2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

19 hours ago, Tohto said:

My wheelskinz wrap leather steering wheel.

rps20180608_133013.jpg

Congrats!   I’m did the same with wheelskinz too a while ago.   Quality and workmanship are top notch.  Till today, the Napa leather is smooth and looks new. 

• Praise 1

On 9/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, Jamesgetz said:

Thank you so much!  Did you have to remove the original emblem to install the STi one? 

Hi James,

I changed to another SRS cover when doing the leather wrap  and removed the original emblem but no, you do not have to do so which was the case before SRS cover's leather wrap.

Cheers.

Richard

SRS Cover.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

On 9/8/2019 at 2:19 PM, Tohto said:

My wheelskinz wrap leather steering wheel.

rps20180608_133013.jpg

Hi Tohto,

Can consider SRS cover wrap and call Wheelzkin again liao .. keke !

Cheers.

Richard

SRS.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Realised the search function within thread is gone, so gonna trouble you guys with this questions:

1) if want to install ARB to improve cornering stability, but not kill comfort, which basic upgrade and where to upgrade?

2) CVT or EO cooler is recommended for normal drive where EO typically no more than 105 degC? how high is it safe for EO to go?

3) what are the typical Subaru workshops to service forester XT? BMS? BKS? anywhere else?

4) which stockist to go to for DIY part replacements (eg filters, sparkplugs, etc)?

5) anyone installed wireless OBD devices to monitor other car parameters?

On 9/5/2019 at 11:31 PM, jeremyboyle said:

Hi guys,

steering wheel vibrates when braking at above 100km/hr.

what are the other factors resulting to this other than rotor is warped?

any concern if its not remedied?

Not warpped per se. uneven brake pad deposits. You can try skimming a bit to see if it helps or change to a new set of pads and rotors. 

Please ask the prices for skimming. Cause local workshops can charge a ridiculous amount to skim. Buying new rotors could be just $20-30 more. 

• Praise 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, Mkl22 said:

Not warpped per se. uneven brake pad deposits. You can try skimming a bit to see if it helps or change to a new set of pads and rotors. 

Please ask the prices for skimming. Cause local workshops can charge a ridiculous amount to skim. Buying new rotors could be just $20-30 more. 

any shop to recommend for skimming?

Hi guys, just got a 4/2 gold brembo with rotors for Forester SJ. So now I’m looking for a set of 18 inch wheels that could fit the bbk without spacers and flush nicely. If anyone has a set to let go let me know. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Wrigleys said:

Hi guys, just got a 4/2 gold brembo with rotors for Forester SJ. So now I’m looking for a set of 18 inch wheels that could fit the bbk without spacers and flush nicely. If anyone has a set to let go let me know. Thanks!

Probably u need +35 or +38 offset to flush nicely without spacer,unfortunately limited rims in the market with pcd 5x100

On 9/9/2019 at 7:16 PM, thefalcon said:

2019.May
Driver side mirror not folding open.
After using the mirror switch a few time, it's back to normal.
after an hour later, go check on it. It stop responding again.

Same technic, use the button to fold and unfold a few time it back to working.
It happen again many times since 19Aug19. Usually in the morning.

Anyone experience the same ? any DIY solution?

The motor failing soon.

Up to a stage it will not move anymore.

I had already replaced the right side folding  mirror motor.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, shutterbox said:

Realised the search function within thread is gone, so gonna trouble you guys with this questions:

1) if want to install ARB to improve cornering stability, but not kill comfort, which basic upgrade and where to upgrade?

2) CVT or EO cooler is recommended for normal drive where EO typically no more than 105 degC? how high is it safe for EO to go?

3) what are the typical Subaru workshops to service forester XT? BMS? BKS? anywhere else?

4) which stockist to go to for DIY part replacements (eg filters, sparkplugs, etc)?

I'll try tackling your queries:

1) the rear 20mm STI anti-roll bar is tried and tested to perform really well on the Forester. It was my first mod and still one of the best bang for bucks till date. 

2) The FXT comes with a simple factory fitted EO cooler.  I have a heavy right foot but my EO temp have never exceeded 100 d.celcius. and CVT temp never exceeded 85 d.celcius, even on high speed NSHW. So I'll say the stock setup works fine...until you go tracking. Use good quality 5w30 EO and you should not need that cooler.

3) three usual suspects come to mind and you've named two, the other would be DM.

