2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

@Orixy 

Nice and enjoy !

Seems you did not go for the active plus version that is also adjustable and usable with edfc ?

Glad you find that it suffices but indeed its bump recovery is excellent 🥳

Believe what you had described is improved handling with the lowered pink springs 🥳

I replaced my pink springs with Swift springs which are a bit more stiffer and stable where adjustability of plus version helps. 

The rear motors of edfc in our exposed rear boot are still noisy to me in quiet nights despite efforts to soundproof them and hence during casual daily drives when not needing the added realtime auto adjustment, I disable them.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

@richard_crl032 

I didnt get the EDFC because I saw your posts about the constant motor noise and having to do extras to dampen the noise. :D

I've set them to 10 clicks (16 clicks for max stiffness)  on all 4 corners, so far so good. Maybe will tweak a little when I'm too used to the current feel.

today managed to test out some large humps on the stretch near office which on the stock setup were "crashy" and the rear bottoms out if i go over them just slightly faster. With the current setup, now the rear just squats and recovers quickly without bottoming out, very nice! 

• Praise 2

Hi foresteers

Lately when start car, display says fob battery need replacement. 

Do i need to go back MI to replace or go outside soxxi master or can ownself buy battery online and replace? 

14 hours ago, shutterbox said:

Hi foresteers

Lately when start car, display says fob battery need replacement. 

Do i need to go back MI to replace or go outside soxxi master or can ownself buy battery online and replace? 

Just buy want and change yourself lah. CR2032.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

On 10/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, shutterbox said:

guys, FXT sold by MI in 2017(chassis build in 2016), stock rim is 7x18 or 7.5x18?

anyone knows?

I see the various 2.0 T specs, seems like depending on the market, the stock rim width is either 7 or 7.5

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/subaru/forester/2017/

Hi, if it's the stock Singapore version of FXT 18" rims you referring to them I'm pretty sure it's 7J. They are made by Enkei btw

• Praise 2

I wish to thanks all whom post here with their experience and knowledge which benefit me.

I just took over a FXT (2016) in June-2021. its a near 6-yo car (left with 4-year to go before end of COE)

I am interested with the full alloy or aluminum radiator but budget constrain I change to a similar to existing (hybrid with plastic and aluminum but the label is "Koyo" not sure same as Koyorad ?).

I wish to change to Moshimoto thermostat but the "Shifu" told me not necessary.  (I will see if I can change one at another car repair shop)

I change to Tein EnduroPro Plus using back the existing spring (sorry too poor to try the STI pink springs) and the ride is 100% different. the car when I took over the absorber probably over its usefulness, I have been rowing and rocking since June when I took over the car until I change to Tein EnduroPro Plus yesterday (wiling to pay for Tein as divide by 4-year, its less then a dollar a day to have a comfort drive). And even before I go for wheel alinement, I already feel the different driving home. pickup, on the uneven road, over the hamp, corner....etc I nearly don;t want to reach home early and want to drive till the end of the world (if boarder open I probably will cross into JB and visit some food stall for dinner.)  

Thankyou for all your posting that allow me to find a good mechanics and what to go for to have a comfort and safe ride.

please keep posting, your post does made a different, at least to me. 

Wish all safe from covid.

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, knnbeh said:

I am interested with the full alloy or aluminum radiator but budget constrain I change to a similar to existing (hybrid with plastic and aluminum but the label is "Koyo" not sure same as Koyorad ?).

I wish to change to Moshimoto thermostat but the "Shifu" told me not necessary.  (I will see if I can change one at another car repair shop)

Hi,

https://forums.nicoclub.com/is-koyo-koyorad-radiator-t411080.html

Good call by yr Shifu, a lot of $ to install Mishimoto thermometer due to change of ex coolant and redundant for our tropical climate ... and my failed in 2 yrs and all great since back to stock.

Cheers.

PS: if you considered thermostay, $ would hv been enuff for full Al Koyorad.

