2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

i drove x3 and i recommend my colleague recently to buy a used XV, am very impressed with the forester and xv, they are really value for money and rides very well, the XV has nearly most of the safety features of my x3. the subaru awd are superb too

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Why come here to pick a fight if you dont like the Forester?

People here like their Forester and its potential modding potential.

I dont criticise any make (who said Chinese cars are bad, ahem) and all cars have redeeming qualities.

If you like, you can always choose something else (go get the GLC now!) , but people paid for their Forester with their money and are willing to vouch for it, similarly for my case.

What would you suggest then?

What fight? Its obvious to all in mcf that you are trying to stir things up.

I am merely asking why a forester of so many cars. 

If you really want a fight,  can pm me.

• Dislike 1

On 11/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, Incom said:

For my car, previous owner did all the servicing with MI. I have a body shop to help to assess any accident repair on the car. Went BKS to assess anything to repair after collecting the car.

BKS detected the torque converter leak and aircon piping seal leaks. Repair the aircon piping seal leaks at BKS, and went to MI to repair the torque converter leak.

Except for the brake booster, the rest of the items, the repairs has been done on the car. 

I am aware of the possible failure points of the car, can stomach the repairs and went ahead for the purchase.

Safety wise, except for the brakes which will take a longer distance to stop, which i got used to it.

you can always upgrade to a set of STI GDB Brembos front and rear. they should be cheap to get now, just overhaul it and will improve braking tremendously. and lots of choices of rotors and also pads from internet online platform.

Edited by Sarion

On 11/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Do start with the endura pro active 1st which is already adjustable to your preference and the edfc active pro when experienced it first hand .. you may not need edfc active pro which I cannot do without to have both 2 more sets of motors from japan to have 2 of the 8 boxed up as spares just in case and even for any new car that I may have to ensure dynamic suspension almost like those hiend merc S class or Audi A8  .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

PS: I am on less stable pink springs but less harsh than the RSR springs that I removed

wait for the new Levorg active suspension on STI models to hopefully spill over to next-gen Forester, since already have 1.8T Forester Sports launched.... 

fingers crossed...

On 11/30/2020 at 4:44 PM, RogerNg_185295 said:

There are so many better cars. Why a forester?

there is almost no SUV in the same price range of a Forester in Singapore that offers the same amount of safety features.

to get these on Conti models, pay 20k-40k more...

when (if) the Sports model is launched in Singapore with the 1.8T offering 300Nm of torque, it will be even more driveable. the e-boxer now is a bit of a joke with insufficient batt power.

better cars are different in needs/budget/definition for all drivers. 

e.g. for me now if Hyundai launches the Tuscon with 1.6T hybrid total >220bhp and close to 20km/l and all the safety features like Korean domestic car, yes that would be a better car compared to even a Merc GLB/GLC (of cos the infotainment cannot match Merc)...

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Brass said:

Why come here to pick a fight if you dont like the Forester?

People here like their Forester and its potential modding potential.

I dont criticise any make (who said Chinese cars are bad, ahem) and all cars have redeeming qualities.

If you like, you can always choose something else (go get the GLC now!) , but people paid for their Forester with their money and are willing to vouch for it, similarly for my case.

What would you suggest then?

That guy is a troll. Just ignore him.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Sarion said:

there is almost no SUV in the same price range of a Forester in Singapore that offers the same amount of safety features.

to get these on Conti models, pay 20k-40k more...

when (if) the Sports model is launched in Singapore with the 1.8T offering 300Nm of torque, it will be even more driveable. the e-boxer now is a bit of a joke with insufficient batt power.

better cars are different in needs/budget/definition for all drivers. 

e.g. for me now if Hyundai launches the Tuscon with 1.6T hybrid total >220bhp and close to 20km/l and all the safety features like Korean domestic car, yes that would be a better car compared to even a Merc GLB/GLC (of cos the infotainment cannot match Merc)...

Well explained 

11 hours ago, Sarion said:

you can always upgrade to a set of STI GDB Brembos front and rear. they should be cheap to get now, just overhaul it and will improve braking tremendously. and lots of choices of rotors and also pads from internet online platform.

Changing to Brembos, will require change of rims which I am unable to find a design to my liking for the FXT.

Keeping to stock rims for now, as I find the design looks good to me.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Robin,

Efdc active is only with dynamic speed adjustment while pro version includes lateral and longitudinal sensor adjustment. 

Both can be fitted at ST Power with Active version at 1.8k which consists of 4 motors, extensions rods and 3 controllers, main one which connects wirelessly the ones in front and rear that control the 4 motors mounted on the adjustable endura active pro. I get mine from Japan and all fitted at BMS for 1.3k since even ST power reportedly offers no warranty but do call them to validate.

Please get pro version which will alleviates roll (longitudinal) when cornering that is an absolute joy on the highway in addition to less dipping and rearing up of front (lateral) when braking and accelerating. You can choose to activate/deactive these longitudinal and lateral adjustment as well as speed adjustment as you wish 😍😍.

