2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi Orixy,

Indeed not many tried Tein springs or at least no one had shared here.

Harder and lower springs than pink and rsr with stock dampers ? Dun think viable for compliant ride cos stock dampers being soft will do even less for rebound i.e. like no dampers .. at least from what I experienced stock springs, pink springs and rsr springs.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard for your comments.

I had harboured somewhat similar doubts hence hesitated to part my moolahs on these even though they were from a reputable Jap suspension co. and considerably cheaper than say pink springs. I'll pass on them then. Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Orixy,

Indeed not many tried Tein springs or at least no one had shared here.

Harder and lower springs than pink and rsr with stock dampers ? Dun think viable for compliant ride cos stock dampers being soft will do even less for rebound i.e. like no dampers .. at least from what I experienced stock springs, pink springs and rsr springs.

Cheers.

Richard

H.tech is softer, S.tech (green) are harder

and the spring rates for H.tech shouldn't be considered high, isn't RsR traditionally hard?

(edited)

H.tech is softer, S.tech (green) are harder

and the spring rates for H.tech shouldn't be considered high, isn't RsR traditionally hard?

Hi Sarion,

Did not compared spec ... only with reference to bro Orixy's comment on harder springs.

I prefer to stay with sti pink spring for obvious reason that it was designed by Subaru but with adjustable cusco dampers to moderate between almost stock but also for options to get harder for nshwy or varying load .. hence mentioned that incabin controller econ2e is mandatory for me.

Yes, rsr is certainly harder than rsr and hence the latter is more stable but more abrupt with or without cusco touring A dampers.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi moxiao,

I missed it back then as was overseas.

Any chance of having this session again? Or guide what to do?

:)

Hi Muibrown,

Bro Herjia help me set it. Really very kind of him.

I dun think there is any guide beyond what the manufacturer provided.

But need to remove steering wheel cover to access the plug for the smaller wire.

And the critical part is that one of the wire need to goes into fuse box 10V.

If you are good at these electronic, i can take pictures for you as a guide.

But if you are as hopeless in electric car parts like myself, have to wait for Herjia.

Hi Muibrown,

Bro Herjia help me set it. Really very kind of him.

I dun think there is any guide beyond what the manufacturer provided.

But need to remove steering wheel cover to access the plug for the smaller wire.

And the critical part is that one of the wire need to goes into fuse box 10V.

If you are good at these electronic, i can take pictures for you as a guide.

But if you are as hopeless in electric car parts like myself, have to wait for Herjia.

Hi bro mo,

Thanks for the offer. I actually found an older post and reviewed the video. Not sure if that is exact steps... if you can confirm will be great help.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698911-2015-forester-20/page-744

(edited)

Hey bros,

Any confirmed part nos. for cusco adjustable camber lateral link and adjustable toe link ?

Should they be 6A1-474-LN and 6A1-474-LA respectively ?? Only one rare blog showed 6A1-474-LN camber link is suitable for our sj forester and nothing on 6A1-474-LA toe link which worries me before I shoot for them.

Subispeed's wrx user review indicates SPC Performance ones are somewhat limited at +/-2 deg adjustability and he is changing to also Cusco's although I would prefer black black like stock and not cusco blue like also taiwanese hardrace ones.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hey bros,

Any confirmed part nos. for cusco adjustable camber lateral link and adjustable toe link ?

Should they be 6A1-474-LN and 6A1-474-LA respectively ?? Only one rare blog showed 6A1-474-LN camber link is suitable for our sj forester and nothing on 6A1-474-LA toe link which worries me before I shoot for them.

Subispeed's wrx user review indicates SPC Performance ones are somewhat limited at +/-2 deg adjustability and he is changing to also Cusco's although I would prefer black black like stock and not cusco blue like also taiwanese hardrace ones.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

https://www.cusco.co.jp/cusco_catalog/180/

I think if it’s under wrx (vag), it shld fit ours.

Cheers

Darren

• Praise 2

(edited)

Hi Richard

https://www.cusco.co.jp/cusco_catalog/180/

I think if it’s under wrx (vag), it shld fit ours.

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Blur liao ... just found cusco taiwan brochure on wrx vag but camber is 6A1 474 L and not 6A1 474 LN which I thought was confirmed as one sj forester kaki informed me that this is what his sj forester kaki ordered from japanparts.com and works fine.

