2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Must test drive Richard monster... [drivingcar] esp the comfort of the STI seat...... :a-m1212:

Hi titanic,

Yes, these seat are quite comfortable and 1st time I can rest my head on the headrest most the time when driving.

Still on the lookout for some bros asking me to find more but not easy for powered ones in pair and full leather even if willing to rewrap leather since most with some damaged since already 3-4 yrs old.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

The feeling is different now. Itâs less bumpy and more firm. I think people behind will feel more harsh than bouncy. Some say less giddy.. Itâs pretty difficult to describe how it feels now (paiseh my England no good ah). Think the best is to try it out for yourself. Hahahaha

Hi Darren,

Can you share your cusco touring A settings ?

Think 20 clicks is stated to like stock dampers but reportedly not exactly and obviously firmer.

Colleague has RSR springs which is harder for the rear than sti pink spring with his cusco touring A and he had set them to 15 but going to 17-18 if I remember correctly.

You can try to contact bro Chucky who can also share his setting that I tried and find not harsh.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Richard

Ps: bro chucky has in cabin remote adjustment controller .. swee !

Hi Darren,

At least for my ride which I believe is already very quiet with elaborate SP, autofoam and primacy 3 ST, this body dampers are nice !!

I can tell that overall road noise decreased obviously and descending from road humps are better damped.

I would recommended them and no regret especially after paying less than 1/3 of sym cox dampers which can even be better or highest quality with dampers made by yamaha japan.

Also din know that after 2013, toyota estima aeras come stock with such front body damper and not only lexus.

Btw, these are not from highline but oem factory.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard quite keen with the dampers thing.... does the car handle better? Did u make a sound meter comparison before and after ?

Hi Eggroe and Muibrown,

Sorry to hear but guess your rides are not here yet.

My 1st bid on the pending Mazda 6 by eurokar when booked in Aug was half hearted at sgd22k+ vs prevailing 30k+ since car is expected in only end Oct/early Nov .. 2nd bid surprising was 30k+ and just missed 700 and 3rd bid was equally high with missed 307 but glad to share that eurokar exceed expectation to have bidded 33.5k today and hence just been contacted by SE to proceed with insurance application etc.

Please try to find out availability date of your rides and you can then expect bid to be much more aggressive and MI is already well known for being aggressive COE bidder with or without guaranteed back at sgd2k difference when I bought my fxt without.

Cheers,

Richard

Congrats on your successful bid!

So anyone managed to get the COE this time? I didn’t get mine

• Praise 3

Hi Darren,

Think 20 clicks is stated to like stock dampers but reportedly not exactly and obviously firmer.

Colleague has RSR springs which is harder for the rear than sti pink spring with his cusco touring A and he had set them to 15 but going to 17-18 if I remember correctly.

You can try to contact bro Chucky who can also share his setting that I tried and find not harsh.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Richard

if there's TEIN H-spring then can also consider. it is softer than the green S-spring.

R-SR ratings are usually quite hard to begin with I believe....

or maybe Corazon springs if there are any for Forester? usually Corazon also not hard.

• Praise 1

same for my wait for XV. bid even lower for my case, 26800. :mellow:

Just collected my FNA today. Heard from my SE that XV no stock. The shipping from Japan was delayed due to the recent typhoon. Maybe that's why MI is not keen to bid high. Once the stock arrived, they will bit more aggressive. I got my stock FNA from 1st bid.
  • Praise 1

Hi Darren,

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

Honestly i don’t know and never touched it since day 1. Ah Keong from BKS brought in the items, installed and tuned it for me.

I did asked Ah Keong about the clicks.. but I can’t remember if he said 25 clicks both front and rear or 5 clicks both front and rear. All I remembered is both front and rear are having the same clicks

Hmmmmm.. I think I better call him and ask again.

Oh, and the loss of 10mm profile might be a concern too as mentioned by long.

Less than 1cm drop in height only la... it’s a 1.5-1.7cm reduction in diameter from 225/55-18 to 235/50-18.

In fact 235/50-18 speedo reading is closest to real GPS speed (manufacturer have higher speed reading).

I have used 225/55-18, then change to 235/50-18 then 235/55-18 then now back to 235/50-18.. all no concern.

No concern only have preference.. Now I know I personally prefer a bigger looking tyres with lesser gap.. and the 1cm increase in height for 235/55-18 compare to 235/50-18 means I can clear more Low curb when park head in especially for foresters that has the STI front lips.

