2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

On 9/8/2019 at 2:19 PM, Tohto said:

My wheelskinz wrap leather steering wheel.

rps20180608_133013.jpg

Hi Bro, can I know what color is your wheelskinz wrap? Looks like grey in the photo. Getting a wheelskinz soon. TIA!

↡ Advertisement

9 minutes ago, MPS said:

Hi Bro, can I know what color is your wheelskinz wrap? Looks like grey in the photo. Getting a wheelskinz soon. TIA!

Black.

• Praise 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, shutterbox said:

Not sure if it's just me, but do you guys hear a soft whining sound that comes from the gearbox or the transmission? 

Faster speed will get a higher pitch. Not sure if it's characteristic of timing chain CVT or its just my car 😞

I also have this whining sound. Was told by MI that this is from the cvt and is normal. 

12 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi bros,

Just added Kaddis tailgate kit and sti rear bumper diffuser last week ... with modded rear bumper, this closes aesthetic mods I think.

Cheers.

Richard

20191016_222837.jpg

Beautiful!   How is the Kaddis spoiler attached to the boot lid?   Double-sided tape? 

Hi James,

Thanks ... yes, via double sided tape that came from Kaddis and quite sturdy.

Together with the sti diffuser as well as the colin lights, the look is more rounded and less boxy .. yymv but I do like it.

Cheers.

Richard

Anyone got the MI letter to do the brake switch recall? Mine is a 2015 model, I just got the letter a couple of weeks back. 

Although it's free, it's a bit of a hassle to take time off and have to make do without the car for some time.

(Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find the search function after the interface changed)

On 10/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, Bplakad said:

I also have this whining sound. Was told by MI that this is from the cvt and is normal. 

Not sure MI try to pull a fast one n avoid more investigation, or it genuinely is a cvt "feature". Was driving cvt car (mitsubishi cs3) n i don't remember hearing the whine, but its cvt belt, n subbie is on cvt chain

On 10/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, Bplakad said:

Hi Bplakad,

No cvt whine that I can detect in my fxt.

Changed cvt oil at 40k km by BMS cos din know MI also change it at 50k km service package that was done early this week ... smooth and quiet like butter churning.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Bplakad,

Changed cvt oil at 40k km by BMS cos din know MI also change it at 50k km service package that was done early this week ... smooth and quiet like butter churning.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, my car (3.5 years old) is still being service by MI which I sent in regularly. I had asked bms b4 on this noise and he also commented that this is normal. Now I am very curious.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Bplakad,

Cheers.

Richard

Yup, I also just changed my CVT fluid at MI for $180 during 50k km svc. CVT is buttery smooth now. No whining sound. Fuel efficiency also improved a tad.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, Ngbernie said:

Anyone got the MI letter to do the brake switch recall? Mine is a 2015 model, I just got the letter a couple of weeks back. 

Although it's free, it's a bit of a hassle to take time off and have to make do without the car for some time.

(Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find the search function after the interface changed)

Mine is year 2016, did not receive this recall.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:46 PM, MPS said:

Yup, I also just changed my CVT fluid at MI for $180 during 50k km svc. CVT is buttery smooth now. No whining sound. Fuel efficiency also improved a tad.

Hi MPS,

Wow ..only sgd180 at MI ... I paid more at BMS at 40k km .. lol !

Hope bros shutterbox and Bplakad solve their whining noise from cvt soon 😞

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

On 10/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, Forested said:

anyone tried replacing the blow off valve with GFB? pardon my ignorance, what are the pros and cons? and will it damage existing turbo or engine?  TIA

https://gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/mach-2/mach-2-tms-recirculating-diverter-valve-direct-fitment-829-832-834-836-838-2014-11-25-detail/

NEW MACH 2: ENTRY LEVEL TMS

THE SIMPLE & ESSENTIAL MOD FOR 30% QUICKER BOOST

Utilising Proven Tms Technology To Ensure Dependable Boost Holding And Optimum Throttle Response

If you don’t need the patented venting bias adjustment feature of the Respons or Deceptor Pro, the Mach 2 is the answer.

Using GFB’s TMS technology the Mach 2 can help return the engine to peak boost up to 30% faster than a factory diverter valve when shifting gears (more information below).

Recirculation model for direct factory replacement for performance without the noise

Atmosphere venting kits to convert the recirculating valve if you want noise with your performance

Like the Respons and Deceptor Pro II, the Mach 2 is available in a range of bolt-on kits for most popular turbo models. And when we say “bolt-on”, that’s exactly what we mean! No additional adaptors, parts or vehicle modifications are required – simply remove the factory bypass valve and replace it with the Mach 2 – it’s that simple!

The Mach 2 is configured as a 100% recirculating valve (i.e. bypass, plumb back) and add on kits are also available to convert to 100% atmosphere venting. Use the recirc model for direct factory replacement when you want the performance WITHOUT the noise! Add the conversion kit when you want some noise with your performance!
Factory bypass valves have two main shortcomings – one is that they are typically designed to start opening above a certain pressure to protect the engine, and the other is they are not optimised for throttle response. Oh, and you can’t vent them to atmosphere without stalling your engine…
The Mach 2 solves all of these issues. It can effectively hold unlimited boost (unlimited in that no turbo could ever produce enough pressure to damage it), and the TMS technology ensures maximum throttle response. Oh, and you CAN vent with the atmo conversion to atmosphere without stalling your engine…

Our stoxk fxt cant hold boost for long so I would recommend you to go for it if u feel that the stock boost holding is not sufficient. If you want the good old pssss sound, get the venting kit as well. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi MPS,

Wow ..only sgd180 at MI ... I paid more at BMS at 40k km .. lol !

Hope bros shutterbox and Bplakad solve their whining noise from cvt soon 😞

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I thot it was expensive..haha...the SA said it needed 12 litres of CVT fluid.

But worth the change. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Our stoxk fxt cant hold boost for long so I would recommend you to go for it if u feel that the stock boost holding is not sufficient. If you want the good old pssss sound, get the venting kit as well. 

did you install the GFB bypass valve? How is it compared to the stock one ?

↡ Advertisement