2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Guys I got a question. I want to mount a fire extinguisher in the car, inside passenger compartment preferably front passenger side. Any ideas if any workshop have experience in mounting brackets or velcro straps? 

↡ Advertisement

@richard_crl032 

Wah, front ARB still need thicker?

I am still waiting to install the following:

• STI Flexible Draw Stiffener, Rear
  • Cusco POWER BRACE MEMBER SIDE
  • Cusco Power Brace Front Side
  • Cusco Rear Differential Carrier 
  • Torque Solution Rear Differential Bushings

Keeping front ARB stock. Hoping the setup is good enough for daily drives.

1 hour ago, Incom said:

@richard_crl032 

Wah, front ARB still need thicker?

I am still waiting to install the following:

• STI Flexible Draw Stiffener, Rear
  • Cusco POWER BRACE MEMBER SIDE
  • Cusco Power Brace Front Side
  • Cusco Rear Differential Carrier 
  • Torque Solution Rear Differential Bushings

Keeping front ARB stock. Hoping the setup is good enough for daily drives.

Nice plan especially rear sti flexible braces that replaced stock thick steel ones.

I did not ventured into some of your mentioned braces but all sti flexible one, including flexible subframe as I dun sepang and wish for a stable, firm but compliant ride.

I also avoided coilover as a result ... yymv and expectation varied but when I dekitted my estima of >10 braces type, I enjoyed my ride for the last few days much more with reduced stiffness which is not helped by rear torsion beam.

My take is to add them individually .. lighten the $ damage, appreciates the differences made and most importantly know what is the shortcoming and if last added really improved. Else you may end up like me with twice sti springs, rsr spring, cusco dampers, bilstein dampers, cusco rear arb, sti rear arb etc. etc. before my current setup.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Nice plan especially rear sti flexible braces that replaced stock thick steel ones.

I did not ventured into some of your mentioned braces but all sti flexible one, including flexible subframe as I dun sepang and wish for a stable, firm but compliant ride.

I also avoided coilover as a result ... yymv and expectation varied but when I dekitted my estima of >10 braces type, I enjoyed my ride for the last few days much more with reduced stiffness which is not helped by rear torsion beam.

My take is to add them individually .. lighten the $ damage, appreciates the differences made and most importantly know what is the shortcoming and if last added really improved. Else you may end up like me with twice sti springs, rsr spring, cusco dampers, bilstein dampers, cusco rear arb, sti rear arb etc. etc. before my current setup.

Cheers.

@richard_crl032 

Coming from FD2R, anything now is mild.

FXT stock is very quiet and nice to drive. After I have fixed the LCA bushings and front drive shafts issues.

Just want to stiff up the car a bit to reduce flexing. Transmission and differential bushings, to improve the transmission efficiency, but trade off will be increase of NVH.

Hope to see you soon at the workshop.

• Praise 1

@ntuc2018 Congratulations on your ride! You will enjoy it! I got a pre-owned XT barely 3 weeks back and went to flush and fill with Ori Subaru Coolant.

Edited by 5ub23r0
  • Praise 1

@richard_crl032 

Just installed the STI Flexible Draw Stiffener, Cusco braces and rear differential mount carrier. The car feels more planted but no increase in harshness. CVT noise increase due to the rear differential mount carrier, but its not irritating. Car feels smoother, the feel of hollowness between 1.5 - 1.8K rpm is gone.

Cheers

• Praise 2

sorry i had to ask this, but the search function doesnt work for thread only.

If I need to replace front bushing outside of MI, where should I replace? and to what aftermarket ones, and roughly what costs?

1 hour ago, shutterbox said:

If I need to replace front bushing outside of MI, where should I replace? and to what aftermarket ones, and roughly what costs?

Bks woodlands c/o ah keong ... pls call him but think 280 and he will recommend previous SH's cos reportedly more robust. Cheers.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, shutterbox said:

I bought superpro polyurethane bushings from ebay, which is much cheaper even when shipping is included. You can go to the superpro official website to check for correct part numbers then search on ebay for options to purchase. Install at your trusted wkshop. 

The superpro polyurethane bushings are noticeably stiffer than stock but they should last way longer. I love the handling improvements they gave after installation! I also did the Richard recommended magic collar and those made the overall ride more sporty and planted, which i like. 🙂

• Praise 1

@5ub23r0 Thanks. So far have been enjoying the quick pickup speed. Haha. May I know where can I buy this Subaru coolant? I search Lazada. Seems dun have.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:07 PM, 5ub23r0 said:

@ntuc2018 Congratulations on your ride! You will enjoy it! I got a pre-owned XT barely 3 weeks back and went to flush and fill with Ori Subaru Coolan

Edited by ntuc2018

I am thinking to install such daytime running light on XT. Will there be any issue with LTA?  These lights bought on Lazada suitable for Singapore XT? Also where can I get it installed? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.0f44f7605448b12211ad26483b2217ab.png

10 hours ago, ntuc2018 said:

@5ub23r0 Thanks. So far have been enjoying the quick pickup speed. Haha. May I know where can I buy this Subaru coolant? I search Lazada. Seems dun have.

Uh I changed it at BMS. before confirming the car I sent it to BMS for evaluation. Then right after ownership transfer I straight drive to BMS and flush and changed all the fluids (Engine Oil, CVT Oil, Coolants).

10 hours ago, ntuc2018 said:

I am thinking to install such daytime running light on XT. Will there be any issue with LTA?  These lights bought on Lazada suitable for Singapore XT? Also where can I get it installed? Thanks.

image.thumb.png.0f44f7605448b12211ad26483b2217ab.png

was also looking at changing the fang DRL but I have not done research yet 😞

↡ Advertisement