On caveat though and while there is zero noise from the front perhaps due to my extensive soundproofing, the rear motor noise is very obvious as it is within our forester without separate rear boot ... hence shared photos of boxed motors and wrapped extension cords to somewhat acceptable noise level. Btw, it is the extension cords that radiates sound after boxed motors which probably can be excluded like the front motors without if you customise the rear boot board and cut your side plastic panel. I am not doing it .. yet ... since it is ok for me and I do play my music louder than norm.

Hope this helps further and pm me if you wish to try to understand it all and know how your butts feels ... to me, near conti thud thud when hitting gaps on highway and most compliant and quiet drive ever with this problematic ride forester imho .. finally.

Do start with the endura pro active 1st which is already adjustable to your preference and the edfc active pro when experienced it first hand .. you may not need edfc active pro which I cannot do without to have both 2 more sets of motors from japan to have 2 of the 8 boxed up as spares just in case and even for any new car that I may have to ensure dynamic suspension almost like those hiend merc S class or Audi A8  .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

PS: I am on less stable pink springs but less harsh than the RSR springs that I removed

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your concise input. You sure helped answer some of my queries! :)

I was actually wondering how is the motor going to constantly tune the shocks as we drive. Thank you for sharing your experience especially that there will be sound emitted for the rear shocks. Hmm....that might be a deal breaker for me. Cos i also do not like strange sounds for my ride. i saw some video on the youtube and it did not mention any sound but again ours is th open boot. Anyway, it was really an eye opener seeing the dampers being changed constantly during the drive. I am hyped up when you describe about the dynamic ride. :) This might need some serious thinking.

Can i check with you about the price at ST power and BMS at a price of $1.8k and $1.3k respectively, does it consists of the shocks and edfc active controller?

BTW, I have installed the magic collar as highly recommended by all in this fourm. The "crashing" effect of the suspension when going over uneven road has reduced to quite a fair bit. Only long stretch of a bad road will cause the unpleasant rattles. So let me monitor further when the magic collar has settled in and will still continue to "cushion" the rattles. I must say these magic collar so far are indeed a good install as stated by bros here.

Thanks again, Richard!

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

That guy is a troll. Just ignore him.

Why @kobayashiGT never ban him since he is a troll?

You see, I think that making it visible is certainly important for the sake of all of us,and for a quality space.

Moreover, he is xenophobic too.

Since he hates Chinese Cars, he must be anti-Chinese.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Brass said:

You see, I think that making it visible is certainly important for the sake of all of us,and for a quality space.

Ban who? Can just PM me. I will do justice. 🤫

• Praise 2

On 12/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, Brass said:

Koba also no use wan. NATO. :XD:

j/k. He's a good mod.

• Haha! 2

On 12/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, Jamesgetz said:

Richard, why did you change your Cusco Touring A dampers to the Tein ones?   Are the Tein ones a lot better?

Hi James,

Tein endura pro active with HBS is more compliant than cusco touring A and you can add edfc active pro for wonderful speed, lateral and longitudinal dynamic adjustment that is needed for dynamic drive and road conditions that cusco cannot ... cusco is not comparable but it is 1.7k vs 2.8k which I gladly pay the difference.

Cheers

Richard

• Praise 2

On 12/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, robintay70 said:

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your concise input. You sure helped answer some of my queries! 🙂

I was actually wondering how is the motor going to constantly tune the shocks as we drive. Thank you for sharing your experience especially that there will be sound emitted for the rear shocks. Hmm....that might be a deal breaker for me. Cos i also do not like strange sounds for my ride. i saw some video on the youtube and it did not mention any sound but again ours is th open boot. Anyway, it was really an eye opener seeing the dampers being changed constantly during the drive. I am hyped up when you describe about the dynamic ride. 🙂This might need some serious thinking.

Can i check with you about the price at ST power and BMS at a price of $1.8k and $1.3k respectively, does it consists of the shocks and edfc active controller?

BTW, I have installed the magic collar as highly recommended by all in this fourm. The "crashing" effect of the suspension when going over uneven road has reduced to quite a fair bit. Only long stretch of a bad road will cause the unpleasant rattles. So let me monitor further when the magic collar has settled in and will still continue to "cushion" the rattles. I must say these magic collar so far are indeed a good install as stated by bros here.

Thanks again, Richard!

Hi Robin,

Most welcomed ..

BMS only fitted the edfc active pro for my own import from Japan of required parts which totalled 1.3k vs all in by STpower at 1.8k.  All required main, front and rear controllers with display, motors as well as gps sensor, extension rods and extension cables are included.

I am ocd on noise and I doubt any forester can be quieter than mine especially with comfort based tyres and the slight noise after boxed and SP wrap on extension cable is far outweighed by the compliant ride and handling. Moreover, you can disable separately speed and/or G sensor control for lateral and longitudinal adjustment in quiet moments.

Cheers.

Richard

https://www.tein.co.jp/srch/edfc_e_ref.php?skg=SA2&gno=1&kth=VSSA2-B1MS2-L&ktk=0&sld=1

Screenshot_20201204-024647_Chrome.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement