2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

On 10/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, Tohto said:

USA, Australia and even Japan summer temperature is much higher than here, it is not uncommon to reach even 40deg C.

Previously when I first bought the FXT in 2016, MI keep pushing for Shell 5W40 oil because likely they get at very cheap price.

Now they switch to Motul 5W30 since they change supplier. But I don't service in MI after the 3 free service provide.

Hi Tohto,

Indeed these 4 seasons country can have days of summers that can be hotter than Singapore but we have summer for 356 days and hence considered a tropical country and they are not ... I drive my fxt almost every day.

Incidently, it is not uncommon that thicker eo is recommended for car owners in these countries ... for their summers.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Augustine said:

Hi All,

Recently sent my car for servicing and was told the car needs an alignment. Below is the vehicle alignment report.

May i know how to read the report? Is the car better after the alignment?

Thanks!

Alignment01.jpg

3 minutes ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

Is there any modification done? Such as change of wheels; different offsets or change of suspension parts?

The following is the alignment data for stock condition.

image.png.c08b34d27b30f9c1b84e228d00b15cb3.png

image.png.6293a9f432ff42809bc9c09dab9fd4d8.png

image.png.e8c722ee1fedac3eb00ef45bc29d1b12.png

image.png.7d7c4ca5b601841d08302ae6acef80d6.png

image.thumb.png.b93fbc6ba8dc8da859154f6a741400f6.png

image.png.286197ac552ee353cc57bab26ac3dce1.pngimage.png.1ccbaf433e59e4d627c64a3fc63f0682.png

image.png.72264337483d855f668184a2d99c1c6b.png

image.png.be66d1b001324009c2e0402ed5488bbc.png

image.png.8dc74c9e9f5a79d00e3bad8b1c7d7dd7.png

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

Is there any modification done? Such as change of wheels; different offsets or change of suspension parts?

image.thumb.png.e1cd9058bb99ac0a4f06b2d0d1bf9bd8.png

2 hours ago, Augustine said:

Hi All,

Recently sent my car for servicing and was told the car needs an alignment. Below is the vehicle alignment report.

Thanks!

Alignment01.jpg

2 hours ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

No modification done, all are stock, including tires.

2 hours ago, Augustine said:

No modification done, all are stock, including tires.

Great! Then you can use the specifications above to check on your alignment.

image.png.98fa558c0a54366ea16a724117051839.png

Just a curious question, did you whack into kerb or something in the rear?

On 10/15/2020 at 9:00 AM, Augustine said:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Alignment01.jpg

The report is quite self explanatory. Just read the initial and final results. The final should be within the specification numbers. Most cars can only adjust the toe settings, so forget about camber unless you have camber kits installed.

Ur report is quite normal with the front toe out of alignment specs initially. 

On 10/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, OnceInALifeTime said:

Hi all!

Can share if any had tuned their engine ECU?

I am new to this and would like to venture more into it.

1. What perimeters were tuned?
  2. What are the before and after?
  3. Tuned by?
  4. Original mapping retained and able to restore easily?

Do hope that would be able to achieve on RON98 petrol.

2014-2018 JDM Subaru Forester XT:

Power: 276 hp (206 kW; 280 PS) at 5,600 RPM

Torque: 258 lb⋅ft (350 N⋅m; 36 kg⋅m) at 2,000-5,200 rpm

As it certainly does seems that it will be very fun to drive with these ratings than:

image.png.241152790c44b11b5014d412047a4b65.png

Please kindly do share.

Mine was a road tune so I do not know what parameters were changed. Lol. The tuner told me can revert to original settings. 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:21 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Hydesg,

I have limited experience on coilover in testing out rides of generous bros with them which are primarily from Pedders and Tein.  I am however bias against getting into coilover from my experience with my estima which was a bad one since i covet comfort and not roadhandling but it is highly subjective due to individual preference and no same identical ride.

Pedders are for the hardcore which is still loved by some but many gave up in the end.  Tein is softer but still, some owners are trying to soften up their ride further. Be wary when workshop tells you that you can adjust coilovers to the softer and it is comfortable .. ymmv.

Unless hardcore driver, I would recommend to stay away from coilover and stay with damper+spring setup

Whichever route of aftermarket damper+spring or coilover, it will be nice for dynamically adjusting ones according to speed and even G forces like Tein which my current Cusco Touring A is not. Believe we all want nice comfortable ride most of the time while having things tighten up in higher speed and spirited cornering.

Key considerations then are the $ and associated failures due to more complex system after you make this move but please note I had not had the opportunity to experience this active edfc pro and damper+spring setup..