Screenshot_20211016-181112_Chrome.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032

7 hours ago, knnbeh said:

I wish to thanks all whom post here with their experience and knowledge which benefit me.

I just took over a FXT (2016) in June-2021. its a near 6-yo car (left with 4-year to go before end of COE)

I change to Tein EnduroPro Plus using back the existing spring (sorry too poor to try the STI pink springs) and the ride is 100% different. the car when I took over the absorber probably over its usefulness, I have been rowing and rocking since June when I took over the car until I change to Tein EnduroPro Plus yesterday (wiling to pay for Tein as divide by 4-year, its less then a dollar a day to have a comfort drive). And even before I go for wheel alinement, I already feel the different driving home. pickup, on the uneven road, over the hamp, corner....etc I nearly don;t want to reach home early and want to drive till the end of the world (if boarder open I probably will cross into JB and visit some food stall for dinner.)  

Thankyou for all your posting that allow me to find a good mechanics and what to go for to have a comfort and safe ride.

please keep posting, your post does made a different, at least to me. 

Wish all safe from covid.

Welcome on board as a FXT owner. 

My FXT is Apr 2016 and I am still enjoying it after driving for 5.5yrs, clocking 150k km. 

• Praise 4

A bit context before I rant on today issue
Clocking around 63K KM (never went crossway, purely drove in Singapore mostly city area).

I bought Forester XT in 2016 and been very careful in my driving, every hump I slow down like crawling.
A year + ago my entire a/c system broke down (I think my forester was still under warranty) but it seems they did a quick fix (and I knew there was gas leak because every time after servicing a month later it feel like hot like oven but after servicing every time it seems ok).
6 months ago all of sudden my Vehicle lost power while accelerating, while accelerating I see needle is moving but no power and then all of sudden will shot ahead (like no control). Brought to Subaru they said no problem and reset something (worked ok for 1 week but back to same issue, so I keep driving in D).
Last month got viper indicator start showing no liquid while it was full, it went off automatically few days later.

Brought back for servicing again, told them my front suspension making noise while going over hump although I been careful while going over hump. Also indicated about aircon.

Later received a call about sensor spoiled for viper water, front and back bearing need to be replaced (back one was around 800+ and front was 600+), A/C got gas leak need to replace that, some more issue about aircon also need replacement, bush cracked and need replacement. Grand total for just parts became around 6.5k. I been servicing at Subaru center from day one but seems they keep stalling big issues till warranty expired and now all of sudden I got slapped with 6.5k bill with a tones of things need total replacement or broken down.

I drove my first Mitsubishi Lancer for 9 years and in entire time not a single time that car gave me an issue, only before I got Subaru my radiator cap rubber need replacement (which was like 200-300$).

Just feel shyt about highlighting problem all along while it was still under warranty but was done some quick fix and now all weak things fall apart and need to pay all costing from own pocket.

At time of buy I tried other vehicles of similar type and I choose Subaru because quick pick but seems that been broken for a while and Subaru was not able to fix it.
I will run another few year, before I sell it and go to another brand (if I will buy again).

2 hours ago, commonjunks said:

Clocking around 63K KM (never went crossway, purely drove in Singapore mostly city area).

I bought Forester XT in 2016 and been very careful in my driving, every hump I slow down like crawling.
A year + ago my entire a/c system broke down (I think my forester was still under warranty) but it seems they did a quick fix (and I knew there was gas leak because every time after servicing a month later it feel like hot like oven but after servicing every time it seems ok).
6 months ago all of sudden my Vehicle lost power while accelerating, while accelerating I see needle is moving but no power and then all of sudden will shot ahead (like no control). Brought to Subaru they said no problem and reset something (worked ok for 1 week but back to same issue, so I keep driving in D).
Last month got viper indicator start showing no liquid while it was full, it went off automatically few days later.

Brought back for servicing again, told them my front suspension making noise while going over hump although I been careful while going over hump. Also indicated about aircon.

Later received a call about sensor spoiled for viper water, front and back bearing need to be replaced (back one was around 800+ and front was 600+), A/C got gas leak need to replace that, some more issue about aircon also need replacement, bush cracked and need replacement. Grand total for just parts became around 6.5k. I been servicing at Subaru center from day one but seems they keep stalling big issues till warranty expired and now all of sudden I got slapped with 6.5k bill with a tones of things need total replacement or broken down.

I drove my first Mitsubishi Lancer for 9 years and in entire time not a single time that car gave me an issue, only before I got Subaru my radiator cap rubber need replacement (which was like 200-300$).

Just feel shyt about highlighting problem all along while it was still under warranty but was done some quick fix and now all weak things fall apart and need to pay all costing from own pocket.

At time of buy I tried other vehicles of similar type and I choose Subaru because quick pick but seems that been broken for a while and Subaru was not able to fix it.
I will run another few year, before I sell it and go to another brand (if I will buy again).

What is the warranty for your aircon? One year? After one year warranty over liao why still go back to them? These ppl also funny. Make the broken parts tahan until warranty is over then tell you got problem. This kinda AD what for go back to them?

Why do you wait for everything to be done on servicing?

Sudden lost of power? No explanation? So weird. What did they reset? The check engine light? So the error came back again lah. Maybe they postpone this problem on your next servicing with them. They need more time to work on this. LoL...

Front suspension got noise then they ask you to do what? Replace wheel bearing front and back? Wasnt it front only? You never ask them rear still working or not. They say change, you say ok? Usually the rear wheel bearing lasts longer. They deprive you of using it to the max. 

I dont understand the last paragraph. What quick pick? 4D is it?

Aircon warranty over can do outside. If you go to places like L&Kim car aircon the price is reasonable. Wheel bearing can do at any workshop. Such wear and tear items dont need to do at AD workshop. You everything do at AD workshop the price is several times higher than you do it at other workshops.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

10 hours ago, Watwheels said:

What did they reset (I have zero knowledge about cars, and was told they reset setting and I took it should be some electric stuff which keep track of all parameters and they reset that)
Front suspension got noise then they ask you to do what (According to them suspension no need replacement just need to lubricate, but bush was cracked need to replace that and then all of sudden bearing are worn out and advisable to change came after)
They say change, you say ok (I thought they are telling truth and need replacement, maybe I will ask them to give me all parts so I can bring to workshop and verify if they are really worn out)?
I dont understand the last paragraph. What quick pick? 4D is it? (I took a test driver of Subaru/Mitsubishi/Toyota/BMW/Peugeot but based on budget/performance I found Subaru had better pick  and more responsive)

I am like those stupid people who believe AD are the best (same way I was keep believing SP for electricity).

I explain to them about power lose and they said they tested and found no problem (which I face almost all the time, so either their machines were broken or that was acceptable range), made me scare a few times while overtaking other vehicle when all of sudden lose power and you are overtaking.

I don't know any workshop where they do work on Subaru because none of my small circle of friend/family members drive Subaru brand (are their any workshop reputable workshops, so I can keep in list and use them after servicing contract is over with Subaru).

According to them based on their assessment need to change bearing on front and back both, just wondering if bearing are that expensive?

I just feel they just decided to change everything even they could wait till next cycle of servicing, I just did servicing earlier this year and just in matter of 6 months so many items broke down although there was not much usage due to pandemic.

Edited by commonjunks

14 hours ago, commonjunks said:

I only go back to MI for my FXT 3 free servicing.  After that all servicing did outside. 

They are many pro Subaru workshop outside. Why return to them even after warranty. MI is useless.

MI take you as a big carrot to chop.

Aircon problem is common in SJ Forester,  this was also mention multiple time insidethis thread.

Should get them replaced the part when still under warranty.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2