2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Good brakes are just one part of the equation. Do also consider looking into better tyres to improve your braking force in such an emergency.

Hi Lok,

Indeed and the tell tale sign in my opinion with be when your abs gets activated all too often as activation means that wheels/tyres are locked and lost traction with road surfaces. This is the case with stocker dueller tyres of thr fxt especially down concrete surface of mscp and do go slow when wet.

However, if not, upgraded bbk will provide best braking to push then your tyres until such activation.

Even before such situation, modulation with usual varying sizes of more pistons, more biting contact areas, clamping at perimeters of bigger rotors, less fade due to betta cooling from more metals/pad material etc. etc. further assisted by ssbh aka surety and feel will improved to get more confidence and control ..

Nevertheless, drive with care else 12 pot bbk also no use ..else lalari, lambo etc supercars wun have accidents which is not the case.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Keep us posted once installed.

may I know where to order and the part number?

Likely to get a set too.

Thx

Hi Arrow,

Should be ok and will do as shared by bro Keanu who fitted one from MO last year and reported still good.

Please google "kia k5 optima auto tilt" and you will find it for about usd70 before shipping at optima shown but I got a bit lucky to find out oem is actually KP Technologies under part no. MT30, found last 2 sets from ebay usa seller at usd80 and vpost messed up delay to offer foc shipping :)

https://www.k5optimastore.com/products/mirrortiltmod

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-35753700-1537851689_thumb.png

post-149594-0-12601100-1537851704_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Titanic,

The side mirrors auto tilt modules from OEM of KP Industries arrived and they are pretty small to be shoved it under dash.

Will get it installed at Trust Motion later this week since they had done so for the previous MO one year ago but instruction is clear and quite simple .. it basically automate the up and down button of the mirror via adjustable timer based logic to control distance aka angle moved.

Decided to only fit passenger side as I wish to keep the other unit for my CO's pending mazda 6.

Cheers.

Richard

Look forward to see your review and video... haha..

I think will give a miss since I have the side camera on passenger side liao... if not too many view and dunno which to watch out later.. lolzz

• Praise 1

Look forward to see your review and video... haha..

I think will give a miss since I have the side camera on passenger side liao... if not too many view and dunno which to watch out later.. lolzz

Hi Titanic,

Believe dun have to worry too many views on this cos this is only when reversing near curb .. else would have installed those 360 deg cam that provides multi views into HU when signalling etc.

The side cam and mfd view is still somehow still wanting or I am simply bored with non performance mods running out ..lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Rainman,

Fxt or fna ?

Fxt indeed preferrable ... 18" stock may be able to take big 4 rLogic at 1.3k but think no bro had done so yet. Fna confirmed must change rim ... mini 4 also cannot and no point.

Meanwhile if fxt, take care !

Cheers.

Richard

Xt just a 0.5 sec lapse of attention. I remember it’s slightly more than a car distance but still totally no confidence in braking on time.

If can dun change rims will be best. I kind of like the stock rims and save $$$

Po Pi Po Pi... no accident no one injured.... [nod]

Your brake beh jiat already??

Haha thanks

Brake is buay juat since day 1..... just not instantaneous enough, for car of this weight and size the brakes should be better

• Praise 1

Dear XT drivers, I have been using petrol 98 Ron esso since Nov 17. With the price creeping up, I will have to pay for a full tank close to $150. lately, due to fc of 10L/100km, I heard we can switch to Ron 95 and can even maintain the the mileage. Anyone here can help to advice? Many thanks.

• Praise 1

Xt just a 0.5 sec lapse of attention. I remember itâs slightly more than a car distance but still totally no confidence in braking on time.

If can dun change rims will be best. I kind of like the stock rims and save $$$

Haha thanks

Brake is buay juat since day 1..... just not instantaneous enough, for car of this weight and size the brakes should be better

Hi Rainman,

Noted fxt and tks ..indeed brakes not adequate for fxt. Hence wasted $ cos traded in rims and tyres aboit 2 weeks for 300 instead of 650 when I decided on bbk 6/4, new rims and tyres .. many tyres.

Yes, stock 18" rim is nice and looks bigger than it is ..cèrtainly looks bigger than my 18" prodrive gcl-014i.

If you are ok with big 4 front which is sure betta than sport pads and slotted/drilled rotor ... drive doen to racetech c/o Ricky for mentioned 1.3k rLogic if I get them that comes with front and back ssbh.

Please let us know since I am not aware any stock fxt 18" rims had been confirmed ok or not ok by bros here.

Cheers.

Richard

Dear XT drivers, I have been using petrol 98 Ron esso since Nov 17. With the price creeping up, I will have to pay for a full tank close to $150. lately, due to fc of 10L/100km, I heard we can switch to Ron 95 and can even maintain the the mileage. Anyone here can help to advice? Many thanks.

Hi Elan,

I can confirm 95 can maintain same mileage as 95 .. depends a lot on how heavy footed you are but noticably occasionally being not as smooth or powerful.

Had been on 98 for last 9-10 mths and also switched to 95 for last 1-2 mths.