Cheers,

Richard

Introduction to edfc active pro and compatible spring+dampers (and also coilover):

<<https://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active_pro.html>>

<<

>>

<<

>>

Hi,

Still not happy with sti pink spring and adjustable cusco touring A especially after trying bro Jason's fna with tein endura pro plus dampers that was markly more stable and compliant.  More of the special feature of HBS and slightly oversized construction here:

https://www.tein.com/products/endurapro.html

Got weak and went ahead with the endura pro bks woodlands at 1k while ordered the edfc active pro controller from Japan at 1.1k including shipping and kena gst but was glad I did ! Pink springs are no longer jittery and new ride was obviously more compliant than cusco touring A dampers whatever setting tried with its incabin controller.

Yesterday fitted received Tein efdc active pro and was up at 3-4 am last nite on cte, sle, aerospace etc. doing adjustment and wow !!

With g sensor for both lateral and longitudinal adjustment, accelerating sees rear dampers tightens up and deceleration sees front damping tightens up for a stable ride without head rearing up or dipping down.

At increasing speed, my setting for comfort tightens up which is fine to have the needed stability for again a stable ride. 

Last but most important at turns when lateral, longitudinal and speed auto adjustment kicks in,  left damper stiffens up when turning right to pull car flat and vice versa. The result is 80kmhr cornering around usual bend from cte to seletar aerospace area from no confidence became 90 kmhr and still room to push.

I now swears by such dynamic suspension set up with dampers for compliance that was never achievable before 😍.

However, bad news is that while I cannot hear motor noise from front motors, the rear motor noise was unbearable .. it is basically in cabin for forester unlike sedan. This morning attempt with 3m insulation and SP material heavily wrapped made no significant improvement ... now in attempt to box it with the help of my friend and tba.

Have no doubt .. tein endura pro plus that is adjustable and tein edfc active pro for most compliant ride while rear motor noise need to be fixed 😔

Cheers.

Richard

IMG-20201017-WA0012.jpeg

20201017_123439.jpg

20201017_122240.jpg

14 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Mine was a road tune so I do not know what parameters were changed. Lol. The tuner told me can revert to original settings. 

Thank you!

Your original maps? Removed? Or additional maps installed?

5 minutes ago, OnceInALifeTime said:

Thank you!

Your original maps? Removed? Or additional maps installed?

For ecu tuning, the original map is still there. The tuner just change the parameters. To revert, just put back the original numbers. So I can say it's overwritten.

Also, it will be better to do it after your hardware change like intake or exhaust. The custom road tune will maximise the effect of these hardware.

going to change 4 tyres, should I go for alignment if I've never done it before in 5 years? stock car low 30k mileage

what's the go-to place for 4wd alignment, other than kenny's at AMK?

9 hours ago, Ngbernie said:

going to change 4 tyres, should I go for alignment if I've never done it before in 5 years? stock car low 30k mileage

Woah. 5 years nvr do alignment? No need for alignment when change tyres. But since you have not done so for the past 5 years, it's good to have it done. 

Personally, just go anywhere near your home or workplace. Kenny is good if you are fine to travel far to get alignment done. Forester is well known to pull to the left even when alignment is done properly. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Woah. 5 years nvr do alignment? No need for alignment when change tyres. But since you have not done so for the past 5 years, it's good to have it done. 

Personally, just go anywhere near your home or workplace. Kenny is good if you are fine to travel far to get alignment done. Forester is well known to pull to the left even when alignment is done properly. 

haha.... low mileage 30K only! should instead ask when intend to sell. Can consider to buy when selling! Especially SJG.

20 hours ago, Ngbernie said:

20 hours ago, Ngbernie said:

Alot of tyre shops providing alignment services. Kenny provide "custom alignment" (In my opinion).

Based on my previous experience, he will look at your vehicle and ask you how you would like it to be. If you corner alot, then proceed with adjustments.

If required, he will get you to buy the necessary items to achieve the required alignment.

If it is stock car, you can show them the alignment specifications to achieve, and they will adjust accordingly.

Perhaps, when you change your tyres with the shop. Negotiate with them to throw in "free" alignment for you or take a look at the alignment for you and if there is a need to adjust then pay a discount fee?

It is also important that the instruments used are accurate. Anyway, we do not know if they are tested or calibrated regularly...

On 10/15/2020 at 9:00 AM, Augustine said:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Alignment01.jpg

I am not an alignment expert but looking at the numbers there is not much difference between the initial and the final and many of the final alignments are out of the specification range. Once I sent my car for alignment but after going thru the checks with the sophisticated looking equipment the technician told him he actually don't know how to do it and so did not collect any money from me and I am none the wiser. But that was more than 10 years ago, now I only go for alignment if my car is pulling to one side.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1