New owners don’t need to have so many concern la.. 225/55-18, 235/50-18, 235/55-18, 245/50-18 all ok for the SJ forester..

Edited by Chucky2007

Hi Richard

Wow wow wow!! Ok Iâm on cusco touring a dampers with stock springs, cusco power braces and upgraded bushings. Overall ride is firmer, no more bouncy ride but CFO complained harsh. (To the bro whom asked for review on the cusco touring a dampers) I personally liked it, but hope to improve further.

Can you pm me the contacts and the price u paid for?

Many thanks

Looking forward to this!

Hahahaha

Upgraded bushing meaning those like those Hardrace or other branded brand bushing? I think your CFO’s complaints are from the “upgraded” bushing.

A workshop I usually frequent use to sell and install these “upgraded” bushing but stopped a few years ago due to some parts failure incidents.

Haha.. that will be me asking abt touring a shocks. Thanks for sharing

Will those sitting at the back seat will feel the bumps on the road more aft installing the touring a?

Don’t think many can answer this.. most Drivers usually don’t sit at the back.

But one thing for sure is confirm better than the stock damper from KYB... my Touring A reaching 80,000km mileage liao.

Hi Richard

Honestly i donât know and never touched it since day 1. Ah Keong from BKS brought in the items, installed and tuned it for me.

I did asked Ah Keong about the clicks.. but I canât remember if he said 25 clicks both front and rear or 5 clicks both front and rear. All I remembered is both front and rear are having the same clicks

I think Keong will start at 5-6 clicks for new Touring A dampers.. unless you specifically tell him you like it “hard”.. and the harder the better than he will set to 25 Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 1

Hi Richard

Honestly i donât know and never touched it since day 1. Ah Keong from BKS brought in the items, installed and tuned it for me.

I did asked Ah Keong about the clicks.. but I canât remember if he said 25 clicks both front and rear or 5 clicks both front and rear. All I remembered is both front and rear are having the same clicks

Hi Darren,

Oops .. pls dun let wife know ..keke !

Yes, pls go ask ah keong and also learn to click .. always click back all the way and count back.

Big difference and you should find be able to get nearer to the sweet spot .. good kick !!

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard quite keen with the dampers thing.... does the car handle better? Did u make a sound meter comparison before and after ?

Hi Rainman,

Arguably handled better since especially increased rigidity .. imagine the 2 parallel main chassis beams being tied front and back to become a rectangle.

It is not overly rigid since it is a damper but you will find that unsettling movement are now minimised but slightly more abrupt since pulled back and damped .. hope this england make sense.

No sound meter used but my fxt is really quite quiet liao and it simply made it more so even on general road and certainly more muted across hump and potholes due to damping as well as less so movement or bottoming since more rigid.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Congrats on your new ride Richard.

Anyway, for the rest of us, no choice lor. We have to wait for next bidding. But I think the current Foresters are available stocks. I remember my DE said no more new shipments.

I wonder though, if the new forester is launched, can we top up to buy that instead. Hahahah

Edited by eggroe
  • Praise 2

Richard bro.. your article on that dampening material.. whatâs that? looks yummy. I have soft spot for anything that can quieten the cabin.. ð

Hey Chucky,

Busy har ... din hear from you for a long time leh.

Guess best explained here but expensive at almost 1.5k even if I import myself:

http://www.cox.co.jp/custmer_center/bd_catalog.html

Lexus uses it and estima 2013 onwards areas added front one not present in my 2007 one.

Reduction in noise is a by product while it aim to improve stability as mentioned to bro rainman.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

same for my wait for XV. bid even lower for my case, 26800. :mellow:

My personal opinion is that they will aggressively bid for the outgoing forester first though. XV still considered new, so they won’t bid so aggressively maybe

My personal opinion is that they will aggressively bid for the outgoing forester first though. XV still considered new, so they wonât bid so aggressively maybe

Hi eggroe,

Really depends on when car is arriving .. if xv is arriving sooner for potential, coe bid will be more aggressive for him to ensure they close the deal and make the money else we can escape from our obligation on booking .. less impact whether outgoing model or not.

With the recent lelongs of xc40 from 162k to 149k, harrier turbo down to 130k for new variant of not even having leather seat etc., A3 1.4 going for 120 vs 125k etc. in last 8 weeks even with coe varying less than 3k, some may be ok not to get coe.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement