2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

4 hours ago, Doggyfoo said:

Richard, I don't see anything in the manual that could default to s mode. How did u do it? I prefer s mode too. Seem to me that is more better for fc than I mode.

Hi Foo,

It is via a module here:

https://www.blitz.co.jp/products/electronics/sidrive_jumper.html

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192803028512

There is another brand that i cannot remember .. please google "SI Jumper".

You can conveniently toggle to effect or back to stock.

Cheers.

Richard

5 hours ago, Doggyfoo said:

I am the opposite of Richard. I'm the driver who anticipate front vehicle to coast along and minimise hard acceleration except when I see violution an lancerlution, in which case, turbo kick in..lol

Maintaining speed uses very little fuel even at above 100km/hr. Is the acceleration and start stop that kill fc.

Before tuning, I'm hitting abt 480km per tank when the low fuel light come on..after tuning, abt 650 per tank. Or low fuel light at 550km

My last tank went 550km with 1 bar left. Pump last night 47l. Meaning there is at least another 10l left. That is abt 11.7km/l.  

Frankly, the way I look at tuning is optimising the air fuel ratio. Rarely gonna hit the top end that tuning achieved but a very efficient rate that the fuel burn. 

I understand frm bks amk when I first got my car that my xt is running very rich.

Hi Foo,

Oops .. pls dun get me wrong.

I am 57 yr old .. old man who is aware of my delayed reaction and slowed response .. and certainly not chiongster to tailgate.

But I do travel on right most overtaking lane at every opportunity and I detest roadhoggers who thinks paying the overpriced Singapore car means they can casually stay on this overtaking lane at misplaced thinking of max 90 km speed with next car(s) ahead by a mile ... then brakes when cars from left lane cuts in due to this mile long gap to put me into risk.

Hope this clarifies .. keke.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: tuning indeed includes optimising air-fuel but but much more ... various timing and very significantly .. decides on the fuel type and its optimal parameters since factory need engine to work at lower octane petrol in countries yo avoid damaging the engine e.g. misfiring

Edited by richard_crl032

1 hour ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Foo,

Oops .. pls dun get me wrong.

I am 57 yr old .. old man who is aware of my delayed reaction and slowed response .. and certainly not chiongster to tailgate.

But I do travel on right most overtaking lane at every opportunity and I detest roadhoggers who thinks paying the overpriced Singapore car means they can casually stay on this overtaking lane at misplaced thinking of max 90 km speed with next car(s) ahead by a mile ... then brakes when cars from left lane cuts in due to this mile long gap to put me into risk.

Hope this clarifies .. keke.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: tuning indeed includes optimising air-fuel but but much more ... various timing and very significantly .. decides on the fuel type and its optimal parameters since factory need engine to work at lower octane petrol in countries yo avoid damaging the engine e.g. misfiring

Richard, I have alway find your post to be very knowledgeable and have learn much from ur posting. Thank you.

• Praise 1

Do you guys know that there is at least 2 forester bring use as PHV? 

FC ain't that bad if one would consider them as a kari makan vehicle.. 

It's a sjg fxt stock and a sh9 with a big ass exhaust and much lowered. Saw them a few times picking up pax at punggol. Spoke to and confirm with the fxt owner that he is indeed using his fxt as a phv daily. He told me he pump 95 and can manage 520km/tank. 

Frankly, the fc of fxt is very similar to b class, c class, k3, wish. Cannot compared with those hybrid...even hybrid some ain't that good, managing just around 13km/l. I have a friend bought small hybrid and find that the fc is nowhere near the quoted spec while another have a Chr that get by with $200 worth of fuel monthly despite very heavy uses.

Edited by Doggyfoo
  • Praise 1

On 12/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, Doggyfoo said:

Do you guys know that there is at least 2 forester bring use as PHV? 

FC ain't that bad if one would consider them as a kari makan vehicle.. 

It's a sjg fxt stock and a sh9 with a big ass exhaust and much lowered. Saw them a few times picking up pax at punggol. Spoke to and confirm with the fxt owner that he is indeed using his fxt as a phv daily. He told me he pump 95 and can manage 520km/tank. 

Frankly, the fc of fxt is very similar to b class, c class, k3, wish. Cannot compared with those hybrid...even hybrid some ain't that good, managing just around 13km/l. I have a friend bought small hybrid and find that the fc is nowhere near the quoted spec while another have a Chr that get by with $200 worth of fuel monthly despite very heavy uses.

Hi bros,

Just sharing self explanatory fuel requirement from maker Subaru especially since I also try to save a bit of vitamin M on expensive Octane98 petrol.

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20191203-081500_Drive.jpg

• Praise 1

On 12/1/2019 at 2:55 PM, Doggyfoo said:

No love for PZ 4?

Quite pleased with the pz4, find more confident in cornering as compared to p4 (by a wee teeny bit) and much much better than d50.

initially was recommended, but looking at the review from tyrereview.co.uk put me off, cos most feedback cannot last.

ended up with Primacy 4 from Spain since cannot get AS5 in the size I want (nobody seems to carry it in SUV size?....)

but I must say, the original H/P Sports which the car came with really exceeds expectations... was worried initially cos most SJ XT drivers said H/L is hopeless. but actually H/P on GT7 XV and I believe now SH foresters is a different story. it's quite enuf but good grip in both wet and dry (won't match PS4 or AS3) and also long lasting. when I give it up at 39k still have about 5mm thread left....

I would recommend any bros who wanna keep the stock profile on stock 18" rims to take the H/P sports.

Edited by Sarion

15 hours ago, Sarion said:

initially was recommended, but looking at the review from tyrereview.co.uk put me off, cos most feedback cannot last.

ended up with Primacy 4 from Spain since cannot get AS5 in the size I want (nobody seems to carry it in SUV size?....)

but I must say, the original H/P Sports which the car came with really exceeds expectations... was worried initially cos most SJ XT drivers said H/L is hopeless. but actually H/P on GT7 XV and I believe now SH foresters is a different story. it's quite enuf but good grip in both wet and dry (won't match PS4 or AS3) and also long lasting. when I give it up at 39k still have about 5mm thread left....

I would recommend any bros who wanna keep the stock profile on stock 18" rims to take the H/P sports.

I'd recommend Dunlop Veuro VE303 on stock fxt rims. 

Comfortable n quiet ride. 

Better than stock Bridgestone tyre 

On 12/1/2019 at 8:41 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Foo,

It is via a module here:

https://www.blitz.co.jp/products/electronics/sidrive_jumper.html

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192803028512

There is another brand that i cannot remember .. please google "SI Jumper".

You can conveniently toggle to effect or back to stock.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,  

what’s the pro n con n Purpose of this mod ? 

Cheers

22 hours ago, jeremyboyle said:

Hi Richard,  

what’s the pro n con n Purpose of this mod ? 

Cheers

Hi Jeremy,

For those who wish for more umph at S mode aka driveablity vs slightly higher FC and perhaps lazy, this useful.

This higher FC is also arguable since staying at I but wacking it for same umph would be worse FC since not optimised.

Cheers.

Richard

On 11/30/2019 at 9:35 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi facelifted fxt bros,

Worked last few weeks on what I believe is the ultimate STI mod for our FL forester xt .. the STI speedometer .. in addition to your sti knob, sti strut, sti battery holder, foot plates, sti ignition button etc. or even exterior sti/ts emblems which frankly pales in comparison .. those are commercially bulk available.

Please see below what I had already customised for the needed FL fxt's STI dial (slight update on bright red 6-8k rpm being reduced to half thickness since already in different reds) and being shipped to Singapore in about 2 weeks ..  just too complex and expensive for plug n play replacement of actual forester ts one 🙂

To alleviate the cost of this customisation and guaranteed not $ making, 3 more pieces in addition to mine will be made as agreed with the manufacturer. 

They are available for sgd150 while even available stock of those kmhr to milehr conversion dials are sgd120 without shipping. Have your fav workshop to install it while I can also recommend the workshop who did such dial conversion for my previous Qashqai and already opened up my speedometer twice to take photo and also scanned to ensure 100% accuracy .. at sgd80. Note that this is fully reversible if you decide to dekit and replace back stock one that you will be keeping albiet another sgd80.

As 1 piece is already reserved, there will be only 2 more pieces available .. please pm me for contact to reserve with payment via paynow but full disclaimer of course and owner's responsibilities on this mod.

1. Richard

2. Richard' friend (paid)

3. ????

4. ????

Enjoy and looking forward to my FL fxt modded speedometer .. cheers !

Richard

NB:

1. preFL fxt and fna not applicable due to different layout and design of dial.

2. This is NOT $ making but only to fulfill my ultimate mod .. I am still paying more than the 3 bros who joins.

Hi Bros,

Received and installed .. quite nice realization of my "ultimate" sti mod .. photos before, after day, after lighted up and overall with my leather ken's steering wheel and locally fitted srs boss .. enjoy !

Richard

PS: 2 pcs still available but at sgd200 and installation of sgd120.

Screenshot_20191213-133230_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-133223_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-133204_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-133209_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191130-212336_Drive.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

21 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Bros,

Received and installed .. quite nice realization of my "ultimate" sti mod .. photos before, after day, after lighted up and overall with my leather ken's steering wheel and locally fitted srs boss .. enjoy !

Richard

PS: 2 pcs still available but at sgd200 and installation of sgd120.

Screenshot_20191213-133230_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-133223_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-133204_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191213-133209_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191130-212336_Drive.jpg

Wow, this is truly wonderful.   Fantastic work, Richard!

is the brightness of the outer red ring perfectly even?  Brightness adjustable? 

Edited by Jamesgetz

1 hour ago, Jamesgetz said:

Wow, this is truly wonderful.   Fantastic work, Richard!

is the brightness of the outer red ring perfectly even?  Brightness adjustable? 

Hi James,

Thanks .. my most satisfactory mod cos 1.5 yr thought being realised and after much efforts (and $) for its uniqueness. All available and wished original STI aka forester sj TS parts had been installed including all undercarriage handling upgrades, seats, emblems etc. to close this journey with this STI "inspired" speedometer.

Forester, STI and 6-8k rpm markings are in slightly brighter shade of red while all other logos e.g. blue for warm up, green for headlights, yellow for hibeam etc. if lighted remains stock color.

Yes, perfectly even and adjustable like stock ... 2nd adoptor of bro Farhan just drove off this morning as a happy camper with his souped up tracking FL.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: 3rd piece sold and last remaining on reserve

Screenshot_20191214-121638_Carousell.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi bros, looking for any advice I can get on this crack (attached photo) that I got on the windscreen when what felt like a tiny sand/stone  particle hit it while driving on expressway.

Some questions that come to mind are :

Will it need to change the windscreen and what cost? 

I bought my XT in june 2016 so should still be under warranty I believe, would it be covered?

What about car insurance would it cover this under accident?

I got only questions and hope to have some answers...

20191231_164846.jpg

↡ Advertisement