2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hi Richard

Hahaha Cusco are always not cheap. But made in Japan are always trustworthy. Close your eyes and press purchase! Hahaha

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Cusco adjustable camber link oreli shot but still deliberating on the Cusco adjustable toe link .. see how and will sleep on this .. hehe.

Thanks again for all the sharing .. but hope this helps other bros in time to come albiet still surprised with little/no info available.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi bro mo,

Thanks for the offer. I actually found an older post and reviewed the video. Not sure if that is exact steps... if you can confirm will be great help.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698911-2015-forester-20/page-744

That Video is for the Big connector and largely correct.

It does not show how to connect the small one which you need to remove the sterring wheel cover before you can access.

So the wheel need to go 90 degree before you can see and loosen the screw then the other way 180D is the other screw.

One part of the small one goes to a connector directly underneath the wheel(need to disconnect), one part to the fuse box 10V, one part to the big wire and one part behind the wheel. (This one challenging cos it a bit hidden)

Bro Herjia connect the device to fuse10V instead of 20.

Understand they took 2hour the first time. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Will a 7.5j rim be a better choice than a 8j?

Recently, I bought a battery pump to replace the spare tyres in my boot..not too sure if this is a great idea but I understand that these days, new car come with pump instead of spare tyres..save a bit of weight n spare tyres is one of those things that I think, many of us don't check..end up when we needed it..it's flat..

Edited by Doggyfoo

Hi Richard

Hahaha Cusco are always not cheap. But made in Japan are always trustworthy. Close your eyes and press purchase! Hahaha

Cheers

Darren

Darren, what's your set up for the suspension? Cusco Touring A with stock spring?

Darren, what's your set up for the suspension? Cusco Touring A with stock spring?

Hi Zpliu

I’m using Cusco touring a with rsr spring. 25F 23R for now. Still playing with it now and then.. lol

Hi Zpliu

Iâm using Cusco touring a with rsr spring. 25F 23R for now. Still playing with it now and then.. lol

Ah I see. Ok ok...I'm considering changing the dampers but dont wanna spend on control arms Haha. On pink like Richard too, but his alignment got affected. So I'm a little concerned as the dampers supposes to be stock height. Edited by Zpliu

Will a 7.5j rim be a better choice than a 8j?

Recently, I bought a battery pump to replace the spare tyres in my boot..not too sure if this is a great idea but I understand that these days, new car come with pump instead of spare tyres..save a bit of weight n spare tyres is one of those things that I think, many of us don't check..end up when we needed it..it's flat..

Are u considering BBK in future? If yes 8 might be a better choice. But both 7.5 and 8 can both stick to stock tyre profile, so other than difference in weight I cant see much

Are u considering BBK in future? If yes 8 might be a better choice. But both 7.5 and 8 can both stick to stock tyre profile, so other than difference in weight I cant see much

Nope, doubt I will go bbk in future. Felt that the cost involve is just not worth it for me. So I guess for non bbk. 7.5j will be a much better choice? For the weight saving ya?

https://ibb.co/THzKDTP

This is a bitch to install, the 2 screws should not be tightened. It's easier if u do long screw n bolt first. With the 2 screw loosened. There is allowance to still clip it on thereafter. That is for the gas pedal.

The dead pedal, is too long. 1 x 5mm long tapping screw to hold it in place.

Edited by Doggyfoo
  • Praise 1

Nope, doubt I will go bbk in future. Felt that the cost involve is just not worth it for me. So I guess for non bbk. 7.5j will be a much better choice? For the weight saving ya?

https://ibb.co/THzKDTP

This is a bitch to install, the 2 screws should not be tightened. It's easier if u do long screw n bolt first. With the 2 screw loosened. There is allowance to still clip it on thereafter. That is for the gas pedal.

The dead pedal, is too long. 1 x 5mm long tapping screw to hold it in place.

Depends also la. What brand and what process the rims made from. A forged 8.5 might be lighter than a casted 7.5? Shop around shortlist the rim design first. Cuz not all design might have the width u want.

The pedal I have no freaking idea. 2nd day I get car, I bring to workshop to install hahahah. I still cant believe I spent over 150 to step on it.

• Praise 1

The pedal I have no freaking idea. 2nd day I get car, I bring to workshop to install hahahah. I still cant believe I spent over 150 to step on it.

Hi ZP,

Somehow remind me of my 400+ banned STI start/stop engine button but Nike is right and I was also fortunate enough to found NOS one ... keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Zpliu

I’m using Cusco touring a with rsr spring. 25F 23R for now. Still playing with it now and then.. lol

Hi Darren,

Butts sensitivity differs but kaki with RSR spring (Titanium version) finally settle .. for now ... at 13/13 for your reference which incidentally is also my latest setting to be almost like stock but still harder aka abruptness while alleviating the thuds with pink and stock dampers with option for 40/40 max possible on nshwy at illegal speed ... keke ! :ninja:

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Foo,

Understand not cheap but there are also cos effective and fine BBK like Prologic version 2 for front big 4 for 1.4k now unless you want big badge ...

However, difficult to put a price on safety and may various due to past experience which more effective BBK is about unless again, you want big badge of Brembo, AP Racing, StopTech, Sparta ... or even MoVit's.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Foo,

Understand not cheap but there are also cos effective and fine BBK like Prologic version 2 for front big 4 for 1.4k now unless you want big badge ...

However, difficult to put a price on safety and may various due to past experience which more effective BBK is about unless again, you want big badge of Brembo, AP Racing, StopTech, Sparta ... or even MoVit's.

Cheers,

Richard

Yes Richard, it's true we shouldn't put a price on safety. Would brake bias be affected if we upgrade the front only?

Branding is secondary to me. What matter is reliablity, functionality and ease of getting spare parts.

Currently, I still need to look at my over steering problem. Over steer on the left, fighting on the right.

• Praise 1

Yes Richard, it's true we shouldn't put a price on safety. Would brake bias be affected if we upgrade the front only?

Branding is secondary to me. What matter is reliablity, functionality and ease of getting spare parts.

Currently, I still need to look at my over steering problem. Over steer on the left, fighting on the right.

Hi,

Think biasing is oversold for street2 use ..my Ksport 6/4 has 256mm rotors both front and rear while some bros goes front 4 or front 6 only without upgrading rear and all ok when I test but only varying degrees of bite, modulation and anti fading. Guess same master pump which is proabably more crucial.

Even entry prologic is fine after having used in for almost 3 yrs before changing my qashqai to mazda 6 and I was also using also taiwanese JBT for 6-7 years in my scrapped estima acr50.

If you want else of spares, more expensive Ksport prefer especially with dust caps for big 6 cos seems Prologic used only DSpec pads, rotors etc. like many other entry level rebadged taiwanese bbk.

Yes, this left oversteering is well known and can be alleviated by alignment. I was frankly oblivious to it until I changed to kenstyle double D steering as it would then show up more obviously.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi,

Think biasing is oversold for street2 use ..my Ksport 6/4 has 256mm rotors both front and rear while some bros goes front 4 or front 6 only without upgrading rear and all ok when I test but only varying degrees of bite, modulation and anti fading. Guess same master pump which is proabably more crucial.

Even entry prologic is fine after having used in for almost 3 yrs before changing my qashqai to mazda 6 and I was also using also taiwanese JBT for 6-7 years in my scrapped estima acr50.

If you want else of spares, more expensive Ksport prefer especially with dust caps for big 6 cos seems Prologic used only DSpec pads, rotors etc. like many other entry level rebadged taiwanese bbk.

Yes, this left oversteering is well known and can be alleviated by alignment. I was frankly oblivious to it until I changed to kenstyle double D steering as it would then show up more obviously.

Cheers.

Richard

356mm rotors ..keke !

On front 6 only here. So far so good. Butt dyno feels modulation much much better
  • Praise 1

On front 6 only here. So far so good. Butt dyno feels modulation much much better

I was looking at 4pots..seemed to cost in the region of 3k+.
  • Praise 1

I was looking at 4pots..seemed to cost in the region of 3k+.

For AP racing, yes around there.

If u are not brand conscious, other than I sports and r logic which Richard mentioned, you can consider house brands of local workshop like Force, CJ dynamics, Rage. BMS has their own house brand, it's closer to 3k though compared to the others I mentioned

• Praise 1

For AP racing, yes around there.

If u are not brand conscious, other than I sports and r logic which Richard mentioned, you can consider house brands of local workshop like Force, CJ dynamics, Rage. BMS has their own house brand, it's closer to 3k though compared to the others I mentioned

I was considering house brand but worried what happened if they stop the line.. Are there compatible parts available. K sport seem ok to me. There is a fxt in my cp with a k Sport, so far, I understand that he is very happy with it.

I have a chance to get a pair of wilwood foc but gave it up due to needing mod to fit it.

↡ Advertisement