Still not sure if toe adjustable link is 6A1 474 LA ... quite surprised that there is almost zero info on these Cusco camber and toe links for our forester sj version :(

These are not cheap and still hope any bro who had fitted cusco camber and toe links can advise ... TIA !

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-01197600-1554693115_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Darren,

Blur liao ... just found cusco taiwan brochure on wrx vag but camber is 6A1 474 L and not 6A1 474 LN which I thought was confirmed as one sj forester kaki informed me that this is what his sj forester kaki ordered from japanparts.com and works fine.

Still not sure if toe adjustable link is 6A1 474 LA ... quite surprised that there is almost zero info on these Cusco camber and toe links for our forester sj version :(

These are not cheap and still hope any bro who had fitted cusco camber and toe links can advise ... TIA !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard

Why don’t u ask ah Keong? i think he shld know which fits.

Cheers

Darren

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Richard

Why don’t u ask ah Keong? i think he shld know which fits.

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Checked liao and he advised adjustable toe-in link may not be needed ... btw, believe Taiwanese Cusco brochure of 6A1 474 L is just older version and 6A1 474 LN is touted to be new.

BKS c/o Ah Keong is always dependable for our Subaru forester.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Darren,

Checked liao and he advised adjustable toe-in link may not be needed ... btw, believe Taiwanese Cusco brochure of 6A1 474 L is just older version and 6A1 474 LN is touted to be new.

BKS c/o Ah Keong is always dependable for our Subaru forester.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard

Yup. Kenny alignment told me that I only need the rear lateral arm. The rest no need. Was considering cusco initially but changed to hardrace coz of the price. Cusco was way too expensive for that arm.

Yes Dr Keong.. that what I called him. Hahaha

Cheers

Darren

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Richard

Yup. Kenny alignment told me that I only need the rear lateral arm. The rest no need. Was considering cusco initially but changed to hardrace coz of the price. Cusco was way too expensive for that arm.

Yes Dr Keong.. that what I called him. Hahaha

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

How much for Hardrace from Ricky including installation ?

I have next shipment from Japan and minimum added shipping as well as <sgd400 on Cusco adjustable camber link. Came thus far on this quest for more compliant ride and a bit of beat dead meat liao ... hence initially thinking of going for brokes for also swee swee toe adjustment .. lol !

Btw, can loan you stock toe link to mod for 100+ but retain preferred stock mounts if I proceed with also cusco's sgd400 adjustable toe link.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Darren,

How much for Hardrace from Ricky including installation ?

I have next shipment from Japan and minimum added shipping as well as <sgd400 on Cusco adjustable camber link. Came thus far on this quest for more compliant ride and a bit of beat dead meat liao ... hence initially thinking of going for brokes for also swee swee toe adjustment .. lol !

Btw, can loan you stock toe link to mod for 100+ but retain preferred stock mounts if I proceed with also cusco's sgd400 adjustable toe link.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

I bought it from Ah boy BMS for $620 before GST includes installation. Alignment not inclusive.

Whoops!!! I didn’t take it back and I asked them to throw... haha

Cheers

Darren

Hi Richard

I bought it from Ah boy BMS for $620 before GST includes installation. Alignment not inclusive.

Whoops!!! I didn’t take it back and I asked them to throw... haha

Cheers

Darren

This is the one just to be sure. Lol

post-178051-0-68476400-1554726024_thumb.jpeg

(edited)

Hi Richard

Whoops!!! I didnât take it back and I asked them to throw... haha

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thanks again but also not cheap then for hardrace's adjustable camber link.

Sorry for the confusion but mod of stock to being adjustable is the toe link and not the camber link per photo ... the cusco toe link is actually more expensive by a bit than cusco camber link.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-90548000-1554726363_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Darren,

Thanks again but also not cheap then for hardrace's adjustable camber link.

Sorry for the confusion but mod of stock to being adjustable is the toe link and not the camber link per photo ... the cusco toe link is actually more expensive by a bit than cusco camber link.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard

Hahaha Cusco are always not cheap. But made in Japan are always trustworthy. Close your eyes and press purchase! Hahaha

Cheers

Darren

↡ Advertisement