2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

@richard_crl032 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:35 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Especially for fxt bros here since DIT unlike port injection of fna, would recommend the walnut blasting as seen here in my 85k km 3.5 yr old fxt.

Walnut Blasting for all model car  for S$0 https://carousell.app.link/YC0GzzQ83fb on #carousell

Also did injectors ultrasonic cleaning.

Quiet, smoothen pulling to speed and obvious reduction in vibration as you hold steering at idle.

Cheers.

PS: 1st time to OSK and no commercial implication but most reasonable I found

Screenshot_20210507-212620_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-213313_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-212653_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210507-212710_Drive.jpg

Hi Richard,

Can PM me price for the package? approaching 96k mileage soon.

TIA.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hello. I'm driving a FNA and it has been a good ride so far but recently the aircon is not cold (with hissing sound). Suspected this is due to the common condenser leak. However, my car warranty is over by
over a few months (Jun 2021) and the service advisory from MI told me that they won't cover it as the warranty period is over. I'm quite disappointed with that as this is a known issue and in some countries, they actually did a recall. I was so angry when I told the SA about this and he said the condenser issue is not a known issue and
keep repeating the warranty is over.

I decided to bring my car to workshop and will likely replace the condenser if it is leaking. Question here is what is the reason of leaking condenser? Never have this issue from my previous car for just over 3 years. Is it due to the stock condenser? Should I go for a aftermarket condenser or change back to the original condenser? Would love to hear from the Forester buddies here. Many thanks.

11 hours ago, Meepok said:

Hello. I'm driving a FNA and it has been a good ride so far but recently the aircon is not cold (with hissing sound). Suspected this is due to the common condenser leak. However, my car warranty is over by
over a few months (Jun 2021) and the service advisory from MI told me that they won't cover it as the warranty period is over. I'm quite disappointed with that as this is a known issue and in some countries, they actually did a recall. I was so angry when I told the SA about this and he said the condenser issue is not a known issue and
keep repeating the warranty is over.

I decided to bring my car to workshop and will likely replace the condenser if it is leaking. Question here is what is the reason of leaking condenser? Never have this issue from my previous car for just over 3 years. Is it due to the stock condenser? Should I go for a aftermarket condenser or change back to the original condenser? Would love to hear from the Forester buddies here. Many thanks.

Leaking because of the quality. Even you change in MI, they will use back the same part and likely will fail again after a few years. 

I've changed mine outside and they have used another brand. You can confirm that first before deciding to proceed or not. 

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

Leaking because of the quality. Even you change in MI, they will use back the same part and likely will fail again after a few years. 

I've changed mine outside and they have used another brand. You can confirm that first before deciding to proceed or not. 

@Stratovarius

Thanks for the reply.

What brand did you changed? KoyoAir? Do you mind sharing the price?

@Stratovarius Exactly my experience.! 

My work colleague and I are both driving FNA. Mine is 2016 and his 2017. Mine was out of warranty so I took it to an outside workshop. He gave me a choice of a replacement OEM coil or a Taiwanese coil for $100 cheaper. When I asked him which he would use if it was his own car without hesitation he said the Taiwanese one was cheaper and better. and I replaced it with a different brand. Now coming to 6 years and touch wood no more problems.

For my colleague, within 2 years his condenser coil also spoilt and MI replaced it FOC under warranty, but with same original lousy quality OEM coil. Last week, after another two years the same problem has occurred and he has just replaced it at the same workshop I used. Cost was $620

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Meepok said:

@Stratovarius

Thanks for the reply.

What brand did you changed? KoyoAir? Do you mind sharing the price?

Ya. i think is koyoair. Cant remember the exact price but is around 400plus. But @cmdsea changed at 620, so i cant be sure. I only changed the condenser. The ws owner was proposing to change out the coils too to be sure but i only proceed with the condenser since its already leaking. 

Neutral Newbie
11 minutes ago, cmdsea said:

@Stratovarius Exactly my experience.! 

My work colleague and I are both driving FNA. Mine is 2016 and his 2017. Mine was out of warranty so I took it to an outside workshop. He gave me a choice of a replacement OEM coil or a Taiwanese coil for $100 cheaper. When I asked him which he would use if it was his own car without hesitation he said the Taiwanese one was cheaper and better. and I replaced it with a different brand. Now coming to 6 years and touch wood no more problems.

For my colleague, within 2 years his condenser coil also spoilt and MI replaced it FOC under warranty, but with same original lousy quality OEM coil. Last week, after another two years the same problem has occurred and he has just replaced it at the same workshop I used. Cost was $620

Thanks for sharing the cost.

I wonder what the brand of the stock condenser and if it has the same issue in other car make.

Neutral Newbie
6 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Ya. i think is koyoair. Cant remember the exact price but is around 400plus. But @cmdsea changed at 620, so i cant be sure. I only changed the condenser. The ws owner was proposing to change out the coils too to be sure but i only proceed with the condenser since its already leaking. 

My understanding is condenser is the coil; do you meant compressor?

6 minutes ago, Meepok said:

My understanding from the ws is if ac not cold, can be either the cooling coil or the condenser leak, or both. i guess u know where is the condenser. For the cooling coil, i think is located near the front passenger side of the front dash. Cooling coil very hard to see w/o dismantling things. So if you see the condenser is already leaking, change that first. If your ac is not cold and condenser is not leaking, then it is likely the coil needs to be changed. 

https://www.carousell.sg/p/subaru-impreza-gh-aircon-cooling-coil-replacement-1015477977/

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Meepok said:

Condensor is located in the front of the car, behind the grill.

Cooling cool is behind the glove compartment.

2 different parts.

The compressor is in front of the engine. 

Total 3 parts for the aircon system.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
3 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

My understanding from the ws is if ac not cold, can be either the cooling coil or the condenser leak, or both. i guess u know where is the condenser. For the cooling coil, i think is located near the front passenger side of the front dash. Cooling coil very hard to see w/o dismantling things. So if you see the condenser is already leaking, change that first. If your ac is not cold and condenser is not leaking, then it is likely the coil needs to be changed. 

https://www.carousell.sg/p/subaru-impreza-gh-aircon-cooling-coil-replacement-1015477977/

I see. Quick search shows https://www.preciseauto.sg/blog/13/7/2016/replacement-of-cooling-coil-in-the-air-con-system

Just like what you described.

• Praise 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:25 AM, shutterbox said:

received this from MI

any good for a 55k mileage SJG?

Capture.JPG

Save your money from sale push by them lah.

Thanks to the recommendations and feedback from the various bros here especially Richard, i just got my FXT a set of Tein EnduroPro Plus with STI pink springs. Got them installed by bms in under 1.5hrs and aligned by Kenny. The drive now is noticeably more planted yet more comfortable than the stock setup it replaced. The bumps from road imperfections are now so nicely evened out and i feel that FXT should have been setup this way from the beginning!

Even carpark humps become less intrusive than stock, which came a a nice surprise given the slightly lowered stance with the pink springs. Bends and corners are also easier to judge and handle during the turning. Overall a good investment for my daily driven.

The stock shocks and springs are also holding well given 75k km mileage, so if anyone is dekitting and wants to buy stock shocks and springs do PM me 🙂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3