I told negotiated sgd500 was a good deal that time for national service to forester bros ... at least, you now know it can be done while I wasted more with uncertainties.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Almost hit some one backside today... Travelling at 70km h, instinct tell me will not brake in time, luckily both sides no car, sway to avoid accident. Guess time to change rims and brakes

Almost hit some one backside today... Travelling at 70km h, instinct tell me will not brake in time, luckily both sides no car, sway to avoid accident. Guess time to change rims and brakes

Po Pi Po Pi... no accident no one injured....  [nod]

Your brake beh jiat already??

Hi Rainman,

Fxt or fna ?

Fxt indeed preferrable ... 18" stock may be able to take big 4 rLogic at 1.3k but think no bro had done so yet. Fna confirmed must change rim ... mini 4 also cannot and no point.

Meanwhile if fxt, take care !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Good brakes are just one part of the equation. Do also consider looking into better tyres to improve your braking force in such an emergency.
  • Praise 3

Hi Titanic,

Yes and bought 2 units liao . .. back to 1st choice since available and seemingly ok now.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Titanic,

The side mirrors auto tilt modules from OEM of KP Industries arrived and they are pretty small to be shoved it under dash.

Will get it installed at Trust Motion later this week since they had done so for the previous MO one year ago but instruction is clear and quite simple .. it basically automate the up and down button of the mirror via adjustable timer based logic to control distance aka angle moved.

Decided to only fit passenger side as I wish to keep the other unit for my CO's pending mazda 6.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-03049200-1537840761_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement