2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Rubber changing time...short listed a few

Latitude sports 3

Cpc6

Prileli verde

Any bros here have any experience with these rubbers?

Hi Rainman,

Tried from yucky stock to Pirelli Scorpion Verde to Continental CPC6 and then Primacy 3 ST.

Primarily 3 ST is champion with reasonably good grip at 140-150kmhr on nshwy on a rainy day but not longer available or those 2017 ones that I would avoid and Primacy 4ST (Thailand and China ... ask to see labels b4 they remove) unfortunately had change pattern and while claimed 0,5db quieter, it is not so when fitted into my mazda 6.

Continental CPC6 is noisiest of the lot and I will go with Scorpion Verde used also in Rover SUV while Lattude Sports should be fine with longevity like Primacy 3 ST but I had not used it to share 1st hand experience and they do have 235/55/18 i.e. profile 55 which I wish for more rubber instead of current profile 50 on primacy 3 ST.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi Richard

Hahaha Cusco are always not cheap. But made in Japan are always trustworthy. Close your eyes and press purchase! Hahaha

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,

Cusco camber lateral link arrived yesterday and fitted today together with colleague with RSR spring and cusco damper A .... all good for now. even though did not proceed with cusco toe link since it is 450 instead of 400 without shipping and with gst.

Deblueing is "professionally" done by yours truly and cusco marking when black looks actually betta if anyone was to see it ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-55516000-1555575189_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-73580700-1555575201_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-03331200-1555575217_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-12318300-1555575233_thumb.jpg

post-149594-0-76372000-1555575245_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Spawn,

Zero chance of damaging any springs toughen for 1.7ton/4.

Did MO for 8 sets and some packaging can be flatten cos they are heavy but spring themselves cannot get damaged.

BTW, please ensure fitter add rubber hose at ends or simply go to BKS Woodlands c/o Ah Keong ... 2 bros went to their unknown workshop to fit and ended up noisy and had to been reinstalled,

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks bro for the good advice!

My FXT 3yrs this month. But mileage is more than a 4 yrs old car here. Already 92k+.

Hyrogen cleaning is part of the 4 servicing package, so I don't know the price for itself.

Thanks... feeling ride abit lethargic and fc getting slightly worse these days. Mine also 3 yo. Mayb will visit the workshop when I m feeling rich haha

Hi Rainman,

Tried from yucky stock to Pirelli Scorpion Verde to Continental CPC6 and then Primacy 3 ST.

Primarily 3 ST is champion with reasonably good grip at 140-150kmhr on nshwy on a rainy day but not longer available or those 2017 ones that I would avoid and Primacy 4ST (Thailand and China ... ask to see labels b4 they remove) unfortunately had change pattern and while claimed 0,5db quieter, it is not so when fitted into my mazda 6.

Continental CPC6 is noisiest of the lot and I will go with Scorpion Verde used also in Rover SUV while Lattude Sports should be fine with longevity like Primacy 3 ST but I had not used it to share 1st hand experience and they do have 235/55/18 i.e. profile 55 which I wish for more rubber instead of current profile 50 on primacy 3 ST.

Cheers.

Richard

Surprise that cpc is noisiest of the bunch. Online review is very good, top summer tire for some comparison website.

I think I might be getting the latitude sport 3 due to the thread wear.... heard it can go like 50-60k Km.

Looking at 60 profile.

Anyone know stock 7j rim can fit 235 width rubber?

Hi Bro,

My almost 3 yr old FXT is also feeling sluggish even though my mileage is low at 40k.

Fuel consumption is getting worse.

Can I know what is the price for the hydrogen treatment at BMW Woodlands? PM me if price is sensitive issue.

And can I also know the downtime?

TIA!!

Just to share something which may be of interest to those who pamper their cars.

My FXT has been feeling a little sluggish and FC dropped 10-15% consistently though driving routes and habits are unchanged.

So I went to try the neuto hydrogen treatment at BMS Woodlands (though I usually service my car at BKS). Wasn’t expecting much as I’ve previously tried Motorvac and Klearcarbon which also clean the intake valves.

The neuto machine has a digital display which shows you “before“ and “after” emission results which I was sceptical about. However, when I drove off, I was very surprised that the sluggishness is gone. And it’s been almost 2 weeks and my FC is back to normal.

To be fair, Motorvac/Klearcarbon may have produced the same results and there is no visual inspection of the intake valves before and after the treatment but it would have been too troublesome and costly. But for me, it made a very noticeable difference and I would highly recommend this to FXT owners.

• Praise 1

Hi Rainman,

I am currently on CPC6 for a few months.

First 3k, noise level was acceptable coming from stock OEM tires.

Grip was so so only.

After 3k, noise starts getting louder and ride gets harder.

But grip improved a lot even in wet conditions.

Now at about 8k, the ride is quite harsh for my liking but tread still looks good.

Only plus point so far is the grip.

I am still on OEM tire size.

I don't think I will buy this again.

Hope this short review helps.

Cheers.

Rubber changing time...short listed a few
Latitude sports 3
Cpc6
Prileli verde

Any bros here have any experience with these rubbers?

• Praise 2

Hi Rainman,

I am currently on CPC6 for a few months.

First 3k, noise level was acceptable coming from stock OEM tires.

Grip was so so only.

After 3k, noise starts getting louder and ride gets harder.

But grip improved a lot even in wet conditions.

Now at about 8k, the ride is quite harsh for my liking but tread still looks good.

Only plus point so far is the grip.

I am still on OEM tire size.

I don't think I will buy this again.

Hope this short review helps.

Cheers.

Thanks bro if that’s the case I will give it a miss man

Thanks bro for the good advice!

Thanks... feeling ride abit lethargic and fc getting slightly worse these days. Mine also 3 yo. Mayb will visit the workshop when I m feeling rich haha

Surprise that cpc is noisiest of the bunch. Online review is very good, top summer tire for some comparison website.

I think I might be getting the latitude sport 3 due to the thread wear.... heard it can go like 50-60k Km.

Looking at 60 profile.

Anyone know stock 7j rim can fit 235 width rubber?

Negative. 225 is the max for 7j.
  • Praise 1

Hi Darren,

Cusco camber lateral link arrived yesterday and fitted today together with colleague with RSR spring and cusco damper A .... all good for now. even though did not proceed with cusco toe link since it is 450 instead of 400 without shipping and with gst.

Deblueing is "professionally" done by yours truly and cusco marking when black looks actually betta if anyone was to see it ... lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Does the camber lateral links help to improve handlin?

I have to say that the damper struts u recommended (Alvin) was a very good add on, thanks much! Ride is much smoother with this :)

Hi Richard,

Does the camber lateral links help to improve handlin?

I have to say that the damper struts u recommended (Alvin) was a very good add on, thanks much! Ride is much smoother with this :)

Hi Shiki,

No, it does not improve handling but necessary evil to get there. Lowered ride handles ride better but camber will be affected out of specification of 1.5 deg and arguably 2 deg max.

Only to correct camber when your lower you ride if you are anal about it or >2.5 degree. You may even need adjustable toe link if this adjustable camber lateral link does not suffice.

Cheèrs.

Richard

Firstly, thanks James for sharing on the BMS hydrogen valve cleaning. I should be paying a visit soon.

Secondly, just wanna chip in on tyres. I've been on Mich Latitude Sports3 235/55/R18 for abt a year and abt 12k km mileage. They're fitted on the stock Fxt rims. So far so good including trips on nshw, and they're fantastic in wet conditions. Dry grip is miles better than the stock Bridgestone. Paid $1k all in at Leong Seng paya ubi. I do pump them higher at 260 when warm cos they are better on higher pressure.

Lastly, helloooo again to bro Richard on yck rd! Twice this week. Our after work going home hours seem to be sama sama.

• Praise 3

Hi Shiki,

No, it does not improve handling but necessary evil to get there. Lowered ride handles ride better but camber will be affected out of specification of 1.5 deg and arguably 2 deg max.

Only to correct camber when your lower you ride if you are anal about it or >2.5 degree. You may even need adjustable toe link if this adjustable camber lateral link does not suffice.

Cheèrs.

Richard

Ic thanks
  • Praise 1

Firstly, thanks James for sharing on the BMS hydrogen valve cleaning. I should be paying a visit soon.

Secondly, just wanna chip in on tyres. I've been on Mich Latitude Sports3 235/55/R18 for abt a year and abt 12k km mileage. They're fitted on the stock Fxt rims. So far so good including trips on nshw, and they're fantastic in wet conditions. Dry grip is miles better than the stock Bridgestone. Paid $1k all in at Leong Seng paya ubi. I do pump them higher at 260 when warm cos they are better on higher pressure.

Lastly, helloooo again to bro Richard on yck rd! Twice this week. Our after work going home hours seem to be sama sama.

Thanks bro! That’s a very good assurance

Neutral Newbie

Anyone ordering anything from japan parts?

I m planning to order pink spring for sj. We can share the shipping

Are you ordering for SJ5 NA model? I am interested
  • Praise 1

Are you ordering for SJ5 NA model? I am interested

I m ordering 2 xt pink spring for myself and bro spawn101. If u wan to tag along pm me ur number. I think we can save some freight all together. U can check out japanparts.com first

Hi Bro,

My almost 3 yr old FXT is also feeling sluggish even though my mileage is low at 40k.

Fuel consumption is getting worse.

Can I know what is the price for the hydrogen treatment at BMW Woodlands? PM me if price is sensitive issue.

And can I also know the downtime?

TIA!!

Suggest you give BMS woodlands a call and find out the details as I noticed BMS didn’t disclose his price on his Facebook

It takes about 30mins

Hi ZP,

Somehow remind me of my 400+ banned STI start/stop engine button but Nike is right and I was also fortunate enough to found NOS one ... keke !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Darren,

Butts sensitivity differs but kaki with RSR spring (Titanium version) finally settle .. for now ... at 13/13 for your reference which incidentally is also my latest setting to be almost like stock but still harder aka abruptness while alleviating the thuds with pink and stock dampers with option for 40/40 max possible on nshwy at illegal speed ... keke ! :ninja:

Cheers,

Richard

Richard, I just turned up the damper settings on my Cusco dampers. It’s now 28 clicks from softest for both front and back.

The car handles even better now! floaty feeling at high speed is further reduced and the car “settles” down faster after going over road imperfections. Maybe my butt getting numb or fatter but comfort level is still very acceptable.

Richard, I just turned up the damper settings on my Cusco dampers. Itâs now 28 clicks from softest for both front and back.

The car handles even better now! floaty feeling at high speed is further reduced and the car âsettlesâ down faster after going over road imperfections. Maybe my butt getting numb or fatter but comfort level is still very acceptable.

Hi James,

Good for driver but mine even with softer pink and not rsr did not pass 19 by CO due to "abruptness" aka hard .. keke !

I am now back to 14/14 but indeed subjective except that it is far from compliance and not satisfactory still to me .. the mazda 6 reminds me constantly :(

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement