2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

(edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 11:39 PM, WML888 said:

Was looking at STi rims (12 spokes), with +55 offset (stock is +45 offset). But, it claims can clear BBK ... is that due to spoke design ?

Yes, it’s due to the spoke design and thinness.  STi rims can fit STi Brembo BBK but not necessarily other brands of BBK. 

Edited by Jamesgetz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 7/11/2020 at 11:39 PM, WML888 said:

Was looking at STi rims (12 spokes), with +55 offset (stock is +45 offset). But, it claims can clear BBK ... is that due to spoke design ?

Hmmm.... I always thought stock is +50. To clear most aftermarket bbk, you need at least +45 or +43. Mine is +48 still can clear some 6 pot caliper. 

Personally, I think STi rims are quite overpriced. 

3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Hmmm.... I always thought stock is +50. To clear most aftermarket bbk, you need at least +45 or +43. Mine is +48 still can clear some 6 pot caliper. 

Personally, I think STi rims are quite overpriced. 

Wonder which one lighter ? STi tuning with 15 spokes or STi with 12 spokes ? Or just different spoke design ?

Hi all... I have been having prob in depressing the brake when I need to step on it to start the engine... I have to keep stepping on it harder than usual quite a few times before I manage to start e engine... The brakes work normally once I manage to start e engine...

May I know if anyone experience this in their car too? My car ride is just over 3 years, wonder if Subaru will be willing to fix it for free...

Thank you so much in advance! 🙂

On 7/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Sunshines11 said:

Hi all... I have been having prob in depressing the brake when I need to step on it to start the engine... I have to keep stepping on it harder than usual quite a few times before I manage to start e engine... The brakes work normally once I manage to start e engine...

May I know if anyone experience this in their car too? My car ride is just over 3 years, wonder if Subaru will be willing to fix it for free...

Hi, I has tht issue too. last did was replace new vacuum hose, if solve for a few days and back again.

I believe tht cause by micro leak in booster, brake get hard after about 5 hrs cause by leaking vacuum inside holding booster.

After engine starts everything back to normal (because the vacuum build up again)

My leakage period was 12 hrs before and now clock 5 hrs, a few Subies bros here has tht issue too., I´m sure is Mfg defect not sure if they had solved.

not sure if MI could fix it, equires booster abt $500, this time I left it tht way.

Post here if has improvement after MI svs.

Drive Safe.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I too have this problem since 2 weeks ago. My ride is about 3.5yrs old. Planning to bring it down to BKS to have a check soon. 

On 7/31/2020 at 7:45 PM, kenz_26 said:

I too have this problem since 2 weeks ago. My ride is about 3.5yrs old. Planning to bring it down to BKS to have a check soon. 

Hi kenz_26, 

my ride is 2 yrs 4 mths too... Guess it’s a common prob among our forester... I will be servicing my car soon too, I will chk with them what’s e prob and see if Subaru is willing to fix it for free ... Will update you guys soon if there is anything 🙂

On 7/30/2020 at 8:50 AM, Yippe said:

Hi, I has tht issue too. last did was replace new vacuum hose, if solve for a few days and back again.

I believe tht cause by micro leak in booster, brake get hard after about 5 hrs cause by leaking vacuum inside holding booster.

After engine starts everything back to normal (because the vacuum build up again)

My leakage period was 12 hrs before and now clock 5 hrs, a few Subies bros here has tht issue too., I´m sure is Mfg defect not sure if they had solved.

not sure if MI could fix it, equires booster abt $500, this time I left it tht way.

Post here if has improvement after MI svs.

Drive Safe.

Hi.

There is no need to replace hose. Just remove the vaccum hose, apply glue to the highlighted area and replace hose with clamps.

image.png.7eb18c641b3bcbcf931e01dcdc38a980.png

12 hours ago, Sunshines11 said:

Hi kenz_26, 

my ride is 2 yrs 4 mths too... Guess it’s a common prob among our forester... I will be servicing my car soon too, I will chk with them what’s e prob and see if Subaru is willing to fix it for free ... Will update you guys soon if there is anything 🙂

On 7/31/2020 at 7:45 PM, kenz_26 said:

I just got this problem sorted out by mi. They changed out the brake booster. My ride was over 3 years and mi still honor the warranty when I stated the delay was due to cb and trouble getting appointment with mi. Since Ken and Sunshine's ride is around 3 years, I suggest you go to mi instead. However, you need to leave your car overnight even when mine hardens a couple of hours after parking.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

Hi.

There is no need to replace hose. Just remove the vaccum hose, apply glue to the highlighted area and replace hose with clamps.

image.png.7eb18c641b3bcbcf931e01dcdc38a980.png

Yup Bro, that should be the first attempt , I did with sealing casket and replace with new stainless rings. ( you solved yours with our last discussion)

leakage after 2 weeks, so suspecting the check valve inside the vaccum hose ( abt. $40 from MI), actually check valve leakage known to be slim.

Sunshine and Kenz can tried as recommendation OAT first, it easier.

OAT gave me head-up  on the sealing that I not did after new hose replacement, will seal and test again.

Cheer and safe drive. 

Hihi... I managed to bring my car down to MI and they replaced the brake booster out of goodwill for free...

My warranty has just expired and they are still willing to honour the warranty... I am not sure if it’s because we have been bringing  back our car back for servicing for the 1st 3 years...

Thks all for the sharing esp Stratovarius! 🙂

• Praise 2

On 7/27/2020 at 10:51 PM, Sunshines11 said:

Brake booster problem. 

If still under warranty, get MI to fix

1 hour ago, James996 said:

Had my rims and tires changed.

Thanks to richard_crl032 for sharing about rims and tire sizes.

miYWkNa.jpeg

SuFfdqK.jpeg

Nice rims ! What is the offset ?

• Praise 1

Wah sweet, enkei rs05rr rims, i am also going to change into this rims, i was thinking of primacy 4 with this tyre, how is this tyre