4) stockist would be Lesun and JAE, both located within the same block in Ubi. Just Google their names. I've also bought several parts like spark plugs, air and cabin filters,  suspension bushings, bypass valve, all from eBay. Usually eBay costs 20-50% cheaper even when shipping is factored in. You just need to do more research to ensure that the part you're buying is the correct one. So far my mediocre online research skills have not failed me. 

5) there's usually three camps - Lufi, ultraguage, or Scanguage. Google them. I'm using a 12yrs old Scanguage2 to read CVT temps, A/F, water temp, fuel trim. More importantly, it helps clear fault codes on-the-fly without needing to remove the car battery. I also have a Taobao $90 bluetooth Obd device that connects to my android tablet for full ECU diagnostic akin to those in wkshops. Google "launch obd" if you're interested.  Can buy easily from Taobao. 

Hope these help. 

Regards, 

Stanley

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Orixy said:

I'll try tackling your queries:

1) the rear 20mm STI anti-roll bar is tried and tested to perform really well on the Forester. It was my first mod and still one of the best bang for bucks till date. 

2) The FXT comes with a simple factory fitted EO cooler.  I have a heavy right foot but my EO temp have never exceeded 100 d.celcius. and CVT temp never exceeded 85 d.celcius, even on high speed NSHW. So I'll say the stock setup works fine...until you go tracking. Use good quality 5w30 EO and you should not need that cooler.

3) three usual suspects come to mind and you've named two, the other would be DM.

4) stockist would be Lesun and JAE, both located within the same block in Ubi. Just Google their names. I've also bought several parts like spark plugs, air and cabin filters,  suspension bushings, bypass valve, all from eBay. Usually eBay costs 20-50% cheaper even when shipping is factored in. You just need to do more research to ensure that the part you're buying is the correct one. So far my mediocre online research skills have not failed me. 

5) there's usually three camps - Lufi, ultraguage, or Scanguage. Google them. I'm using a 12yrs old Scanguage2 to read CVT temps, A/F, water temp, fuel trim. More importantly, it helps clear fault codes on-the-fly without needing to remove the car battery. I also have a Taobao $90 bluetooth Obd device that connects to my android tablet for full ECU diagnostic akin to those in wkshops. Google "launch obd" if you're interested.  Can buy easily from Taobao. 

Hope these help. 

Regards, 

Stanley

Thank you Stanley for your replies.

1. I suppose to install rear 20mm ARB, can go back to MI to do, or do whatside cheaper (assuming dun void warranty?)

3. Paisai what is DM? I've never ventured outside MI before, but I'm past my 2nd yr of warranty, so will be looking out for outside workshop

4. Is there a list of part numbers for the various consumer replaceable parts that I can order?

Thanks again Stanley for your time to reply.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, shutterbox said:

Thank you Stanley for your replies.

1. I suppose to install rear 20mm ARB, can go back to MI to do, or do whatside cheaper (assuming dun void warranty?)

3. Paisai what is DM? I've never ventured outside MI before, but I'm past my 2nd yr of warranty, so will be looking out for outside workshop

4. Is there a list of part numbers for the various consumer replaceable parts that I can order?

Thanks again Stanley for your time to reply.

No prob mate.

MI do sell and install the 20mm arb, just that it will be more expensive than buying it yourself from stockist like Lesun and going to any wkshop to install. Installation is easy but best to do with car on jacks, takes max 30mins. If u decide to go MI for the arb, might as well do it when due for servicing so as to maximise the down time. Pls check with MI for warranty if install outside.

DM is Dynamics Mechanic, just google their name.

As for the parts numbers, I'm also looking for one such list! There are some free online Subaru catalogues aka workshop service manuals that will contain the part numbers. Just gotta be careful of the slight differences between JDM vs USA-made Forester, and of cos right hand vs left hand drive.

Regards,

Stanley

On 9/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, shutterbox said:

Pertaining to Question 2; how high is it safe for EO to go?

Refer to the datasheet of the engine oil that you intend to use. There should be the flashpoint temperature. As long as it is not subjected to any temperature above the flashpoint. It is safe.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, jeremyboyle said:

Probably u need +35 or +38 offset to flush nicely without spacer,unfortunately limited rims in the market with pcd 5x100

That’s what I thought too. Hard to find and have been searching high and Low. So if anyone has a set to let go let me know! Thanks..