2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

38 minutes ago, Wrigleys said:

Does anyone know if OZ hyper GT HLT 18x8 offset 45 can clear 4/2 Brembo gold? Pic is for ref not my car.

A36738DA-7884-436A-88CA-1F89C09D4FD3.jpeg

Should be ok to clear 4/2 brembo gold.... mine Enkei PF07, same spec as this Oz 18 x 8J +45 offset, clear my brembo gold 4/2 without any issue.... if you want 100% sure, check with workshop who going to install for u...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, Wrigleys said:

Does anyone know if OZ hyper GT HLT 18x8 offset 45 can clear 4/2 Brembo gold? Pic is for ref not my car.

A36738DA-7884-436A-88CA-1F89C09D4FD3.jpeg

Should be fine, I'm on the same rims. Originally planned for the same specs as u but due to some miscommunication i ended up with +35 instead. I checked with BMS previously on +45 to prepare for BBK, I didnt end up with brembo 4/2 though.

55 minutes ago, Zpliu said:

Should be fine, I'm on the same rims. Originally planned for the same specs as u but due to some miscommunication i ended up with +35 instead. I checked with BMS previously on +45 to prepare for BBK, I didnt end up with brembo 4/2 though.

Thanks for replying. Oh but does +35 protrude out or flushed nicely with the fender? What bbk are you on? Wheel shop says +45 might fit bbk but +35 confirm plus chop. Ask me go down to test fit with the unfitted bbk. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wrigleys said:

Thanks for replying. Oh but does +35 protrude out or flushed nicely with the fender? What bbk are you on? Wheel shop says +45 might fit bbk but +35 confirm plus chop. Ask me go down to test fit with the unfitted bbk. 

Flushed. I'm using BMS' housebrand APi 6 pot. I'll see if I can take some picture tmr morning to show u the fender and rims

Edited by Zpliu

16 hours ago, Wrigleys said:

1568866756229_0_IMG-20190428-WA0006.jpg

• Praise 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, shutterbox said:

Realised the search function within thread is gone, so gonna trouble you guys with this questions:

1) if want to install ARB to improve cornering stability, but not kill comfort, which basic upgrade and where to upgrade?

2) CVT or EO cooler is recommended for normal drive where EO typically no more than 105 degC? how high is it safe for EO to go?

3) what are the typical Subaru workshops to service forester XT? BMS? BKS? anywhere else?

4) which stockist to go to for DIY part replacements (eg filters, sparkplugs, etc)?

5) anyone installed wireless OBD devices to monitor other car parameters?

Hi Shutterbox,

Was looking for the same and concluded that up to 120 deg C will be ok from several forum on track racing ... for at least short term as lubrication on the mechanics of the engine.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Wrigleys said:

Hi Wrigleys,

Guess depending also on the width of tyres used ... seen 245 tyres on +35 offset and it protrudes out and looking nice nice.

Also such none standard offset against stock 48 comes with the same detrimental effects of using spacer with change to the designed load capacity of the arms, drive shaft etc.

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Wrigleys,

Guess depending also on the width of tyres used ... seen 245 tyres on +35 offset and it protrudes out and looking nice nice.

Also such none standard offset against stock 48 comes with the same detrimental effects of using spacer with change to the designed load capacity of the arms, drive shaft etc.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard, got it, hence I would like to maintain wheel spec to be as close as possible to stock without spacers while still being able to accommodate the gold 4/2 brembo bbk. Wouldn’t want to go too far off spec as it would surely affect the arms, drive shaft, wheel bearing etc which you mentioned.

• Praise 2

I’m looking to get new 18” rims and tyres that ideally flushed with car body.

Thinking if everyone can share their rim and tyre profile that pair together which can flush with car body in consolidated list below.

For e.g,

rim: 18” x 8.5j, +35 offset / tyre: 235/50/R18

List (start below)

• Praise 1

On 9/28/2019 at 8:10 AM, Terensu said:

Hi all, i just got my FXT and looking to service my car. Would like advise on which engine oil and grade that you can recommend. 🙂

Hi Terensu,

Fxt with hot turbo need W40 vs W30 for Fna.

Castrol Edge for reasonable cost and costly Motul 300v for superlative performance but not recommended till 10k km (6-7k km) interval will be my recommendation.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

https://www.subaruforester.org/threads/2014-control-arm-bushings-going-bad.541801/page-7

Sharing the above thread from Subaru Forester forum which consists of mostly US owners.   If you scroll to post #139, a member shared that his front Lower control arm cracked after replacing the stock bushings with aftermarket ones.    I’ve heard similar cases in Singapore as well.  

The wall of the front LCA which houses the bushing is actually quite thin.  If you ask me, the entire LCA doesn’t look very strong to begin with...  If the pressing of bushing into the LCA is not done properly or if the aftermarket bushing is slightly biggger than stock, it will cause additional stress on the LCA which may fail prematurely.

For those who are using aftermarket bushings in their front LCA, suggest you check the LCA regularly for any signs of crack.  

• Praise 2

Not sure if it's just me, but do you guys hear a soft whining sound that comes from the gearbox or the transmission? 

Faster speed will get a higher pitch. Not sure if it's characteristic of timing chain CVT or its just my car 😞

On 10/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, shutterbox said:

Not sure if it's just me, but do you guys hear a soft whining sound that comes from the gearbox or the transmission? 

Faster speed will get a higher pitch. Not sure if it's characteristic of timing chain CVT or its just my car 😞

Did you recently change your CVT or Differential Fluid?

anyone tried replacing the blow off valve with GFB? pardon my ignorance, what are the pros and cons? and will it damage existing turbo or engine?  TIA

https://gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/mach-2/mach-2-tms-recirculating-diverter-valve-direct-fitment-829-832-834-836-838-2014-11-25-detail/

NEW MACH 2: ENTRY LEVEL TMS

THE SIMPLE & ESSENTIAL MOD FOR 30% QUICKER BOOST

Utilising Proven Tms Technology To Ensure Dependable Boost Holding And Optimum Throttle Response

If you don’t need the patented venting bias adjustment feature of the Respons or Deceptor Pro, the Mach 2 is the answer.

Using GFB’s TMS technology the Mach 2 can help return the engine to peak boost up to 30% faster than a factory diverter valve when shifting gears (more information below).

Recirculation model for direct factory replacement for performance without the noise

Atmosphere venting kits to convert the recirculating valve if you want noise with your performance

Like the Respons and Deceptor Pro II, the Mach 2 is available in a range of bolt-on kits for most popular turbo models. And when we say “bolt-on”, that’s exactly what we mean! No additional adaptors, parts or vehicle modifications are required – simply remove the factory bypass valve and replace it with the Mach 2 – it’s that simple!

The Mach 2 is configured as a 100% recirculating valve (i.e. bypass, plumb back) and add on kits are also available to convert to 100% atmosphere venting. Use the recirc model for direct factory replacement when you want the performance WITHOUT the noise! Add the conversion kit when you want some noise with your performance!
Factory bypass valves have two main shortcomings – one is that they are typically designed to start opening above a certain pressure to protect the engine, and the other is they are not optimised for throttle response. Oh, and you can’t vent them to atmosphere without stalling your engine…
The Mach 2 solves all of these issues. It can effectively hold unlimited boost (unlimited in that no turbo could ever produce enough pressure to damage it), and the TMS technology ensures maximum throttle response. Oh, and you CAN vent with the atmo conversion to atmosphere without stalling your engine…

↡ Advertisement