Btw, my FC is 8km/l with 70-80% city driving .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Rainman,

Noted fxt and tks ..indeed brakes not adequate for fxt. Hence wasted $ cos traded in rims and tyres aboit 2 weeks for 300 instead of 650 when I decided on bbk 6/4, new rims and tyres .. many tyres.

Yes, stock 18" rim is nice and looks bigger than it is ..cèrtainly looks bigger than my 18" prodrive gcl-014i.

If you are ok with big 4 front which is sure betta than sport pads and slotted/drilled rotor ... drive doen to racetech c/o Ricky for mentioned 1.3k rLogic if I get them that comes with front and back ssbh.

Please let us know since I am not aware any stock fxt 18" rims had been confirmed ok or not ok by bros here.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Elan,

I can confirm 95 can maintain same mileage as 95 .. depends a lot on how heavy footed you are but noticably occasionally being not as smooth or powerful.

Had been on 98 for last 9-10 mths and also switched to 95 for last 1-2 mths.

Btw, my FC is 8km/l with 70-80% city driving .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Same.... i switched from 98 to 95 last month, given the fact that 98 will make not diff with 95 in term of power, most important is able save your wallet some $$$$.... [laugh]

Same.... i switched from 98 to 95 last month, given the fact that 98 will make not diff with 95 in term of power, most important is able save your wallet some $$$$.... [laugh]

Yeah, i switched from 98 to 95 just after the initial 2 months. With the SG traffic, hard to really feel the difference btw 98 and 95. And you definitely saved quite a bit.

• Praise 2

Yeah, i switched from 98 to 95 just after the initial 2 months. With the SG traffic, hard to really feel the difference btw 98 and 95. And you definitely saved quite a bit.

Hi Kurumanbo,

Not sure if yours is FXT or FNA but for my case of FXT, RON 98 does help even in heavy traffic to have smoother pickup especially during cooler weather or at nite and the longer term benefit is reportedly cleaner engine which does not hurt except our wallets .. think will still alternate between 95 and 98.

Cheers,

Richard

I have been on shell ron 95 for my fxt since day 1 in dec 17 and tried out 3 tanks of ron 98 back to back in june 17. My sensing is ron 98 indeed provides better throttle response all round (including on I mode) and marginal to no improvement in FC. Not sure about the engine cleansing properties though. To me, the premium is not worth it. Aside from heavy jams, i will drive on S mode on ron 95 and the power is gd enuf for most situations. Across the causeway, i also dun hv the habit of pumping the most costly fuel e.g. vpower racing. Everything seem fine for now.

• Praise 1

I have been on shell ron 95 for my fxt since day 1 in dec 17 and tried out 3 tanks of ron 98 back to back in june 17. My sensing is ron 98 indeed provides better throttle response all round (including on I mode) and marginal to no improvement in FC. Not sure about the engine cleansing properties though. To me, the premium is not worth it. Aside from heavy jams, i will drive on S mode on ron 95 and the power is gd enuf for most situations. Across the causeway, i also dun hv the habit of pumping the most costly fuel e.g. vpower racing. Everything seem fine for now.

I meant i tried ron 98 in jun 18 !

Hi Kurumanbo,

Not sure if yours is FXT or FNA but for my case of FXT, RON 98 does help even in heavy traffic to have smoother pickup especially during cooler weather or at nite and the longer term benefit is reportedly cleaner engine which does not hurt except our wallets .. think will still alternate between 95 and 98.

Cheers,

Richard

For FNA like me.... wun feel power in pickup for sure... unless go tuning.. maybe got a bit feeling.... [laugh][smash]

For FNA like me.... wun feel power in pickup for sure... unless go tuning.. maybe got a bit feeling.... [laugh][smash]

Hi Titanic,

For NA car and even low powered turbo like qashqai 1.2 that I know very well, Pivot response control certainly help.

This is not unlike S mode but more directly and yes, your FC will be affected if you do not manage well but still useful since it is up to you to set level of response with more response killing FC and you will feel the difference for sure.

BTW, there is one unit said for Subaru at crazy sgd40 (compared to 350 new from Mcwell) but I cannot be for sure that the harness is suitable for FNA .. good chance it may be and will be very useful for occasional nshwy trip where FC is not a concern but response for safety is.

Cheers,

Richard

PS:  Yes, I have the pivot transferred from Estima to fxt but had been set to disable mode since not requiring any more response and already 8km/l with very little hwy driving

Edited by richard_crl032

Hihi... I just called e parts department of MI and enquire abt e cost of e STI rear ARB... I was told that it’s actually called anti roll bar and I have to get 2 bushings to go along or something like that... Are we referring to e same thing? I m worried that we are talking abt different thing :)

My intention is to get it from MI n install it at BKS...

Sorry if this is a noob qn but I m really clueless abt all this :)

Many Thks in advance! :)

Hihi... I just called e parts department of MI and enquire abt e cost of e STI rear ARB... I was told that itâs actually called anti roll bar and I have to get 2 bushings to go along or something like that... Are we referring to e same thing? I m worried that we are talking abt different thing :)

My intention is to get it from MI n install it at BKS...

Sorry if this is a noob qn but I m really clueless abt all this :)

Many Thks in advance! :)

get from Lesun @ ubi

subbie stockist

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2