2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Want to check something on the brake lights. I just realized that mine will not light up unless i step on the brake pedal hard. Like 50% of the full stroke. Is this normal? I do have Colin tail lights but it shouldn't be the problem as my 3rd brake light lights up at the same time. I think it might have to do with the switch. Anyone has any experience on this before?

↡ Advertisement

On 10/31/2019 at 1:36 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Flikmy,

Indeed CPC6 is noisy as previous tried and shared but sorry to hear longevity also sucks ... my primacy 3 ST lasted about 45k was was still good but changed out cos it was unbalanced and noisy due to not rotating them for cannot remember 20-30k km.

Primacy 4 ST unfortunately had changed their profile to be more grippy but lost their legendary quietness despite marketing BS of lower 0.5db from Primacy 3 ST ... you can see significant difference in the thread pattern. I learnt from my 1 year mazda 6 change from early days and now on also Prmacy 4 but European version since I wanted 235/55/18 instead of available 235/50/18 vs stock of 225/55/18... 55 is to give more rubber for improved comfort especially since 235 oreli less comfy and more noise with more contact for grip.

Frankly I also cannot advise better but did tried Scorpion Verdes which is fine on noise but do not know its longevity since I changed out then to Primacy ST 3 ... as such, you may want to stay with Primacy 4 ST since at least longevity is somewhat assured.

Hope this helps and cheers.

Richard

can also go http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ cos you can read user reviews there on multiple types of tyres, besides links to tyre tests comparison, to make a more informed decision.

though different sites results can conflict each other sometimes haha...

am also considering hard between Primacy4 vs Goodyear AS5 since I change rim for my XV also. 

I guess more comfort -> Primacy4

more confidence / handling -> AS5

Edited by Sarion
  • Praise 2

On 11/6/2019 at 1:23 PM, Stratovarius said:

Same. Factory setting is 1.3bar. Mine lowest was 1.23 after service. Floor a few times it should go back to 1.3. 

Thank you for sharing.😀

Edited by MPS
  • Praise 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:08 AM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi MPS,

Should be 7 litres for usual/typical drain and top up of CVT gear oil as noted in the service checklist that I received ... 12 litres is only if you perform flushing but MI cannot do this. 

BMS  AMK, Khang Auto Transmission (Ubi) etc. has the equipment and it will cost us 400+ due to the amount of CVT oil needed.]

Indeed worth the change and some do so every 20km but for sure you need to flush if not done until 90k-100k km.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard, 

Thank for sharing with regards to the flushing. Will make a note and ask the SA.

In future, I know how to ask in detail what the CVT fluid service entails.

• Praise 1

On 11/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Sarion said:

can also go http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ cos you can read user reviews there on multiple types of tyres, besides links to tyre tests comparison, to make a more informed decision.

am also considering hard between Primacy4 vs Goodyear AS5 since I change rim for my XV also. 

Appreciate some help from the subaru owners - been looking at the posts over the last 4 months, but I can't seem to find what I need:

1.  Recommended tyre shops in Singapore (alternatively JB) for tyres (stock rims on the XT) carrying Michelin Primacy4 

2.  Recommended service and repair shops for Forrester XT - I just got hit with a bill of 3k+ just to change aircon compressor and folding wing mirror motors.   Feel like MI seem to charge sky-high on repairs out of warranty.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Arithon said:

Appreciate some help from the subaru owners - been looking at the posts over the last 4 months, but I can't seem to find what I need:

1.  Recommended tyre shops in Singapore (alternatively JB) for tyres (stock rims on the XT) carrying Michelin Primacy4 

2.  Recommended service and repair shops for Forrester XT - I just got hit with a bill of 3k+ just to change aircon compressor and folding wing mirror motors.   Feel like MI seem to charge sky-high on repairs out of warranty.

Thanks!

1) Most tyre shops have the stock rims sizes for XT. You can try the usual few suspects; 365 Automotive, Poh Heng, Kim Hoe. Try to call them to get a comparison of the prices before heading down.

2) 3K for these 2 items are crazy. Air Con compressor should be around 800+, folding wing mirrors should be that your motor & plastic gearings are damaged. Replacement is around 80-120 at most per side. Can be done at turf city. 

Just sharing my 0.0002

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Arithon said:

Thanks!

Hi Airthon,

For your aircon compressor, pls try Kim aircon .. known boss for last 30 yrs .. decent and highly skilled .. chopped neck recommendation from yours truly.

<<https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11500>>

Please share experience here if indeed engaged him.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

On the topic of tires, how long do u guys tires last. Seem like tires wear very fast on the sjg. My change at 40k and 76k. Using 235/55r18.

I don't remember changing tires that often on my previous 2 rides.

14 hours ago, Doggyfoo said:

1.53 max boost. Ha ha ha

Tuned. Totally worth it. Actually see improvement in fc after tuning. Was expecting a drop in fc. Currently avg 8l/100km. Low fuel light come on at around 550km. 

Hi facelifted fxt bros,

Worked last few weeks on what I believe is the ultimate STI mod for our FL forester xt .. the STI speedometer .. in addition to your sti knob, sti strut, sti battery holder, foot plates, sti ignition button etc. or even exterior sti/ts emblems which frankly pales in comparison .. those are commercially bulk available.

Please see below what I had already customised for the needed FL fxt's STI dial (slight update on bright red 6-8k rpm being reduced to half thickness since already in different reds) and being shipped to Singapore in about 2 weeks ..  just too complex and expensive for plug n play replacement of actual forester ts one 🙂

To alleviate the cost of this customisation and guaranteed not $ making, 3 more pieces in addition to mine will be made as agreed with the manufacturer. 

They are available for sgd150 while even available stock of those kmhr to milehr conversion dials are sgd120 without shipping. Have your fav workshop to install it while I can also recommend the workshop who did such dial conversion for my previous Qashqai and already opened up my speedometer twice to take photo and also scanned to ensure 100% accuracy .. at sgd80. Note that this is fully reversible if you decide to dekit and replace back stock one that you will be keeping albiet another sgd80.

As 1 piece is already reserved, there will be only 2 more pieces available .. please pm me for contact to reserve with payment via paynow but full disclaimer of course and owner's responsibilities on this mod.

1. Richard

2. Richard' friend (paid)

3. ????

4. ????

Enjoy and looking forward to my FL fxt modded speedometer .. cheers !

Richard

NB:

1. preFL fxt and fna not applicable due to different layout and design of dial.

2. This is NOT $ making but only to fulfill my ultimate mod .. I am still paying more than the 3 bros who joins.

Screenshot_20191130-212336_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20191130-212400_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20191130-212420_Drive.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

17 hours ago, Doggyfoo said:

Tuned. Totally worth it. Actually see improvement in fc after tuning. Was expecting a drop in fc. Currently avg 8l/100km. Low fuel light come on at around 550km. 

Hi doggy, is yours the fxt ? I have never gotten better than 420 per 50 litre tank since I bought new > 3 years ago. What was your fc before tuning ?

1 hour ago, Bplakad said:

Hi doggy, is yours the fxt ? I have never gotten better than 420 per 50 litre tank since I bought new > 3 years ago. What was your fc before tuning ?

Hi Bplakad,

Fxt is about there .. depends solely on only 2 things:

- usual route of city/hwy driving

- how heavy footed aka you wack your fxt

I have my 2 yrs old fxt defaulted to S mode 100% and gets 400km on a good tank of about our same 50l but can as low as 350km due to bad traffic and least hwy trips .. I am not heavy footed but drives to leave no big gap front car ahead.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

27 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Bplakad,

I have my 2 yrs old fxt defaulted to S mode 100% and gets 400km on a good tank of about our same 50l but can as low as 350km due to bad traffic and least hwy trips .. I am not heavy footed but drives to leave no big gap front car ahead.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, Thanks for your affirmation. I have experienced that kind of fc quoted by doggyfoo only when I drive up to malaysia (2 to 3 hours non-stop driving - with occasional high speed).

8 hours ago, Bplakad said:

I am the opposite of Richard. I'm the driver who anticipate front vehicle to coast along and minimise hard acceleration except when I see violution an lancerlution, in which case, turbo kick in..lol

Maintaining speed uses very little fuel even at above 100km/hr. Is the acceleration and start stop that kill fc.

Before tuning, I'm hitting abt 480km per tank when the low fuel light come on..after tuning, abt 650 per tank. Or low fuel light at 550km

My last tank went 550km with 1 bar left. Pump last night 47l. Meaning there is at least another 10l left. That is abt 11.7km/l.  

Frankly, the way I look at tuning is optimising the air fuel ratio. Rarely gonna hit the top end that tuning achieved but a very efficient rate that the fuel burn. 

I understand frm bks amk when I first got my car that my xt is running very rich.

7 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Bplakad,

Cheers.

Richard

Richard, I don't see anything in the manual that could default to s mode. How did u do it? I prefer s mode too. Seem to me that is more better for fc than I mode.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Sarion said:

No love for PZ 4?

Quite pleased with the pz4, find more confident in cornering as compared to p4 (by a wee teeny bit) and much much better than d50.

↡ Advertisement