2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

On 2/22/2021 at 10:40 AM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Shutterbox, 

I can walk to amk autopoint which is 1 km away but choose to go woodland that can cost me sgd25 taxi fare.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Nice talking to you this morning.

😀

Regards.

• Praise 1

Hey,

Oh no .. tks for taking the ranting in yr stride at ah keong's woodlands haunt for subaru owners 🙏.

But indeed nice to have a face to the name .. getting less often nowadays 😰.

Till the next time then 🍻.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

On 2/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, robintay70 said:

I am driving a 2016 July FXT. I remembered last year I had a severe case of sluggishness. It was so bad that it was like riding a jumping horse. I took it to the mechanic to check. They could not solve it. They said they will reset the ECU for me. Luckliy after that reset, I drove for about 30 mins and everything was back to normal. Smooth power and pulling strongly.

A few months later, I had  the same problem again. This time I remembered that prior to this 2nd time happening, I had filled up with 95 Esso just to try out and I also switched from Esso to Caltex for about 2 weeks.. So I do not know if it is the 95 causing it or Caltex fuel. Anyway, the sluggishness was not so bad, just that I had to step harder to get up to speed. I went back to mechanic and he also could not find anything wrong. So I got my ECU reset again. All was good again.

These days when I get some sluggishness, I will pour in STP fuel injector cleaner ($9.95, sometimes got offer at $6.95)), it solves the problem. and I am always on 98 Esso all way since those  incidents. Last week, I had the problem again. I again poured in the STP fuel injector cleaner but this time the sluggishness did not go away after a few days. Then I chanced upon the STP Complete fuel system cleaner that costs abt $25. Bought it and poured into the fuel tank. After about driving for 2 days, the slugguishness is gone. * touchwood*  hope it stays away.

I also hope it is not an issue waiting to happen too! TC is more sensitive esp. to heat soak, knocking etc. Probably car is getting old. But my mileage is abt 75k km only. 

Hi Robin, thanks for replying. The supposedly heatsoak issue is still present, sianz... did you managed to get some remedy from visiting BKS? Will be great if can share share here. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Orixy said:

Hi Robin, thanks for replying. The supposedly heatsoak issue is still present, sianz... did you managed to get some remedy from visiting BKS? Will be great if can share share here. Thanks! 

Mentioning about heatsoak, I wonder how come those 2 vertical lines at the corner of the front bottom, can't be made into air vents channel (with grills to protect foreign objects) ducted towards hot parts

10 hours ago, Orixy said:

No remedy, Ah Keong explained that some FXT are quite prone to this problem when reach a certain mileage. He suggested a tune which was out of my budget. He was kind enough to reset my ecu for me which solved the problem for a while. Ah Keong was also kind enough not to charge me anything. 

• Praise 2

Recently I have had an issue where the sunroof will only close halfway, pause and then auto reverse back to the open position. Press the button a second time and then it will close normally. I have checked that the tracks are clear and that the wind deflector is free to spring up and down and everything seems normal. Anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it.? Thanks

On 2/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, robintay70 said:

No remedy, Ah Keong explained that some FXT are quite prone to this problem when reach a certain mileage. He suggested a tune which was out of my budget. He was kind enough to reset my ecu for me which solved the problem for a while. Ah Keong was also kind enough not to charge me anything. 

Hi Robin,

Guess not heatsoak then else all affected but also guess Ah Keong does not know exactly why except some experienced it.

For me, I am glad I tried my best to take care with full aluminium koyorad radiator and IAG AOS ... to have best drop-in improved radiator which is also preferred with IAG that rely on the radiator to cool down returned force air for improved rate of taking out oil.

80k km in 3 yrs 3 mths and fingercrossed later than sooner but not surprised with same.

Cheers.

Richard

iag-performance-street-series-air-oil-separator-aos-black.jpg

• Praise 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, robintay70 said:

Hi Robin, i decided to do a custom tune to try remediate the issue, improve fuel consumption, and also improve performance. I'm happy to report that the tuning did make the "heatsoak" issue quite minimal and improved performance by leaps and bounds, FC still monitoring but from last 2 tanks the FC improved from 8-9km/L to 9-10km/L. 

I did discuss with tuner about the heatsoak issue before the tuning and he had taken it into consideration while tuning. 

Sharing here for everyone to consider  🙂

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Orixy said:

Hi Robin, i decided to do a custom tune to try remediate the issue, improve fuel consumption, and also improve performance. I'm happy to report that the tuning did make the "heatsoak" issue quite minimal and improved performance by leaps and bounds, FC still monitoring but from last 2 tanks the FC improved from 8-9km/L to 9-10km/L. 

I did discuss with tuner about the heatsoak issue before the tuning and he had taken it into consideration while tuning

Good to hear that. After tuned car will felt lighter and you can actually lighter foot during peak hour traffic and still have good performance.

At time when want more hard driving also shiok. 

@richard_crl032 good information for you.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

It seems that Tan Chong Subaru has removed e-boxer from its pricelist. Guess, it is not selling well for this variant.

The hybrid for the Forester is a joke.

Power is even lower than the normal NA.

Guys, rear wheel bearings might need to change soon (accordingly to MI service agent.

quote from there is obviously expensive (with parts and labour)

Any recommendations what bearings to change and where to change?

how much costs am I looking at?

7 hours ago, Tohto said:

Good to hear that. After tuned car will felt lighter and you can actually lighter foot during peak hour traffic and still have good performance.

At time when want more hard driving also shiok. 

@richard_crl032 good information for you.

10 hours ago, Orixy said:

I did discuss with tuner about the heatsoak issue before the tuning and he had taken it into consideration while tuning

Hi bros I intend to do a custom tune soon and heard quite a few comments that Forester XT is not advisable to go on a dyno run as our CVT gearbox might not be able to take it thus would like to hear your advice please. Currently I had shortlisted BMS Tuning as heard quite a number of good reviews. 

↡ Advertisement