2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Noted! What are you on now bro?

Cusco: http://suspension.cuscousainc.com/

i see... thought was referring to color  [laugh]

I am not driving Forester but GT7 XV.

got myself a used set of Prodrive 18x8 offset 45 to prepare for my GDB Brembo project, a set which I kept from my Legacy days...

even my old Prodrive GC07 17x7.5 offset 45 cleared barely with like 1mm to spare  [:p] on previous ride...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hey Darren,

Ah Keong not free until end Feb or early Mar 2019.

Decided to go to same ws used by kaki who helped me to get the cusco touring A and remote controller since his was installed there without any issue ... collecting on Monday and will run in for 1-2 weeks before going to kenny on expected same bad news of needing adjudtablr rear camber arm kit .. will set to 20/22 as a start.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard!

Sorry for the late reply! Wow Keong becoming very popular lol!

I tried 15/15 yesterday and 25/23 today. Your kaki was right.. it’s better and I don’t find it stiff yet. The response is much better. Will experiment it more.. hahaha

Am going for pps next week.. car is in a mess.. oops

Hi Richard!

Sorry for the late reply! Wow Keong becoming very popular lol!

I tried 15/15 yesterday and 25/23 today. Your kaki was right.. itâs better and I donât find it stiff yet. The response is much better. Will experiment it more.. hahaha

Am going for pps next week.. car is in a mess.. oops

Hi Darren,

No worry .. think Ah Keong at BKS Woodlands is always busy. Steady family man and champion worksmanship from how he fitted my IAG AOS and took initiative to re-run racechip harness with customized mount plate without asking.

I will reserve my review and further comments as I am still trying to dial in my preferred setting after 1 week after fitting .. had AB compared kaki's rsr setup which I am very familiar before he fitted the cusco touring A at 16/16 now and will comment on pink spring before and after cusco touring A with varied settings soon.

At this juncture, YMMV due to expectation and butt feel but suffice to say that cusco touring A to me is still not the elusive answer to me to achieve the elusive compliant ride for the forester xt with pink that I had hope for .. and the 3 mths old FL mazda 6 executive whose ride is good enuff for me as sanity check ensures that I am reminded in comparison.

Btw, you are in rsr right ? From 10/10 to 15/15 and 25/23, it seems to me that you are also struggling a bit but hope I am wrong .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Do you know if the FNA stock calipers can be used for the XT stock rotors and brake pads?

You mean you want to be the stock fna kit on the xt? I don't understand. Why woud you want to do that?

You mean you want to be the stock fna kit on the xt? I don't understand. Why woud you want to do that?

Hi Notknow,

Perhaps bro is driving fna and can only get rotor and pad from xt wthout the calipers ??

No, I do not believe can be done since larger rotor mean cannot fit or biting inside of rotor since fna calipers are aiming for small rotor.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Notknow,

Perhaps bro is driving fna and can only get rotor and pad from xt wthout the calipers ??

No, I do not believe can be done since larger rotor mean cannot fit or biting inside of rotor since fna calipers are aiming for small rotor.

Cheers.

Richard

I see. Now I get it.

I would think not possible as I have previous experience trying to do similar on a different ride and end up need to change whole set.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Anyone on Kumho Tyre for FNA 225/60/17R?

Any recommendation for workshop to replace tyres? As a few of my regular place all told me the 225/60/17R is not a common size, they have to order. (But so many of us is on the road now a days) [confused]

My ride is 37000KM now.

As an alternative, maybe you can consider changing car tyres in Johor Bahru?  There are several well known brands available for 225/60 x 17:

-  Michelin Primacy 4

-  Continental UC6

-  Goodyear Wrangler TripleMax

I see. Now I get it.

I would think not possible as I have previous experience trying to do similar on a different ride and end up need to change whole set.

Sorry for not making myself clear earlier on bro!

Yes Richard is correct - Initially I could only get the XT pads and rotors. Thankfully I managed to find another bro who was selling his whole stock XT set which included calipers.

• Praise 1

As an alternative, maybe you can consider changing car tyres in Johor Bahru? There are several well known brands available for 225/60 x 17:

- Michelin Primacy 4

- Continental UC6

- Goodyear Wrangler TripleMax

Hi JBboy, do u happen to have any recommendations on JB that carry those tyres that u have listed on size 225/60/17?

Many thks in advance! :)

Thanks JBboy.

Hi falcon,

Please add Pirelli Scorpion Verdes but remove noisy Conti CPC6.

Primary 4 ST also looks and feel different from Primacy 3 ST which I hope you still can get 2018 ones.

Cheers,

Richard

(edited)

Thanks JBboy.

Below are the tyre outlets (although you can find many other tyre shops dotting JB town carrying the same brands):

Michelin: City Tyre, at the end of Jln Serampang.

Continental: Syarikat Lim Chin Hin, in Taman Pelangi. New tyre version is UC6.

Goodyear: Hawk Tyre Service (large tyre chain within JB), Jalan Badik 1, in Taman Sri Tebrau.

Edited by JBboy

Below are the tyre outlets (although you can find many other tyre shops dotting JB town carrying the same brands):

Michelin: City Tyre, at the end of Jln Serampang.

Continental: Syarikat Lim Chin Hin, in Taman Pelangi. New tyre version is UC6.

Goodyear: Hawk Tyre Service (large tyre chain within JB), Jalan Badik 1, in Taman Sri Tebrau.

Much cheaper? What do they have for our forester?

Anyone using 225/55/17?

(edited)

The tyre size is for FNA - 225/60 x 17.  Sorry, I did not ask for other sizes or brands (Korean & Japan).

Michelin Primacy 4 (Made in Thailand?) is around RM560/pc to RM590/pc.

Continental UC6 (Made in Malaysia) is around RM490/pc.

Goodyear Wrangler Triplemax (Made in Malaysia or Thailand?) is around RM450/pc.

All tyre dealers give better discount if 4 tyres are replaced.

Edited by JBboy
  • Praise 2

Ah boon not able to solve because he didn’t install this OBD model before where the installation methods are different.

I DIY my self and it works...

Look for the post that I verify with Richard. That’s the OBD device that me and MO purchased.

Bro,

When are you available to help with my device?

Or you have imparted the knowledge to Ah boon?

Gam Sia

• Praise 1

Hi all

My missus accidentally brushed one of my rims of my 6 mths old FNA. Quite badly scratched.

I want to use back the existing tyres so what are my options?

I know the cheapest and easiest one is to buy used fna stock rims but checking if there are other options..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1