2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

23 hours ago, Picnic said:

Car is 5 years old and getting noisy. I had sound cladding done when I first got it. Probably need to spray again. Just wondering if it’s worth doing sound insulation/proofing for the doors?

may be your tyres are aging already. 

↡ Advertisement

bros, 

where can I replace the battery for the key? It is giving me a low battery warning already. 

I cant remember where i went to replace it previously.

4 minutes ago, spawn101 said:

bros, 

where can I replace the battery for the key? It is giving me a low battery warning already. 

I cant remember where i went to replace it previously.

Can self replace. You will need CR2032 battery. Available anywhere.

• Praise 1

Of late, i also start to hear this squeaking noise coming from driver seat. Will check out the seat belt joint. Thks!

Just want to check out another issue for my FXT which is about 4 yrs + with about 70k km mileage. Only installed a STI rear arb and changed tires to 235/55/18 GYA5 on stock rims.

As the months go by, I feel that the car has more cabin rattles and the shocks are not absorbing well when going uneven roads. It is getting worse as the days go by.  Not too sure if it is my old ass getting too sensitive or the shocks are going? I checked with my mechanic if my shocks are going. He checked it and said all looks fine and no leakage.

So i am wondering, if the shocks can be not functioning well without any leakage signs? Since the shocks are already 4yr+, is it time for a change? Has anyone changed their original shocks and the ride improved ? I saw a shop quoted replace original shocks for abt $780. So if any owners can share their experience with regards to shocks replacement, will be greatly appreciated!

6 hours ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

Can self replace. You will need CR2032 battery. Available anywhere.

just check in youtube for videos, not difficult

6 hours ago, robintay70 said:

Of late, i also start to hear this squeaking noise coming from driver seat. Will check out the seat belt joint. Thks!

Just want to check out another issue for my FXT which is about 4 yrs + with about 70k km mileage. Only installed a STI rear arb and changed tires to 235/55/18 GYA5 on stock rims.

As the months go by, I feel that the car has more cabin rattles and the shocks are not absorbing well when going uneven roads. It is getting worse as the days go by.  Not too sure if it is my old ass getting too sensitive or the shocks are going? I checked with my mechanic if my shocks are going. He checked it and said all looks fine and no leakage.

So i am wondering, if the shocks can be not functioning well without any leakage signs? Since the shocks are already 4yr+, is it time for a change? Has anyone changed their original shocks and the ride improved ? I saw a shop quoted replace original shocks for abt $780. So if any owners can share their experience with regards to shocks replacement, will be greatly appreciated!

original shocks replacement price from MI? can always check stockists at Waterloo center for price and ask workshop for labor cost.

6 minutes ago, Sarion said:

original shocks replacement price from MI? can always check stockists at Waterloo center for price and ask workshop for labor cost.

Price is from outside WS. Ok, will check at outside stockist . Thks!

17 hours ago, robintay70 said:

Cabin rattles could also be from engine and transmission mountings.

XT stock shocks are actually very very lasting. Especially when there is no leaks from your suspension dampers, would suggest that you look for other possible causes than your shocks.

5 hours ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

Cabin rattles could also be from engine and transmission mountings.

XT stock shocks are actually very very lasting. Especially when there is no leaks from your suspension dampers, would suggest that you look for other possible causes than your shocks.

Ok thanks for the insights. Yes, my shocks are still able to absorb certain undulations but it is only bad uneven road surfaces that i feel it is like metal crashing into metal sorta feel. So maybe you are right, since no leaks and np boucncy shocks, could be other factors like failing mountings. Will take a look in that area. Thanks!

On 11/22/2020 at 3:49 PM, robintay70 said:

stock forester SJG 18" rims can fit 235/55R18 tyres? 😮

I thought can only do 225/55R18

Just bought a July 2016 FXT in mid August 2020.

Finally after 3+ months and finally completed reading 1024 pages information from this thread.

A lot of good information shared by the seniors here.

Kudos! 👍

21 hours ago, Incom said:

Just bought a July 2016 FXT in mid August 2020.

Finally after 3+ months and finally completed reading 1024 pages information from this thread.

A lot of good information shared by the seniors here.

Kudos! 👍

Can share with us what  u learn?

↡ Advertisement